Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > User Product Reviews
Reload this Page >

Great Planes Eagle 580 ARF Landing gear

Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Great Planes Eagle 580 ARF Landing gear

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 08:29 AM
rs670
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Eagle 580 ARF Landing gear

I recently purchased this plane from Tower Hobbies. Upon opening the box, I was very impressed with the overall quality of everything. The covering job was just about perfect. I installed the recommended 80 size electric motor and 60 amp ESC. Maiden flight went well except for landing. Don't get me wrong.... it wasn't bad, but it bounced a couple times. I was disappointed to find that the fiberglass landing gear cracked. It was still flyable but I ordered new gear from Tower Hobbies. After replacing the gear and having a "perfect" plane again, I took it back to the field. Our field is smooth grass. This time, I was more careful with the landing. Things were going great but guess what.... After 4 or 5 "good landings", I noticed the gear was cracked again. It's hardly noticable but the gel coat chips off showing fiberglass underneath. I'm currently on my 3rd set of original gear but have placed an order with tntlandinggear.com for thier product which I believe will solve the problem. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what did you do?
Old 10-16-2010, 10:44 PM
RonParent

Default RE: Great Planes Eagle 580 ARF Landing gear

Yes I have changed to Chief carbon fiber g2 The landing gear for Horrizon Funtana fits nicely in the same area giving the plane about 1" more ground clearane, but it does land fast I have decided to add flaps now need to figure how much elevator
Old 10-17-2010, 08:03 PM
rs670
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Great Planes Eagle 580 ARF Landing gear

Thanks for the reply.... I also went with the G2 carbon fiber landing gear. I placed the order for the carbon fiber gear after receiving the aluminum gear from www.tntlandinggear.com . Now I have (2) aftermarket sets. The carbon fiber looks better.

You're right about it coming in fast! Be careful not to use excessive elevator & airleron movement.