Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > User Product Reviews
Reload this Page >

Factories to You Inc. (Rich Yan)

Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Factories to You Inc. (Rich Yan)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 09:32 PM
deckert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Factories to You Inc. (Rich Yan)

Before I expound, I have, and will provide upon request via direct e-mail, any info related to this post.
I purchased an SBach from Giant Model Products in Lathrop, Missouri. Delivery and vendor support was excellent. I then needed a replacement part but found I had to order the parts from Rich Yan @ Factories to You Inc. located in Calif. I contacted Rich Yan via e-mail and he assured me parts were in stock. I paid via PayPal and then things went south. The parts never arrived. I called several times and sent e-mails with nary an answer until one day. Yan said the parts were shipped but low & behold, Nope! Successive e-mails and a letter to the BBB resulted in the ordered part arriving. Unfortunately, it was the WRONG color part. It was the cowl. I again called/mailed Yan with no answers back. I then had to contact PayPal and file a complaint. Yan told PP he sent the part, which he did, but he also never told them he sent the wrong part. PP did refund my payment but it was a huge PITA to work through.

Point being, if you buy from Rich Yan @ Factories to You Inc., I seriously doubt you'll get any support from him. I know he'll never get another dime from me. Not because of the kit quality but because he's a low down scum sucking liar.

Dan
Old 03-15-2014, 03:46 PM
albsurfer

I received a Skylime Sbach 342 60" RC plane from him last Oct '13. I finally opened it up early Feb 14 and to my dismay found out that the elevator halves don't fit correctly. the right half seems to line up but the left doesn't. The distances of the hinge line to top and hinge line to bottom surface aren't the same lengths. I have never seen a pair that weren't symmetrical like this. So I've submitted support tickets, replied to 2 e-mails, and intiated 1 e-mail for a followup to no avail. It does nobgood to call the phone number either. Karen falls short of her vall back promise. At.this poimt I habe to call him a thief. On another site a guy was positive in Jan 14 amd told me in late Feb he wouldn't take another plane from Dick if he gave it to him. The guy told me I'd have to make do with what I have now. Pretty bad comment.
So.. don't support generalhobby.com.. If you do and something isn't right, you better hope you used a credit card and not Paypal. Paypal only gives you 45 days to fimd out if something is wrong. Who sends you bad elevators anyway? Pretty shoddy of Skyline.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:54 PM
308jockey

For what it's worth I ordered an Evolution from General Hobbies back in January at a sale price. It was shipped via Greyhound and arrived in good condition. As it turns out the airplane has a known problem with the shear webbing that dates back several years and another vendor but I can't blame GH for that. Honestly I don't expect a lot of customer service from these discount outfits. If this one flies well I'll probably get a second one. Another roll of the dice.

Rick H.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:10 PM
albsurfer

Yeah Rick, I hear you.
I just expect it to arrive in one piece, and correct for assembly. I don't mind having to replace a few hardware components, but not major parts. If it isn't made correctly, fix it... or suffer the bashing, bad rep, and complaints.
Richard is to blame partly because he's listed as a Skyline RC direct retailer, so... you expect some service. And when people in the hobby don't hold them liable, well... everyone gets screwed.
He sent me another e-mail a week ago Monday and said he was sending it that day. Well, it still hasn't arrived and I don't expect it to. I should have used a credit card and I would have gotten my money or my parts. People wonder why GP, Hangar-9, and a few other major manufacturers are still in business with higher prices? Because they'll replace the parts or the plane, and in some cases, refund the money. For the price of the original plane plus major fixes or buying a second plane for parts, I can usually find someone with the same plane or similar for less than the additional purchase(s) added to make it right. Especially when you add in shipping costs.
Old 08-17-2019, 10:36 PM
Fenderbender419

Default Buy anywhere but here !!

I also made the mistake of buying from Rich Yan. A year ago,I bought what was supposed to be a Starmax 70 mm F-22 Raptor. What I received was an HSD 64 mm. I immediately e'mailed this clown and was told that they're almost the same thing. I'm up in Canada so what the hell can I do about it?Started to assemble this abortion and I still have not flown it. Goofy mis-matched parts,holes too small to handle the screw size for the landing gear,etc. Was supposed to come with a 1300mAh battery. I received a 1000 mAh. The motor has an XT60 connector and the battery had a T connector. E-mailed the jerk again,so what does he send me? A male/female T connector ! The holes in the servo horns were way too small to accept the oversized steel control wires so I had to drill them out.The model number of the receiver he sent me is worn right off so I'm thinking it was a used one he had laying around. Didn't get the battery pack for the receiver(the kit was supposed to include everything). I swear this guy puts a blindfold on and just starts throwing stuff in to a box and then sends it to you.All along I'm emailing this goof but he simply would not answer. Gave up and got in touch with HobbyKing to get a T/XT60 adapter and a really good dude named Ralph T is helping me get this piece of crap in the air. I have no idea how this Rich Yan clown stays in business. So, if you're considering buying from him,do yourself a giant favor and stay away.Buy from a decent place like HobbyKing instead. The only thing you'll get from Rich Yan is garbage and no support.