Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Parkflyers new 59

Parkflyers new 59" wingspan Cessna Skylane, Is a very nice looking model. This model has several upgrade options available. One of the options is a flap upgrade package other option is a float package. I will be doing both of these upgrades on my cessna skylane. This very scale looking model also come in a rtf version and a Rcvr Ready version, Mine is a rr version that i put a spektrum ar6100 rcvr in, which i understand if you call mark at WWW.Parkflyers.com 1-800-470-8932 he will also give you a good deal on a spektrum rcvr if your purchasing this model. In both versions it includes: 14.8v 2200mah lipo and ac charger. This plane has nice steerable nose gear and the clear windows add to the scale appearance. The included 3 blade prop just finishes it off nicely.

Specifications:
    wingspan 59"
    length 47"
    AUW 48 ounces
    motor 960kv brushless w/50 amp esc
    radio rtf 72mhz with 4 micro servos just servos in RR version
    battery 14.8v 2200mah w/ac charger

Options:
    Flaps, One thing i noticed right away was the fact the wings already were cutout for the flap servos and wires. The flap kit includes two servos and all the necessary hardware to make your flaps operational, a very nice package deal for a very reasonable price.
    Floats, This option again has all the necessary hardware plus a servo and a rudder set up to help steer your cessna on the water. again a good deal for the price.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pn35843.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	1254427   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vt57133.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	1254428  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Parkflyers new 59

Looks like a very promising model. Slowly getting back to my roots of flying more and more lately. Will be following your progress intently!
    These opinions expressed here are my own and may not necessarily represent the views of RCUniverse.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Packaging: The first thing i thought when i opened up the box was wow this thing is huge and as normal like previous models ive gotten from parkflyers it was packaged very well mine had no damage. No missing parts. Everything was very securely held in place.

Name:	Xv64744.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	1254434   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw68997.jpg 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	1254435   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay75474.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	1254436  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Assembly: Is very easy, the servos are already installed for the ailerons, elevator, rudder and steering. Several suggestions I always check the factories work, make sure your servos are secure. Check the hinges and any pre-installed control surfaces. The whole assembly is very easy and the instruction manual has pictures and text for each step. Only thing different than instruction manual is that the servos dont have to be installed just checked. Before attaching control rods be sure to center your servos.The included wheelpants look good but i had to take mine off because my flying field here at my house is grass and the grass just tears them off anyways. Plus im going to be putting floats on mine soon and flaps that i will do a howto on.The main wing is held on with 4 metal screws, make sure the nuts in fuselage are securely glued. I found the CG on mine to be dead on. The wing halves join using metal rod and tube and wing has interlocks molded in, so no need to glue the wing halves together, this will make it alot easier to transport.
    Now charge up that included lipo and go flying.

Name:	Hf99810.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	1254438   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv63791.jpg 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	1254439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ca80534.jpg 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	1254440   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo39420.jpg 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	1254441  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Flight: As my cessna rolled down the runway it looked very scale and takes off so smoothly and in a very short distance if you want too. This model could very easily be a trainer or a nice scale plane. Flight is very smooth, plane tracks very nicely. Loops, rolls are very easily done and look very smooth and scale. Inverted flight was nice, model still tracked very straight and level. Landings were nice and uneventful i could tell with the flap upgrade this plane is just going to float in on landings. The provided motor/esc and lipo were more than powerful enough, this big cessna will even hover watch the video.

Name:	Zx72612.jpg 
Size:	160.1 KB 
ID:	1254442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us52848.jpg 
Size:	220.8 KB 
ID:	1254443   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fd91834.jpg 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	1254444   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv64056.jpg 
Size:	176.5 KB 
ID:	1254445  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dW_Y...layer_embedded

Ever seen a cessna doing 3d watch that video...i will be adding vids with floats and a howto for adding flaps and floats...tks DJ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Dreamin Hemi

Looks like a very promising model.* Slowly getting back to my roots of flying more and more lately.* Will be following your progress intently!
    Hi Scott, welcome back to the skies....DJ