Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Harbor Freight Wild Hawk

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 11:13 PM
JARowe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harbor Freight Wild Hawk

Hey guys and gals,

Any opinions on this Easy Star knockoff? I can get it for $69 right to my front door. It would be my first plane. Also considering the HZ Super Cub but that will be more than double the money. Both are 27mhz which is not the most desireable but the WH would basically be a throwaway first plane and maybe I could adapt the radio gear to something else when I'm through with it.

I've asked about this over at WattFlyer but thought I would check out opinions here.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

JAR
Old 04-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Harbor Freight Wild Hawk

Hi JARowe. Do yourself a favor and get the Super Cub. It is an excellent platform to learn on. Very durable, easily reaparable, and easily upgradable to Lipo, or you can even cut in ailerons.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:30 PM
goodswoods

Just read your post. Kinda late since you posted in april. I have a Wild Hawk, purchased from Raiden Tech. Love it. This one really flys easily. It would have to, for me to fly it! Also have a Cub J3, I really like it but whenever I land it it noses over, and there goes a propeller! The Wild Hawk uses a pusher prop. I have never even damaged it. (the Prop)

goodswoods
Old 08-05-2007, 01:09 PM
rcverse

Hey GW
Just saw your post on the Wildhawk........ like the general design...... pusher, EPP foam, ep glider... but had some serious doubts about the power , or lack of..... with this small prop and 380 motor are you able to take off from the ground???.... or do you have to hand launch it??? What kind of flites have you gotten from this plane.... how long, how high, etc

Also wondering how you get to the servos if need to repair or replace.... is that little hatch behind the switch, under the wing, the access..... ever tried to do any repairs on this plane????

Appreciate any insights.... sounds like you have a J-3 also.... other than busting props, how has that been, for comparison....

Thanks
Old 08-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Baja Flyer(Dave)

3 of us have learned to fly with the wild hawks. we've crashed them a lot, and they fly great. one guy has crashed many times, and flies every day for months now. he'd like a new plane, but can't kill it. you could modify it to do anything. i carry a 7 mp dig. cam in mine
they do outside loops and we're going to add aielerons to one soon. there's no catch, just goood value. rudder is a little small. needs slight mod. tape and a piece of foam plate will work.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:03 PM
budokaiboy

I have a local harbor freight and got mine for 69 bucks too. It flies great and compared to a similarly equipped EasyStar which is what it is an exact duplicate of you're saving about a hundred bucks. I ended up wrapping mine in 3M reinforced packing tape. I haven't flown it yet with the added weight but prior to that "upgrade" it flew great. If you get it from Raidentech, they also have spare wings that you would be wise to purchase just in case. :-)