Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > User Product Reviews
Reload this Page >

Fiberclassics 330L w/BME Evo, Pipes, Aitronics Stylus and HiTecs

Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Fiberclassics 330L w/BME Evo, Pipes, Aitronics Stylus and HiTecs

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 09:54 PM
Kris^
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fiberclassics 330L w/BME Evo, Pipes, Aitronics Stylus and HiTecs

The "drop" on my headers, from flange to CENTER of the header tube where it goes into the canister, is 2 1/4". I used the flanges that DA has for the BME 102 cylinders, used the 22mm KS elbow available from DA, a 2" extension on the outlet of the elbow and expanded the outlet of the extension to a wider diameter (using heat and a pair of pliers to 'stretch" the metal a little) so that it matched the diameter of the canister coupler. The "50cc" canisters from PEFA work very well with the BME102, but for 105's and 110 Xtremes I recommend the 70 or 75cc rated canisters.

As for weight, I serously discredit the claims of 22-23 lbs planes that are floating around out there. In reality they are probably closer to 25 or so, and I've heard of weights as high as 28.5 on some planes.

As for quality??? for $995 it's a very good piece. If the price was still $1495 I'd expect much better. Best bet is to look the plane over carefully when you get it, be aware of the shortcomings, and take care of them before you beging installinghardware.

BTW, I put a 110 in my plane, and changed the exhaust to suit it. . it was such a rocket, even at 26 lbs, that I put a "bored" 102 on it, using the 110Xtreme jugs and pistons to give 106cc of displacement. It's STILL a rocket, but he dedicated 110cc engines are just a touch more powerful, and REAL animals in the air. NO SUCH THING as too much fun!!!
Old 03-10-2004, 11:57 PM
RTK

Kris- How does the 2.6m compare to your new 3m in 3-d and IMAC?
Old 03-11-2004, 06:24 AM
Kris^
Banned

The 2.6 is much quicker and more reactive, RTK, so you have to get used to that. It tracks just as straight as the 40% planes, but can get almost "twitchy" at high speeds. That being said, once you get used to flying it, a 40% will seem lethargic and cumbersome. Both planes are just as precise in Pattern flying, and the 40% is better in 3D, though the 2.6 will really rip it up in the hands of a decent pilot. Yuri proved that with my plane at Joe Nall last year. . . (can hardly wait for him to get hold of my 28 lbs 40% plane). The 2.6 is just a hard plane to beat, and 90% of the flyers out there will never pass the planes performance potential. Its a very reliable, precise, and capable model, though shedding 2 lbs would certainly help it.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:49 PM
TerryHome

Hello, I have puchased some MKD aluminum control horns for my new Epsilon. How do you place the MKD control horns on the hinge line? The MKD control horns have a straight shaft, not like nylon control horns that have a molded curve built into them.

Thanks...Terry Johnson