Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

Walkera #4 Fixed Pitch Helicopter Forum

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera #4 Fixed Pitch Helicopter Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 03:02 AM
Fugitive_Bill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera #4 Fixed Pitch Helicopter Forum

Do you have any markets nearby? You could try there,

I always Heli's or spares from these markets
http://parkleamarkets.com.au/ only about 10 miles aways from home,
very handy if I dont want to wait the 4-10 days delievery.

B!
Old 04-25-2009, 07:16 AM
dchin62973

IMO, I usually find that it is just as easy to shop online than spending the time to find and goto a nearby hobby shop which may or may not carry the items you need for your specific heli.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:34 AM
Fugitive_Bill

I certainly agree! - It's just that he said he wanted the Helicopter for THIS weekend.

I prefer ordering my stuff online too (mainly from HobbyKing) or e-bay sometimes, I often just buy something 'random'
Love it when the postman or courier shows up with a 'present' ~five days later.

Things are sometimes SO cheap, I often wonder how than can make the device that cheap, I aften buy gadgets for the models or computer or TV at around $20 with p/p just for the hell of it. I think I'm addicted!

Bill!

(Cool the F1GP Bahrain qualifying is about to start on TV, Webber better Win the race this time, or at least beat his team mate, for once)
Old 04-28-2009, 12:32 AM
Rompn

Thanks for the replies guys. I actually ran out of time before needing to leave so I didn't end up picking one up. Looks like I'll just go the online route.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:46 AM
microair

ORIGINAL: Rompn

Thanks for the replies guys. I actually ran out of time before needing to leave so I didn't end up picking one up. Looks like I'll just go the online route.
I know you're interested in a HBFP, but [link=http://www.clubheli.com]Clubheli.com[/link] in Allentown, Pa just recieved thier shipment of 4G1Bs last Friday. They're supposed to update the website very soon. The current price is $145.99 shipped...yea, its a bit more than the Chinese vendors, but Rick(the owner) offers the best customer service/support that I've ever experienced.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:47 AM
drewmaloy
My Feedback: (7)

wow guys. a lot of info in this thread! i just purchased a used df#4. should be here by the end of the week. the only thing i know that i'll be needing to get if off the ground is the ballcup that goes on the end of the servo arm. there are some nice looking #4 on here that don't look like there using the stock canopy. what canopies fit the #4? thanks peace
Old 05-13-2009, 08:09 AM
GTX SlotCar

I have no idea what the ballcup is or why it's needed, but I can help with the canopies.
Canopies for the Exceed Falcon 40, EF Sabre and Night Ranger 2 will fit as these helis are DF4 clones.
Canopies for the E-flite Blade CP will fit.
And my favorites, canopies for the Esky HoneyBee FP and CP2 and King 2 will fit. These 3 are the same shape, but the King 2 canopies are a tad thicker and have real cooling screens.
On E-flite and maybe on Esky canopies, you may have to move a mounting holes a bit (I can't remember), but it's easy and only takes 5 minutes.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:59 AM
drewmaloy

GTX SlotCar thanks. servo connecting rods is what there called. my #4 is missing the piece that's on the end of the rod that polls on the swashplate. i believe im saying that correctly. i'm fairly green with helis.

http://www.toy-easy.com/walkera-drag...-rod-p-22.html
Old 05-13-2009, 12:24 PM
GTX SlotCar

Oh ya. OK.
You might want to try here:
https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...6070ab99b511fb

Old 05-14-2009, 11:49 AM
maxmax77

ORIGINAL: GTX SlotCar

Oh ya. OK.
You might want to try here:
https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...6070ab99b511fb

I definitely agree with GTX-slotcar on this one. USHobbySupply is one of the best places to get hobby stuff (for the prices, and for the awesome service) I'm sore that others can back me on this one.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:15 PM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

It's good to see this forum still has some activity!

Back in Feb I mentioned the DD tail kit from HorizonHobby was coming out. They changed the release date about a dozen times. This time it held true. I picked one up at the LHS this morning while I was there looking for CF to replace the flybar (didn't find the right size).

Anybody try the EFLH1320 yet on a FP? It will be a while until I try it as I've got a couple of other things to fix on the 4-1 first (flybar, tail boom, ran out of head bearing holders again, etc.)

