Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

V200d02

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 06:16 PM
ksm1969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V200d02

Hello. I got the Walkera V200D02 and its nice. Ihad the V200D01 but i was sick of the gears stripping out. Well i was wondering if anyone else who has a flybarless heli knows how to adjust the heli from tilting back when the heli is flying forward. It is almost like the heli is trying to level out when i fly forward at a fast pace. If ths makes sense to anyone let me know. Thanks a lot..KSM1969
Old 12-15-2010, 02:29 PM
DeLeon79

Default RE: V200d02

is this a good heli for beginners? ive been reading up on this heli on helipal and other site, and im thinking about getting it. it looks really sweet! do you have any videos??

thanks,
Chris
Old 12-16-2010, 11:08 AM
ksm1969

IF you can fly a coaxial you can fly a V200d02. I dont have any video..sorry..The thing that is tricky about the Walker Flybarless heli's is if you land in tall grass and it happens to tip, the blades still spin for a mili second and thats the reason some peole are stripping out gears fast. You have to land flat and before the battery is dead. I set my watch to go off in 7 minutes and when my watch beeps i land. Other than that and it flies a little different it is nice..KSM1969
Old 01-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Axnjxn

Greetings DeLeon79!

I'm going to extend my noobism here probably a tad in the direction of boldness, but I'd offer to politely say, unless you're 'really' ready for an above average jump in quality, highly manuverable, and potential flight-shock value, I'd say no... I'd thought the same thing too; did an extensive amount of research, personal thinking and lots of forum search. XHeli.com with the review from Tony states ...'it's a really nice heli but a 'step up' from what you are use too being flybarless...' I simply couldn't agree more. It was a bit of a shock to me and I didn't think it would be that much of a jump. I ended up purchasing it, and with a ton of extra parts, ended up breaking the tail blade in ten minutes flat after a tweak input condition turned the bird a bit to abruptly in the air and then my counter correction was then - too 'abrupt' and she went down. Don't get me wrong here; it ISa nice heli, but for me and for what I presume was great advice given to me that Iwas a bit bold on thinking was 'my' next step, I'll offer to you to consider maybe something with a flybar version... Ilove my V200D02 but she's got a bit of learning curve in my respectful thoughts. Cheers and best of luck!
Old 01-27-2011, 12:51 PM
ksm1969

Hey peeps. I want to thank everyone for their imput. I did a ton of very small tweeks and i got it to fly almost the way i want it. Apparently these flybarless heli's are a different animal when it comes to fast forward flight. I give it just a little forward motion and let it rip. In other words when you want to go fast you dont have to go all the way forward with the elevation on the remote. Just let the heli go by itself and it will tilt forward all by its lonesome. This sounds kinda funny but try it..But there is tons of tweeking..Happy Flying..KSM1969
Old 02-01-2011, 02:15 PM
FCRC

KSM, can you snap a photo of your gyro settings? Itoo am in the tweeking mode and curious to see what folks are trying that work. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:09 PM
ksm1969

Hey FCRC. I will try to get a pic of my settings but their pretty much set in the middle. Also if you want, on the blade holders there is another set of holes for your ball linkages. Ive heard some people using the other holes saying that also helps for better forawrd flight. I tried it on my 180 D and it made a nice difference. Have not tried it on my V200 yet. Hope all this helps. Keep in touch peeps. KSM1969
Old 02-02-2011, 09:49 PM
DaxFX

i am having the same problem. fast forward and when i let the stick she want to flip backward. kinda scary.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:37 AM
ARSRC

Hey...
I just got the V200d02 and I'm having trouble adjusting the gyro and the controller...
I cant get it to hover at all - it keeps flying backwards despite the adjustments in the controller.
Because of this I trashed the tail rotor - I want to repalce it but the manual has no instructions on how to do this.
Any tips please...!!!
Cheers
Old 03-11-2011, 10:38 AM
ksm1969

Hey ARSCR. Sounds like you have to unhook your ball linkage from your swashplate and turn the ball linkage to adjust your heli to make it hover. Make sure your remote settings are all at 50% before you do this. Good luck. All i can say is i flew a SR 120 and they are a great heli. I dont thin i like this Walkera flybarless stuff...KSM1969
Old 03-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Axnjxn

Completely agree with this analysis from 'ksm1969' [Hey ARSCR. Sounds like you have to unhook your ball linkage from your swashplate and turn the ball linkage to adjust your heli to make it hover. Make sure your remote settings are all at 50% before you do this]

This is certainly what you're looking at for a correction. Now after three months with this, this heli is a dream to fly. They only problem I have is that the gyro is a bit oversensitive to correct itself. This alone causes wind to play with 'you' as the heli tries to compensate - and so do you! The results can be well, sad. I have more duct tape holding my canopy together than would seem possible, and for the frame, well she's been shattered. Love the gyro's capability but haven't quite got it settled down enough to be a bit more generous when the wind picks up. Cheers!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:17 PM
ARSRC

Thanks for the answer.
I flew the helicopter for a couple of minutes but now I'm having problems with the tail rotor motor. It doesn't engage when I give thrust to the Helicopter and this makes the Heli spin like crazy... The weird thing is that if I move the rudder stick to the left then the tail rotor engages. However it engages at max speed - zero control - and it only stops if I cut the thrust completely.
I tried to adjust the Controller but no dice. I also removed the tail rotor assembly and checked for poor contact - everything seemed normal. Could be that the tail motor is fried?
Cheers..!
Old 03-26-2011, 02:10 PM
j1nx123

I just bought one of these and I am, REALLY new to helis. I bought it asmy first one and ill attest the this not for a beginner by any means.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:11 AM
ksm1969

Hey J1nx123. The V200D02 is kinda pain in the ass. I still have mine but i bought a 120MSR. Way better heli. I need a new gear for my V200 but as soon as thats on it's outta here. I thought i had my V200D02 tuned in but i was wrong. It still likes to pitch backwards a little in a fast forward flight. Ya know I had a 180D and i loves that thing but the range issues..Well good luck people....KSM1969
Old 04-11-2011, 02:53 PM
DaxFX

any1 had solve de pitch back problem ?
Old 04-12-2011, 10:21 AM
ksm1969

Hey people. I am getting rid of my v200d02. Got the E-flite 120 and it is great. I am asking $75 for it. Ihope the best of luck with anyone who has one of these v200's..KSM1969
Old 04-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Stevemech

Old 05-03-2011, 12:11 PM
ksm1969

Hey peeps. I decided to try something different with my V200D02 after racking my brain with it. Took me forever but i'll be damned i found a cure for the heli to stop it from pitching backwards in fast forward flight.
1..Take the receiver on the heli and unstick it from the frame and move it forward and restick just enough where the wires are not quite tight.
2..Before turning the heli on, make sure it is level or just a hair pitched forward
3..Plug heli in first.
4..Turn transmitter on and let it bind..
This thing flies great now without any backwards pitch. I am guessing the reciver during the binding process needs to know where the heli actually is flying level. If it is pitched back just a hair the receiver thinks that is where the level point is. This may sound nuts but my heli hauls ass now and flies straight. Remeber just a hair forward during the binding process. You guys let me know how it goes...KSM1969