Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Sig Rascal

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2002, 03:35 AM
bigbri
My Feedback: (287)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Rascal

Ok If you are looking for a fast building FUN.....and I mean FUN little plane you have to get the Sig Rascal. I just picked one up all built from a friend. He states the kit was fun to build and all the parts went together perfectly......
I got it and put an OS FP-10 in it. # mini servos and a 600 mah batt. pack W/ airtronics 7 ch FM reciever. All I can say is WOW !!! What a great flying little airplane. W/ extra lg wheels it takes off in about 10 feet from grass. It can fly Slooooooooo Like the best trainer. Put the rates on high and this little 3 channel airplane will fly inverted, Snaps so fact you cannot count them, great spins W/instant recovery, stall turns, rolls ect. I would say everything but knife edge.
The FP-10 is almost as quiet as an electric and pulls this plane almost straight up. I have flown a lot of planes and this one is bringing the fun back into the hobby for me. Tomorrow on the way to work I will go to the empty park for a few flights. I bought this for my son who has just solod a trainer. I put it on low rates and he has a blast with it. The only problem is we only have one (and we both hate to share this one.....OK we just hate to share) This plane excells in calm weather, but I have had it up in winds gusting up to 30 mph. !!!! Get one you wont be sorry. I am going to get the 40 size ARF when I can get up the cash
Brian
Old 02-05-2023, 07:48 PM
LLRCFlyer

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Rascal photo plane

I build a Sig 1/2A Rascal and powered it with a Norvel Big Mig .061 rc engine. NIce combo. I wanted to take aerial videos with a720/480 pitch light weight key-fob camera. The Rascal was well suited for this. I made a wire bracket that sat on top of the wing high enough to get the camera out of the propeller flicker and also above the goo line from the exhaust. The Rascal is very stable and can be easily controlled at high altitudes (1000 feet) by just steering it around the sky with only rudder inputs. Fun flying little airplane.