Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

seagull models

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Mary_Lachlan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: seagull models

Imagine the Wright brothers looking at this forum. They would be astounded at what we can now do and what is available for sale.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:32 PM
sljensen
My Feedback: (6)

So far my only experience with SEAGULL has been a LASER. There were some quirks to the ARF but nothing too bad IMO. It took alot of weight on the nose (ie. engine mounted as far forward as possible and a small amount of sticky-wights). Had an MDS on the front, it took a couple of rough landings until we figured out the prop/fuel combination that it liked.

Had a little time on the engine then tried to go up a little with the prop. Bad decision, flamed out and CRASHED, considering angle of impact, etc. very little damage, easily repairable. BTW I have seen others repaired in this exact spot, it's almost like engineered into it (like a shear pin on a PTO shaft). Fixed it and passed it onto a friend. My son didn't like the way it flew, too fast, but that is the way lasers are.

So I must say that I am impressed with build quality vs. cost of this particular plane. I won't hesitate to buy Seagull again.
I have heard people bash GP before, I wouldn't hesitate to buy them either, crashed and rebuilt plenty of them.

You see I am really good at taking off, just not so good on the landings.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Robert Gelina

I have been flying planes for over 35 years and I just had a very bad buy from seagull models. The 1.80 Extra 260. Very nice plane as tho I thought. After getting the bird ready to fly, I took her to the flying field with my son. Took off with no problems. Trimmed it out and all looked good untile I went to pull up after a turn. I am sure you no what was next. A very nasty, and I mean Nasty snap!!!. DO NOT! I repeat, DO NOT!! Pull up past half elavator with this plane!!! It will snap very baddly. Got her under control and did some minor adjustments and went to the air again. Same results! Very bad snaping and it flies like a rock. Not to impressed at all. Its to bad because it sure is a very nice looking plane. It is now in my shop with radio and engine taken out and will be ether a display model or will be disposed of. Sorry fellas, But I do not recommend this plane to anyone. It is a hand full.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:05 PM
top242

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys ..... I asked a couple of times in the thread, over the years, no answer

anyone can tell me the correct center of gravity for the engine PT19 40???

anyone can tell me if this is correct a plane asp52 fs?
Thanks for your answers
Old 04-25-2013, 09:57 PM
Bad Horsey

Im looking at getting the SEAGULL EXTRA 300S (61-75 SIZE).

Any comments?
Old 04-26-2013, 04:23 AM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

I have one of these. At first I had a 15cc gasser on it, flew like a brick. Now with a .90 four stroke it turns out to be a very nice flying plane.
And it looks great, I'd buy another one
Old 04-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Bad Horsey

After another bout of temperory insanity I ended up buying the Edge 540 120

Old 12-09-2013, 03:41 AM
izzy-israel-73

I have 3 seagull planes 2 funfly 3d and a Extra 260 160 to 180 size love the funfly's
Old 12-10-2013, 06:24 AM
Bad Horsey

Originally Posted by izzy-israel-73
I have 3 seagull planes 2 funfly 3d and a Extra 260 160 to 180 size love the funfly's
I find them easy to build and they fly well.