Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Hobby Lobby

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 04:05 PM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobby Lobby

Hobby Lobby credited $7.99 less than it cost me, plus it cost me $10.00 to return a used airplane that I paid full price for!
If the $7.99 was shipping charges, then they did nothing wrong. No one refunds shipping charges. If you shipped it back, and that cost you $10.00, then they still did nothing wrong. Was it a scratch and dent sale item? If not, then you got screwed. If it was supposed to be a brand new item, then they should have refunded 100% of the charges, including shipping. Personally, I would have asked for store credit of the total charges and picked another plane out of their catalog. I would still have lost $10.00 for return shipping. That is still better than loosing $17.99!
Doug
Old 05-16-2007, 04:41 PM
gway17

ORIGINAL: firstplaceaviator

Hobby Lobby credited $7.99 less than it cost me, plus it cost me $10.00 to return a used airplane that I paid full price for!
If the $7.99 was shipping charges, then they did nothing wrong. No one refunds shipping charges. If you shipped it back, and that cost you $10.00, then they still did nothing wrong. Was it a scratch and dent sale item? If not, then you got screwed. If it was supposed to be a brand new item, then they should have refunded 100% of the charges, including shipping. Personally, I would have asked for store credit of the total charges and picked another plane out of their catalog. I would still have lost $10.00 for return shipping. That is still better than loosing $17.99!
Doug

Hi Doug,

I fully agree that the shipping charges wouldn't be reimbursed for some reasons, but yes, this was a "new" plane.
I hesitate to take credit if the company isn't one that I'd do business with again and I just don't know yet. I did ask them why the difference but haven't heard back.
I will say that the people I've dealt with have been nice. One made an interesting comment that "you get what you pay for" which I found a bit un-nerving.
It appears that most folks have liked them and that means allot, so we'll see.

Thanks,
Gary
Old 05-16-2007, 04:50 PM
firstplaceaviator

What plane was it? I'm just curious. The comment "You get what you pay for" would have sent me through the roof! There is no way I would accept that as an answer. I would have told them that I paid for a NEW airplane, NOT a used POS, wich is what they sent you.
Doug
Old 05-17-2007, 07:49 AM
gway17

What plane was it? I'm just curious. The comment "You get what you pay for" would have sent me through the roof! There is no way I would accept that as an answer. I would have told them that I paid for a NEW airplane, NOT a used POS, wich is what they sent you.
Doug

It was their Predator. Out of necessity, I can only fly elec for now. I certainly felt the comment was uncalled for and unusual.
I can’t believe they would intentionally send a used item and hope it was just a mistake. I’d give them the benefit of the doubt regarding the used item, but find it strange that they haven’t responded to the refund.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:56 AM
firstplaceaviator

They are a little slow to respond to E-mails. I have had better luck calling them on the phone. I am sure they will make the situation right. But, you may have to call them a few times to get it resolved. Don't accept anything less than a full reund, including the original shipping.
Doug
Old 05-21-2007, 09:33 AM
gway17

I never did receive a follow-up emil, but I just got a call from them.
They are refunding the difference AND the return shipping cost.

Now THAT'S a company that knows how to treat a customer right.
Being resonable is the key.

I'll buy from them again.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:59 PM
firstplaceaviator

NICE! I'm so glad they came through! One of them probably saw this forum LOL
Doug
Old 05-22-2007, 07:11 AM
donadler
My Feedback: (1)

About the time I moved to this apartment I bought a Multiplex EasyGlider Electric from Hobby Lobby. When it came I only had time to look thru the instructions. Now that I want to assemble it I couldn't find the instructions anywhere. I sent then an e-mail on Saturday and the next Thursday I received another instruction book. The invoice said "Special Charge .00. I really appreciated receiving the instruction book and the price of the replacement. That is real service.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:43 PM
danhudson

I love that company. They have always treated me great.

Dan
Old 05-29-2007, 02:11 PM
mbilar1

If you're new to Hobby-lobby like me, be sure to type hobby-lobby.com, not hobbylobby.com which is a completely different chain of craft stores.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:06 AM
gway17

Well, here I go again.

I had problems with Hobby Lobby on my first order (deffective airplane, missing parts, etc), sent emails to their customer service with no response. Sent more email and called,,,,,,then after charging me for shipping, which they also finally took care of, they came thru. Much more than I should have had to do, but they did take care of it.

Thinking I'd give them another chance, I recently ordered another product. This item also came missing some parts. I have sent emails to their customer service and again...........no response.
Anyone can have problems with products that they sell, but not responding to customers is unacceptable.
They are either not set up to handle customers properly or ????? I will [:'(]no longer do business with them.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:17 PM
srt4bad

Hello, I want a Falcon 3d heli. the only 2 places that sell them are hobby lobby and ka planes. HL no longer list them and I do not know about ka. my main consern is customer service. Will they replace parts as well as hobby lobby? I am new to heli's but the falcon has a lot with it, and a few problems that can be worked out with little effort. I see the ESC goes bad on most of them. Any help on this matter would be great.

Will HL ever sell the falcon 3d ever again?

Thanks Bill
Old 08-03-2007, 06:10 AM
JL1
My Feedback: (93)

To me, these guys (Hobby Lobby) are top notch. I had a failed ESC and, due to neglect on my part, let it set for nearly a year before I did anything. When I finally contacted then (email - quick response by them) they said it was covered by warranty. I returned the bad one and got a nice new one in a few days. That is just one of my very positive experiences with them.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:50 AM
firstplaceaviator

Hello, I want a Falcon 3d heli. Any help on this matter would be great.
I have flown the Falcon. It is an underpowered POS. When you crash it (and you will crash it), parts are going to be hard to find. I recommend a Trex SA ARF. It is a little more money. But, most hobby shops carry T-rex parts these days. The Night Ranger XL is a pretty decent heli for about the same cost as the Falcon. Parts are more widely available for the XL. The radios that come with the Falcon and XL are junk too.
Doug
Old 08-07-2007, 04:51 PM
gway17

ORIGINAL: gway17

Well, here I go again.

I had problems with Hobby Lobby on my first order (deffective airplane, missing parts, etc), sent emails to their customer service with no response. Sent more email and called,,,,,,then after charging me for shipping, which they also finally took care of, they came thru. Much more than I should have had to do, but they did take care of it.

Thinking I'd give them another chance, I recently ordered another product. This item also came missing some parts. I have sent emails to their customer service and again...........no response.
Anyone can have problems with products that they sell, but not responding to customers is unacceptable.
They are either not set up to handle customers properly or ????? I will [:'(]no longer do business with them.

Called AGAIN....and found out ....they don't have time to do email. Not what I wanted to hear, but at least they were honest and up front about it. They also don't have a 1-800 number.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:07 PM
mred33

They do e-mails with me......... I have sent quite a few e-mail to them about different things and always received a reply in two or three days. Never had a problem with them and always got good service. I also get VERY good deals from them on occasion. They are top notch in my book.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:29 PM
traffic447

used these guys many times over the years, always great service. Had radio problems, fast service and done right the first time. What else can I say????