Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

Walkera #4 Fixed Pitch Helicopter Forum

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera #4 Fixed Pitch Helicopter Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 02:14 PM
GTX SlotCar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera #4 Fixed Pitch Helicopter Forum

I only have 2 samples with me. One is polished and one has the EP finish. Both are 305mm and are a full 5mm OD. 5mm OD fits all the tail housings and it fits the frames for the Blade CP and Esky helis. The new DF4 frame has a slightly smaller opening and has to be enlarged. I did it with a 13/64 drill bit (no drill, I just turned it by hand). Our production run will be 4.95mm OD, the same size as the stock CF booms.
The production units will be easier to install, but if you want, I can ask my partners which Euro dealers are selling them and you can order from them.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:41 PM
richcreations

I would like to get one, but the shipping from europe would be a lot... how long before you will be selling them?
ORIGINAL: GTX SlotCar

I only have 2 samples with me. One is polished and one has the EP finish. Both are 305mm and are a full 5mm OD. 5mm OD fits all the tail housings and it fits the frames for the Blade CP and Esky helis. The new DF4 frame has a slightly smaller opening and has to be enlarged. I did it with a 13/64 drill bit (no drill, I just turned it by hand). Our production run will be 4.95mm OD, the same size as the stock CF booms.
The production units will be easier to install, but if you want, I can ask my partners which Euro dealers are selling them and you can order from them.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:09 PM
GTX SlotCar

They should be available for retail in 10 to 14 days.
We've also thought of offering them in a black high gloss finish. Anybody think there's a market for it?
Old 03-13-2007, 03:19 PM
richcreations

Well I can wait a couple weeks, I might not even fly again before that (will be sticking to the sim for a while)... Black might be cool, but smokey grey that matches the super-skids would look the best I think...

when they are ready I will order one, and a set of skids... perhaps a lipo as well... (speaking of which, when will you have those as well)

ORIGINAL: GTX SlotCar

They should be available for retail in 10 to 14 days.
We've also thought of offering them in a black high gloss finish. Anybody think there's a market for it?
Old 03-13-2007, 03:57 PM
GTX SlotCar

The LiPos should be here in less than a week. That reminds me that I should check on those. It's not just me that sold out. Our offices in Vancouver and China did, too.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:54 PM
msn_jrd

hey guy iv had great luck with the d4 but iv got one that needs a 4in1 and no one can seem to get one so i was hopeing one of you guys that went with seperates might have one thats still good that you would consider selling or if anyone knows where to pick up a replacement 4410fet/ thats all it needs iv looked around and cant seem to find the same one and dont know enough about all of it to cross/ref another one that would work cuz im sure theres another one that would work
Old 03-14-2007, 10:06 PM
richcreations

you can get the fets from mouser.com
as for the 4in1 try rcandme.com, I have bought parts from them before, and would recomend them to anyone... here is a link to the 4in1 you need...
http://www.rcandme.com/catalog/produ...1040034e64645e

ORIGINAL: msn_jrd

hey guy iv had great luck with the d4 but iv got one that needs a 4in1 and no one can seem to get one so i was hopeing one of you guys that went with seperates might have one thats still good that you would consider selling or if anyone knows where to pick up a replacement 4410fet/ thats all it needs iv looked around and cant seem to find the same one and dont know enough about all of it to cross/ref another one that would work cuz im sure theres another one that would work
Old 03-14-2007, 10:22 PM
[email protected]

has anyone used the blade cp paddles and flybar............ i broke my stock flybar, and have a spair flybar and set of paddles for the cp...........the flybar is a bit longer, but it might work.... wondering if anyone's tried it, or if it works well???????????????
Old 03-15-2007, 12:31 AM
xflames

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

has anyone used the blade cp paddles and flybar............ i broke my stock flybar, and have a spair flybar and set of paddles for the cp...........the flybar is a bit longer, but it might work.... wondering if anyone's tried it, or if it works well???????????????

if you broke your flybar stock, use the training kit and cut it same length as df4 flybar. try it. it's great.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:41 AM
xflames

hey guys is it the EK2-0906 Esky LCD Voltage Indicator Battery Checker good? I read somewhere before about the unit to check the motor if it's good or not. Someone knows?

thanks
Old 03-15-2007, 02:40 AM
Rollin Thunder

The cp bar and paddles will work. The cp has 4 weights. with the longer cp flybar, I wouldn't use any on the #4. You will break more expensive parts besides the flybar because steel will transfer more energy before and while it bends. The carbon fly bar absorbs most of the strike energy when it breaks. You will be better off to buy 2mm carbon fiber rod stock. I think I got it in 40" lengths. I cut them 6.50" and got 6 fly bars out of it. It's a lot cheaper than buying pre-cut fly bars. After shipping, its like getting twelve fly bars for the price of one.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:52 AM
richcreations

I live in the bay area and have some extra 2mm cf rod if you need...

Also if you can actually fly your DF4 I could use a flight lesson, All I can do is crash mine seconds after takeoff...

Old 03-15-2007, 08:55 AM
GTX SlotCar

I've never tried my BCP or CP2 flybar in my FP helis, but I think the rod is only 1.5mm. The FP flybars are 2mm. I could be mistaken. If it is different, it wouldn't line up perfectly, but I don't know if it would be off enough to hurt anything.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've changed the flybar rod on a DragonFly to .060" music wire. Fits OK.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:03 PM
MAKODS

msn_jrd
I just got a 4in1 from ushobbysupply.com for a good price.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Mdhat

Hey Gary, GTXSlotcar,
Can training gear be hooked up to the super skids?
Old 03-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Mdhat

Gary,
Doesnt matter I sent you an order anyway, could always figure something out, plastic ties or something.
Thanks, be waiting for my super-skids, excited like a little kid!
Old 03-15-2007, 01:26 PM
GTX SlotCar

Most guys just use nylon wire ties to hold the training gear on. If you're running the stock NiMH with training gear and SuperSkids, it is a little heavy.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:03 PM
E_Heli

I'll be flying at Baylands park (public park, no membership is needed) this Saturday morning, if you can make it there, I can share my experience with you. I have serveral #4, 22e, 36, 39 and all are flyable. We have a pretty good size flying group there, some are helo guru.

Links for Baylands park: http://www.bayrc.com/flyingsites.htm

ORIGINAL: richcreations

Also if you can actually fly your DF4 I could use a flight lesson, All I can do is crash mine seconds after takeoff...
Old 03-15-2007, 03:06 PM
E_Heli

richcreations

There's several hobby stores close by the park, besides you can pick up spare parts and the store staffs are very helpful in heli .
Old 03-15-2007, 05:23 PM
[email protected]

yea..... ive been trying to meet people in the bay area with rc's, but most people who have them live in the midwest................... and i have 2mm rod also; i was jsut wondering if the cp stuff would work
Old 03-15-2007, 05:39 PM
richcreations

Cool, I would use the 2mm cf, the 1.5mm balde cp flybar would probally be hard to get lined up straight... but I don't really know... and I have yet to break my flybar (broke most every thing else though)... I am in berkeley most fridays, and S.F. is just a quick Bart ride from there, perhaps some time we could meet and share knowlage, and if you are able to fly yours well, I would pay or trade work for some lessons... I have flown full size and R/C planes, raced flat-track motorcycles, and used to have a RC10 buggy (the original aluminum pan one)... I am a freelance mechanic (motorcycles and pre-smog cars), web designer, and I design electronic industrial automation systems for my day job (perhaps one of those skills would be something you could use in trade)...

yea..... ive been trying to meet people in the bay area with rc's, but most people who have them live in the midwest................... and i have 2mm rod also; i was jsut wondering if the cp stuff would work
Old 03-15-2007, 05:42 PM
richcreations

Sunnyvale is a bit far for me to go, at least this weekend, I have some family in that area though and go that way every few months, perhaps some other week?
ORIGINAL: E_Heli

I'll be flying at Baylands park (public park, no membership is needed) this Saturday morning, if you can make it there, I can share my experience with you. I have serveral #4, 22e, 36, 39 and all are flyable. We have a pretty good size flying group there, some are helo guru.

Links for Baylands park: http://www.bayrc.com/flyingsites.htm

Old 03-15-2007, 06:52 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hobby People is selling the Global Sabre at an attractive price this weekend.. $99.95
Picked up a couple.. inside the box it's a Walkera Dragonfly 4.
It responds to the Walkera transmitter I use with my Walkera Dragonflys.
All the parts look the same.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:12 PM
E_Heli

You should check out the H.P. annual warehouse sale, the return merchandise Sabre air frame goes for $15 and $25 with the servos and 4in1, Tx sells for $10.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.