Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

seagull models

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 03:35 AM
guyglo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: seagull models

Hi from the UK,

I have recently bought a Seagull Dual Ace and can honestly say it is an excellent product. I have already added to the twin engine section of rcuniverse and pictures and comments are there. Fitted with cheap TTGP.42 engines it flies great and is very aerobatic. Construction and build is excellent especially for the price. I know it is their latest product and I can't comment on older designs but the whole package ( apart from the box pictures! ) is very good indeed. If you do get one please resist the temptation to over engine it. Mine will prophang on the .42's and she is very quick. She weighs in at 11lbs.

Guy Glover
Old 03-05-2006, 07:22 AM
3d12345

You can see many video clip of Seagull models at www.seagullmodels.com .
Old 04-03-2006, 02:59 PM
justmeme

Well having read all the threads ,i agree with the majority,seagull models are good value ,the instructions are not the best but having built the rising star ,zero,jumper25,seafury,edge,spacewalker,and now on to the dual ace,the instructions are not much needed,good value for money
Old 05-13-2006, 07:17 AM
hiddybiddy

I am a total newcomer and have just bought a seagull sea fury, a plane a friends grandfather flew for real in the Suez conflict. I will let you know how I get on and if anyone lives in Durham area I will be shouting for help I am sure. I hope its better than those who talk about in on the early dates in page 1.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:28 PM
ledsled
My Feedback: (1)

hey i was thinking of getting the .60 sized edge 540 from seagul but i am not quite sure what enginr to put on it. i was thining maybe a zenoah 20 CC or os 120. anyone have any suggestions?
Old 11-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Bobet

II bought a Spacewalker 2 from Seagull and was impressed with the model and the price. It flew well till my dumb thumbs crashed it. I thought it was beyond repair but liked it so much I bought another. A member of our club repaired the crashed one, sop now I have two Spacewalker 2's . They are a great ARF and you can't beat the $119 price.
Bob Murray
Old 12-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Tim Taylor

Hi, I'm late on this post but I have to add on to it.

I've built three Seagulls that I can think of. The Razzle, Harrier 90 and the Harrier 40. All three fly as advertised and are quick, easy builds. I lost the Razzle when 1/2 of the elevator stab broke off and had a real hard landing. This was more my fault than the planes but it is repairable. The Harrier 90 could use a larger motor, I'd suggest the ST G2300 or the SK KE130. I sold the Harrier 90 and wish I hadn't. The Harrier 40 is running a Magnum 52. I have a Bling 50cc on order and just can't wait to get it in the air. It will have a BCMA-Engines ZEN-62 Xtreme on it when they come available. Watch for my Bling review when everything arrives.

BCMA Engines http://www.bcmaengines.com/BCMA60xtreme.htm

Bling 3D http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdId=SEA4050

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44558.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	578766   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz81093.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	578767   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw59311.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	578768  
Old 03-22-2007, 02:17 PM
copperhead

Hello from ON, I just built a Seagull Seafury ARF, it built easy, havent flown it yet, will wait and see, also just built a hangar 9 t-34 Mentor, the most difficult and confusing ARF I have built yet, Contrary to the Hangar 9 Corsair that built easy, retract issues aside, I have the SIG Cap 231 EX as well, very nice arf, flies great, but the rated engine seems under powered, I have a ST G2300 on it and it seems sluggish, this plane may be better with a gasser. On another note, the TopFlight Seafury,Which I built, crashed repeatedly, flew great with a bit of overpower, and an increased wingspan,...which I achieved with a foam cutter and some free time...
My point, All Companies have lemons, as well as great builder and fliers...I built a "BlackHorse Piper cub, didnt like it, flew like a dog, I built the Sig Kommander, Not a bad mid wing trainer, but quick to bore...near indestructable...the list goes on...
Mark
Old 04-30-2007, 08:21 AM
ntsmith

Location: Bishop\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'s Stortford,

I'm not reading this and not replying.
All the Seagull kits I have had have been superb. The latest one an EF Extra 300 is absolutley wonderfull piece of kit. You must have really been unlucky.
give them another chance. I like black Horse too, but I found them not as good as Deagull
Old 04-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Tim Taylor

Here's the Seagull Bling. This one had a Zenoah BCMA 62cc gas motor on it. It's got the power to do anything. When building this one you really need to watch the wings. The glue is sparce if at all at the root, ribs and around the tubes. I took the covering off the bottom of these wings and reglued everything. On the Bling discussion of RCU several people have lost wings on maidens due to lack of glue. Other than that it flyes and assembles real well.

Name:	Tr51803.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	675465  
Old 07-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Turk1

I have a Seagull PT19 Fairchild and Im so happy with a SK 50 on it.It has 10-15 flights yet but everykind of torture maneouvers and no problem at all.Very good flight characteristics.I have to change stock fuel tank and landing gear wires.Fuel tank was wrong type and landing gears were too low for my rough field.Good quality.Great for price.

Name:	Ki18612.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	280.0 KB
ID:	729232  
Old 07-29-2007, 09:12 PM
[email protected]

are seagull models good quality airplanes im looking at a bling 50 if not does anyone have any recomendations for enexpensive high quality 3d arfs that i could put a zenoah g-62 on
Old 08-11-2007, 07:56 PM
OK2Fly

Just thought I's contribute... My Harrier 90's got an Evolution 1.00. Runs good despite what people say. Lotsa power (there could always be more!) This is a high quality ARF. I know that cause I can see through the covering.

Name:	Qo40954.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	740161  
Old 08-15-2007, 07:27 PM
p3313r

ive seen some good quality stuff from seagull. like their .60sized extra 300
Old 09-08-2007, 03:46 AM
Newalan

I am fairly new to this wonderfull sport, I taught myself to fly 2 years ago and haven't stopped, I love it and am sure it will be a lifetime interest. Recently, I decided to buy my first ARF, and being very passionate about the warbirds,
Hi,

I live in UK and own two Seagull Models, for they cost, they are great value for money, the quality is not bad either. With any ARF you have to remember that they are mass produced, so check all the areas in particular glue joints around the firewall.

I always pour some resin down the fuselage to make sure that the firewall is secure. Most of these ARF are built using Hot Glue, (not ideal) so do check critical areas and rectify it before flying, apart from that they fly great. Oh and most Asian ARF tend to get the CG wrong so make sure it's correct before you fly, this forum will tell you of likely problems on CG if you search the relevant threads.

alan
Old 09-12-2007, 02:41 PM
top242

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what its the correct c.g of the pt19? Thanzs!
Old 11-14-2007, 08:45 PM
greyfoxx

Here's my two cents! I've had three Seagull Models and all were as good as anything I've had thus far. I've had their Rising Star trainer, their PC9, and their SpaceWalker II. All flew quiet well and are quiet durable. I have anothe PC9 in the box waiting for me to put it together, but am in the process of putting a GP Ultimate 160 together at this time. This will be my first gasser.

I do have one question. In particular to Adrian-RCU; How about their Super Star? I notice you had a photo of one in your reply posted on 5/8/04, and I was wondering about your experiences with it. I'm looking at it as, as well as others,as a possible home for my OS 160.

"I've found experience to be a hard teacher, in life as well in this hobby. It seems that she always gives the test first, and the lesson sometime later!"
Old 11-15-2007, 03:46 AM
adrian-RCU

hi greyfox

well its been a few years since last I flew the small models - i have had many seagull models and still have most - they just hang on my walls these days as I fly mostly giant scale and some Jets

what I can say is that the seagulls were good years back and now must be just much better!!! as Horizon dont sell crap!!

Old 04-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Isshinryu

Hey!
I need some help. I have a seagull yak 54 63" wing span. The CG says it's 7-8 cm from the leading edge of the wing tip.
Would that mean the outer wing tip or near the plane. The reason I ask is that when I setup the CG the plane flys tail heavy with it set to the outer wing tip. So it's now seem to be a trail and error thing to figure out the CG if anyone has delt with this could you let me know Thanks!
Mike
Old 04-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Isshinryu

Hey!
I need some help. I have a seagull yak 54 63" wing span. The CG says it's 7-8 cm from the leading edge of the wing tip.
Would that mean the outer wing tip or near the plane. The reason I ask is that when I setup the CG the plane flys tail heavy with it set to the outer wing tip. So it's now seem to be a trail and error thing to figure out the CG if anyone has delt with this could you let me know Thanks!
Mike
Old 04-23-2008, 08:40 PM
mdegreve

Hi Mike

Mine is perfectly balanced on the first red stripe of the wing, just before the wing tube. The CG indication of the manual is wrong and many pilots have lost their YAK during the maiden flight because of this. The indication I give you is conservative, it should fly a little bit nose heavy with a full tank.

Mike
Old 04-28-2008, 12:53 PM
rnh

Hi everyone,
I am new to the sport. Started 4 months ago, on my boomerang 40 and as you would expect have started to look at other planes. Out of curiosity I was wondering if there was any information avaiable about modifying the plane? Things like:
[ul][*] securing bolts to the wing to get rid of the rubber bands[*] turing the engine so the exhuast comes out the bottom[*] changing to a tail dragger from the tricycle landing gear
using a wing with a lower dihederal
Can anyone tell me if they have done any of these things or where I can find information about doing it?
Seems to me this could be as much fun as buying a new plane and these are so inexpensive why not try it?
[/ul]

I appreciate any info you guys can supply

Robpod
Old 05-30-2008, 07:36 AM
A. Souphound

I purchased a used Seagull Razzle 3D without a instruction manual, and I need help on the CG location and control throws....

Thanks,
Richard
Old 07-14-2008, 09:33 AM
ktizo

I just bought a Seagull PC-9. The built quality is really quite good and it flies well. No complains except for the lame manual....
Old 07-15-2008, 06:42 AM
OK2Fly

Welcome to RCU, ktizo. I don't really like the Seagull manuals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.