Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > VPP - Variable Pitch Prop 4D flying
Reload this Page >

Mamo Upsidedown on a Nippel questions

Notices
VPP - Variable Pitch Prop 4D flying Discuss VPP - Variable Pitch Prop 4D flying in this forum

Mamo Upsidedown on a Nippel questions

Old 11-19-2009, 04:24 PM
sl0flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mamo Upsidedown on a Nippel questions

Hi... This is my first post on rc universe

rcgroups doesn't have a dedicated vpp thread, so heres my question for ya'll:

I just purchased the Mamo upsidedown and two nippel kits. I've got the 2s 500mah lipos, and some spare 10amp escs and 1450kv 14t 19g outrunner that can be found here (great motor puts out 220grams of thrust on gws 8043 with 2 cell lipo) This is similar to the AXi 2203/52 or 2204/54

1. How exactly does the upsidedown connect to the motor? The motor that I usually use for my idoor foamies
2. With my usual setup I get 220 grams of thrust with a gws 8043, how much of a thrust reduction can I expect with the upsidedown?
3. Can anyone make any motor recomendations for this vpp setup for a 150gram plane?

Thanks everyone

Old 11-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Rodine Air Force

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mamo Upsidedown on a Nippel questions

Hi

Mamo upsidedown unit needs to be mounted on a shaft. I don’t know if this motor has a shaft sticking out the back.
On my previous setup I had about 1/3 of thrust loss between APC prop and EVP prop. Note that this was not a Mamo upsidedown prop. I hope I will have some measurements of upsidedown unit with DW6/21-Ag (Slowflyworld) motor soon.