User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

tower sbach

Old 12-30-2018, 12:02 PM
oly 9

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default tower sbach

Been a Tower customer since forever. Always got the best service and high quality stuff and I would always go out of my way to buy from them. Well I ordered the Sbach arf and was a little disappointed with the build quality hardware and generally poor fasteners etc. It is the first time I have had a complaint about any of their products. I posted a review on their site for the arf and it was put up in with the other reviews. Well today I visited the web site and the review is long gone. I cant believe Tower would screw around with this stuff but they did. Its really disappointing in the respect that you would expect this behavior from some of the other venders. When you order some Chinese stuff you almost expect some of it to be poor quality but I will say that I have seen some of their stuff that is very nice. This is something I might expect them to do, not tower.I guess when the company was sold the business model went out the window. enough rant. Just to let you know.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:52 AM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Roger that
Corporate culture of the heqq with the customer, I'm fully vested is coming home to roost.
Without Tower Hobbies I would never have flown and the help of RCMag,no club near and no instructor, but RCM's advice and same from a Tower family employee I was on my way.

Time to curb the undue influence of like cultures. Would you tolerate such conduct in a club member?
I would not. FWIW
So where do I go now to order from An American Company?

To be fair I have has very much satisfactory service from Tower of late. Fast delivery and no errors in filling my orders.
I did have to wait an hour to get through to 'customer service', however my opinion after that call is this, after Hobbico going down in flames I think, suspect that Great Planes took a major hit and are trying to recover. I hope Tower Hobbies can recover.
I remember well the days of thousand dollar COD orders (remember that ancient condition of service?) and every item being the best quality.
Friendly fast complete service and great help too. We need that kind of thing now too.

Last edited by 142088; 01-10-2019 at 09:08 AM.