Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Hobbico SuperStar 60 ARF

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 03:48 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hobbico SuperStar 60 ARF

To read the complete review and see pictures visit my website

FLIGHT PERFORMANCE
My Instructor took the airplane for it's first flight, and had to use some trim to get it to level flight. After the maiden flight was complete the rubber bands that hold the wing on were removed, everything was checked, and the servos were adjusted to get the trims back to level. We put the airplane back together, fueled it, and started it again for it's second flight. After getting to safe altitude, the controls were given to me via buddy box. I found the airplane to be gentle, and extremely responsive to my inputs. Overall a great first flight for me, and the ease at which the airplane flew, settled my nerves rather quickly.

TAKEOFF AND LANDING
After only a couple of flights, it was my turn to take the Superstar 60 off myself. Following my instructors instructions, I eased the throttle forward. A little rudder was needed to keep it straight on the runway, but it was easily done. Once the airplane had enough speed just a gentle touch of the up elevator brought the airplane from the runway to the sky. I was nervous, and pulled too hard on the elevator, but the instructor was there to smooth things out and keep the airplane flying. I was amazed at how little up elevator was needed to get the airplane airborne.

After a few flights of taking off the airplane it was time to try landing. I made several slow passes following the race track pattern, working on my orientation, and getting familiar with the airplane. I was at idle on my final turn to line up to the runway, and it felt as though the airplane was heading right for me. As it got closer I realized it was actually lined up furthest from me on the runway. As it was approaching the runway I just let the airplanes lack of air speed lower itself to the runway, giving slight up elevator to keep it level. It just glided all the way in using this method.

It takes off great and lands even better.

Old 03-01-2002, 02:27 AM
budcop
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbico SuperStar 60 ARF

PI, Great Review on a great airplane!!!!!!! Bud...