Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > User Product Reviews
Reload this Page >

Freewing F-105 Thunderchief 64mm EDF Jet

Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Freewing F-105 Thunderchief 64mm EDF Jet

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 12:12 AM
GBLynden

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Freewing F-105 Thunderchief 64mm EDF Jet

This is my review of the Freewing F-105 Thunderchief 64mm EDF Jet. Below you will find the Uboxing video that show me unbox it and go over the basics including a engine and control surfaces tests.

In this video, you will see footage from two different cameras to give you the best experience possible on my first flight with this RC Jet. As you will see, I didn't set my time short enough to land without crazy urgency. I also needed to trim my ailerons and reduce the Dual-Rates from 65% down to 58% to enjoy it in the air. The ailerons are very responsive with the stock setup, so I recommend adding Dual-Rates.

For those of you wondering about my battery, it was down at 2% when I checked it after it was on the ground. It is back up to a safe charge level, but I have adjusted my timing to 3 minutes down from 5 to avoid a similar issue in the future. I was flying with a nice new 1600 mAh battery, so I thought I would have had more flight time, but that wasn't the case.

Here are the Pros and Cons for this EDF Jet:

Pros:
- It is fun to fly
- It is stable in the air once trimmed out
- The thrust with the stock setup is surprisingly strong
- It has plenty of speed and zips through the air like a well controlled dart

Cons;
- It has a lot of energy on landings, so it lands hot, as one might expect with a smaller winged plane like this
- The flight times with a 3S 1600 mAh battery are just a little over 3 minutes without overdraining the battery
Old 02-17-2018, 10:41 PM
GBLynden

I love this jet!
Old 08-24-2018, 03:27 AM
Kmonte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice review . I bought this jet awhile ago and installed a spectrum safe from a bnf when I was learning jets. With a bit of manipulation it worked well,still does
Old 08-26-2018, 11:44 AM
GBLynden

That is awesome! I am still flying mine with this same setup, but I am considering testing a launch switch like I have on my P.15. It makes it so I can toss it myself without any issues on the P.15. I bet the SAFE helps with the self hand launches too?