Has anybody ever seen a FP bigger than the 300 class? I flew the 4-1 outside the other night & what a difference than struggling in the front room. Plenty of space to try things & then make corrective moves. Except it's so light the slightest breeze & it's in the ground (or the neighbors basketball post hence all the damage!). So I figure a bigger FP would be just the thing for outside (like the new giant Lamas).

I haven't tried USHobbySupply yet & I have heard good things about them. I have used NitroPlanes & they have the parts & have been good to me. I'm thinking it's time to try the 4G1A parts on the old bird & see how that goes. I've got part of the 4G1B head pieces (long story about a free Guru-Z) but not the swash. The pieces were pretty banged up so I decided to leave them for now. Besides, they're much more expensive to replace as I'm still crashing almost as much as flying.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:06 AM
dchin62973

ORIGINAL: clp.eng

It's good to see this forum still has some activity!

Back in Feb I mentioned the DD tail kit from HorizonHobby was coming out. They changed the release date about a dozen times. This time it held true. I picked one up at the LHS this morning while I was there looking for CF to replace the flybar (didn't find the right size).

Anybody try the EFLH1320 yet on a FP? It will be a while until I try itas I've got a couple of other things to fix on the 4-1 first (flybar, tail boom, ran out of head bearing holders again, etc.)

Has anybody ever seen a FP bigger than the 300 class? I flew the 4-1 outside the other night & what a difference than struggling in the front room. Plenty of space to try things & then make corrective moves. Except it's so light the slightest breeze & it's in the ground (or the neighbors basketball post hence all the damage!). So I figure a bigger FP would be just the thing for outside (like the new giant Lamas).

I haven't triedUSHobbySupply yet & I have heard good things about them.I have usedNitroPlanes & they havethe parts &have been good to me. I'm thinking it's time to try the 4G1A parts on the old bird & see how that goes. I've got part of the 4G1B head pieces (long story about a free Guru-Z) but not the swash. The pieces were pretty banged up so I decided to leave them for now. Besides, they're much more expensive to replace as I'm still crashing almost as much as flying.

Sounds like you need more power for lift on your Exceed Falcon 40/Walkera #4. I did a mod awhile ago that incorporates an 11.1 volt LIPO used in conjunction with a fuse mod. The heli mod is very simple to do. I have also made a brushless main motor mode for the Exceed falcon 40/ Walkera #4. You can PMif ou are interested. Below is a video of the brushless heli using the Super Skids 300 Landing Gear System, Super Skids Titanium Tail boom, Fuse mods, 11.1v LIPOmod, and the brushless main motor mod. All mods are independant of each other so you can add as you grow.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOUht4au3Js[/youtube]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50334.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1202903  
Old 05-22-2009, 11:59 AM
drewmaloy

dchin62973 nice work! defenitly going to try those mods!! ok fellas. im trying to use my walkera radio that came with my drangonfly 4 on the heli-x sim 9 for windows. i have the cable that came with the heli plugged into the rear of my notebook. i went to configure controler, and it doesn't seem to find it. is there any steps im missing? thanks peace
Old 05-25-2009, 05:08 PM
clp.eng

dchin - thanks for the link. I'll look at those mods. I'm already using the 11.1 V LiPo (SuperSkids batteries!) & 2.4GHz radio (E-Sky 3n1 & Spektrum AR6100).

Nice flying in the video - great save near the end.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:17 AM
brettw

Hey all,

If your interested I have just done a mini review of the upcoming Walkera #4 2.4G heli.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8821703/tm.htm

Its pretty much the 4#1 heli with a 2S 2.4G 4in1, 4G1B metal head, new skids, new under frame and battery box and some cosmetic changes such as new canopy, cf looking paddles/tail blades and new design on the main blades.

Cheers
Brett
Old 06-03-2009, 01:01 PM
clp.eng

Hey Brett, thanks for the update.

I wonder whyWalkera would do that!?It seems that they would be pushing the 4G1A/B instead of reworking the 4-1! Are the blades the same shape & length as the originals (4-1)? Did they give you any pricing yet? I think I paid 89 bucks for the 4-1 1.5 years ago (seems like a life time ago!).

I just got my new flybars (from SuperSkids no less!) & haven't had a chance to try the direct drive tailmotor yet.

Horizon Hobby was good to me again. Sent in my 2 broken AR6100 Rxs (1 dead the other with a broken ant wire). They sent me 2 brand new ones! