Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

P-51D mustang by Parkzone

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Andy74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-51D mustang by Parkzone

Im a fairly new R/C'er and i just purchased it. I was wondering if anyone has any input on this plane and is it an Ok plane or not.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:51 AM
grinder-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: P-51D mustang by Parkzone

See this thread.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_30...tm.htm#3007882

I fly the Parkzone and it's a handful. Looks damn good hanging from the ceiling in my son's bedroom though.

Grinder.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:32 PM
MX240
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Park zone P-51 electric is the worst flying ARF electric I have bought.
Few it about eight times and gave it to a friend.
Under full power it flys OK??? But slow it down much...it will roll over and die.
It is too heavy for it's wing area.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Major Pain

The Parkzone P51 flys fair at full speed. It's a handful on takeoff. Hand lanuch at half to 3/4 throttle and be ready to fight the torque. The Parkzone FW 150 is much better at lanuch and flying it is great.----------Revver Bro #164
Old 12-31-2006, 02:27 AM
manuel frias

I'm about to buy a new plane for my self and I'm thinking of getting the park zone f27b stryker ore the p 51 mustang by the things Ive heard about the mustang i think the strker is the way to go can you tell me which plane has better performance and flight ceroristics
Old 01-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Mr. Mugen

I'll say I have the typhoon, super cub, slo-v, firebird freedom and the P-51 (2 of them to be exact) and I do not like the P-51 at all. I bought another one cheap used and thought it was my plane functioning poorly and a new set up might give me new hope. NOPE This is like flying a tank. I will sell them both cheap if anyone is interested. 1 is all new and other need a lil attn in the nose. I bought 3 fuselages and 2 wings so far. What a plane! It needs more surface throw area and more power.....just to name a few. Full speed it is a breeze to fly but when you let off down you go.....like a shot duck.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:42 PM
lizmandan

hello all, I have been around many different p51's in my day including the unlimited 100 In. racers back in the day. P51's are notorious for "tip stalls" at low speeds. This wing design is designed for high speed flight and will always be a difficult plane to fly. if you are having trouble flying that one but you want a warbird, try the new spitfire that they sell.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Major Pain

I agree the new Spitfire flys great,maybe even better than the ME109.------Revver Bro#164
Old 06-02-2007, 08:36 PM
G.F. Reid
My Feedback: (1)

I flew my P-51 for the first and second times yesterday and today. I think it flies great. No, it's not a floater but it's a warbird. They tipstall and they generally float like bricks.
Once that's learned, it's a beautifully designed plane with great scale looks. If you want one that's forgiving and doesn't require you to fly it for every second, it won't really look like a P-51. This one LOOKS like a Mustang and that's a plus in my opinion.
It's the nature of a WWII warbird in general...Some fly easier than others but none of them should fly like a lightly loaded sunday flyer sport model.
The Spitfire probably flies a bit gentler with it's generous wing area and slightly longer tail moment but I'm enjoying the heck out of this Mustang. But then, I've always gotten the most enjoyment out of watching a realistic looking model fly. I just don't fly Four-Stars and that kind of stuff.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:39 AM
timmy45140
My Feedback: (20)

I have the P51 and its full throttle or bust. I do however love th F27 stryker I bought for my girlfriend. It flies great, it's not the brushless one though. Doesn't like to roll to the right as well as the left. I have since yanked the electric stuff and use it for slope duty now. Flies even better.