Community
Search
Notices
VPP - Variable Pitch Prop 4D flying Discuss VPP - Variable Pitch Prop 4D flying in this forum

how does this all work

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Edgeomatic
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how does this all work

I know how the prop works but I was wondering how the radio works and setup. Also how flying whys it goes, is the stick at half throttle like a heli and you just give it positive or negative pitch. Or is it a switch when you want it to work.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:13 PM
mdavies31

Default RE: how does this all work

Just like a heli. Use normal with a 0 to 100 throttle curve and all pitch points the same, like 100-100-100-100-100 or what ever number gets the pitch you want. That gets you in the air just like any normal plane. When in flight switch to idle 1, throttle curve is something like 100-100-75-100-100 and pitch is 0-25-50-75-100. Full forward pitch at top stick, full backward pitch at bottom stick. Center stick is no pitch and reduced throttle so not to over rev. This is with a Futaba 9C.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Edgeomatic
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: how does this all work

Thanks that helps a lot. I am a JR guy, do you think it would be just about the same as the futaba. Also I use a JR642 on my electrics will that do the trick?

thanks for your help