Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 268 of 380 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,700 of 9493

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Walkera #4 Fixed Pitch Helicopter Forum

It works fine for side to side. Its not hooked to the tail for left ,right But what about the problem with my tail motor problem not having any problems with the way my gyro is mounted
    uP up AND aWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Did you have the problem before installing the ducted fan?
    Gary
    SuperSkidsยฎ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Gary,
    Mdhat here, got my Super-Skids and Grips today , Thanks for the quick shipping. They look great, cant wait to install them. AWESOME PRODUCT!!!!!! Everyone should check them out. I'll pass on the word.

Thanks Again,
    Tom
    !!FLY to survive and survive to FLY!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Rollin:
    I discovered a problem with the DD Tail Rotor we've been using and wondered if it has affected you.
    I noticed tail wagging begin a few days ago and upon close examination of the motor, adapter and rotor blade, I could clearly see that the adapter (which is really tiny) was bent. Has this happened to you? Does there exist a more substantial adapter we could use for this system? Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes I did thats the reason for changing the tail motor.I thought it was the stock motor making it do it. But it did not change after installing the ductfan,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw66836.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	645345  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, if it was mine, the next thing I'd do is replace the main motor with a stock one or an E-flite/Esky 10T motor. At this point the 4in1 is usually the first thing blamed, but the last thing to actually cause a problem. I'd try a new main motor. If I just replaced the main motor, I'd still try a new one.
    Gary
    SuperSkidsยฎ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Did replace the main motor that not the problem. But thank for your help.Sorry about the poor pic only camera I had at the time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pn37005.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	645380  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

In order to solve the problem, we have to take it in logical steps. The first would be to fix the gyros. The 4in1 must be standing up as it does in a stock DF4. The added gyro must also be upright. I'm not really sure how you tied the outboard gyro into your 4in1 and it would be easier to solve the problem without it, but I'll assume you found a way to wire onto the 4in1 board between the 2 ESC circuits.

If the problem was happening before you added the new tail, gyro and turned the 4in1 on its side, then it could be a glitch cause by a bad connection in the motor's JST connector. Whenever I've had a glitch, it's been caused by a bad electrical connection. Sometimes rerouting the antenna can help (but not stop it altogether), but fixing the right connection will stop it.
    Gary
    SuperSkidsยฎ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for that I will try all you said.I thought about the 4in1 but did'nt try it yet. Thanks again for the help

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mcflyman

I use the same gy006 gyro in the #4 and works great with the stock tail motor, you have to position the gyro upright (when you can read the blue label), not side way. If you use the stock #4 radio, set the AVCS on and gain/sensitivity at ~55%, you're good to go. If you use other Tx, make sure the Revo mixing is off in the AVCS mode.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

helirook

After many crashes with the DD I have not had that happen. What you are looking at is crash damage. It's not a problem with the adaptor it's just damaged. Really we don't have any room to complain compared to most others here. So far it has been as reliable as my belt drive heli. Answer me this. Before now, when was the last time you even thought about your tail? I don't know of any adaptor that is stronger steel. I would just replace it. Hell it's even cheaper than a stock motor
    ORIGINAL: helirook

Hey Rollin:
    I discovered a problem with the DD Tail Rotor we've been using and wondered if it has affected you.
    I noticed tail wagging begin a few days ago and upon close examination of the motor, adapter and rotor blade, I could clearly see that the adapter (which is really tiny) was bent. Has this happened to you? Does there exist a more substantial adapter we could use for this system? Thanks.
    Take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly, and try another. But by all means, try something.
    F.D.R.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: E_Heli

Mcflyman

I use the same gy006 gyro in the #4 and works great with the stock tail motor, you have to position the gyro upright (when you can read the blue label), not side way. If you use the stock #4 radio, set the AVCS on and gain/sensitivity at ~55%, you're good to go. If you use other Tx, make sure the Revo mixing is off in the AVCS mode.
    If youy are using the stock RX where are you plugging the gy006 in?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ironsmith

No, I went separates when the 4in1 quits after 55 flights. Do a search, I did a BL setup here also.

With the gy006, all you need is a regular 4 channel radio, that's beauty of the HH gyro, you don't have fool around with the Revo or throttle/rudder mixing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gidday all,

I am still considering what my options are for the tail motor setup with the DF4#1. I am reading godd things about the GWS direct drive setup. However, with all the information in this thread, I am having trouble knowing exactly what parts I will need.

Has anyone got a list of GWS part numbers?

I belive I need:

Direct drive motor
    Mounting fin
    Blade adapter

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, learning to fly the dragonfly progresses, I can keep it in the air for most of a battery, but not really hovering as it takes me about a 15 foot square, which I can barely keep the heli in...

My original reason for getting my walkera came from an interest in micro-controller development and robotics, I had wished to make a small heli "fly itself" the DF4 seemed perfect as it is a fixed pitch heli (less for the computer to do)...

To this end, I am developing a small board (same size as a small receiver) with some sensors (of different types) that will plug in between the receiver (until the receiver is not needed at all) and the servos, motor Esc(s), etc... with my board actually controlling everything, and the receiver just giving it directional inputs, to do this I must go separates, my board will be able to receive and send servo type signals,

I think I need to get: (tell me what parts you recommend, and tell me if I forgot something I need)
    Gyro (heading lock preferred)
    main Esc
    tail Esc
    servos (better then stock)
    mixer?
    bec?
    receiver (4-6ch)
    tx

P.S.
    I am not expecting any of this to allow me to fly the thing better, just so I can connect a computer to fly it for me...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: richcreations

I am not expecting any of this to allow me to fly the thing better, just so I can connect a computer to fly it for me...
    richcreations,

I think that would be very cool to see indeed.

But first, before you could do that you would have to really understand how to control your helicopter. The DF4 is a great helicopter to learn on because it is so difficult to fly that when you move to stable helicopter you are like an expert!

Second a couple of people I have seen go seperates with the DF4 are locked into problem after problem mode. Either with the gyro or getting an esc to arm right. Seriously I would suggest looking at a different platform, such as one that is already 98% what you need. If you want to push forward with this all-in-one dual engine platform, I might suggest you look at this persons helicopter and shoot him a PM. By the way that's a Heli-Fever.com frame.
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1774

Very interesting project! Please keep us posted.

HS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Rollin Thunder

helirook

After many crashes with the DD I have not had that happen. What you are looking at is crash damage. It's not a problem with the adaptor it's just damaged. Really we don't have any room to complain compared to most others here. So far it has been as reliable as my belt drive heli. Answer me this. Before now, when was the last time you even thought about your tail? I don't know of any adaptor that is stronger steel. I would just replace it. Hell it's even cheaper than a stock motor
    ORIGINAL: helirook

Hey Rollin:
    I agree Rollin. It's a great set-up and yes, I did slam the tail which probably resulted in the bend. With this in mind. I'll just reorder a few extras plus the replacement. By the way, the motors sure seem to last quite a while!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

richcreations

Great idea! Here's a link for the FMA co-pilot for your reference:

http://www.fmadirect.com/products.htm?cat=29&nid=7

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I read an article awhile back, someone writing a program to port to Linus system and successfully controlling RC helicopter using the infra-red interface. Google it.

ORIGINAL: richcreations
    just so I can connect a computer to fly it for me...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Stevo
    GWS Dragonfly FP helicopter Direct Drive Tail System.

Tower Hobbies shopping list (you don't really NEED the fin)
    Stock #
    LXHHE2
    LXHHN4
    LXHHF7
    LXHXK4
    ORIGINAL: stevo1957

Gidday all,

I am still considering what my options are for the tail motor setup with the DF4#1. I am reading godd things about the GWS direct drive setup. However, with all the information in this thread, I am having trouble knowing exactly what parts I will need.

Has anyone got a list of GWS part numbers?

I belive I need:

Direct drive motor
    Mounting fin
    Blade adapter

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
    Take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly, and try another. But by all means, try something.
    F.D.R.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Mcflyman

Can anyone help me my tail motor keeps surging for some reason. If I unhook the main motor and run it the tail motor runs great, but when the main motor running with the tail motor will run hi lo, sometimes spinning the heil into 360 turns. I just install the ductfan tail and upgraded the main motor. Even took a old WK-G006 gyro i had off my #36 I dont us anymore works great with the new servos. With the new superskids it looks great . Now the problem the tail motor, need help
    Looking at how you have the gyro mounted that looks to be the cause. That gyro needs to be mounted upright, NOT on its side. It will never work proparly with the way you mounted it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What heat sinks fit the main and tail motors on a DF4? Where can I get them?
    !!FLY to survive and survive to FLY!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the same ones as the Blade cp/cx ones by e-flite

your LHS should have them
    If I were a stone, I would rock

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is what i bought I'm happy with it so far, everything came in one peace and works great. Once I balanced the blades and took off the training gear it actually hovers like a dream. This is my first RC anything and i can hover tail in and nose in after the first day. Not to bad. My only problem is the battery didn't come with instructions and i don't know how long it takes to charge it. I assume the red light turns green when it is charged but I'm too afraid of over charging it. If anyone could help me out the link is at the bottom for the kit i bought.

http://www.rc-expert.com/product-package.php?pid=149
    John 3:16
    For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok damn it i'm getting one. I've been reading about you guys having a blast with your Heli's now i want one. My question is where can i get one over nighted? I live in Jersey and i want it ASAP. A couple sites i went to dont offer next day air. Only 3-4day. So where do i go? thank Joe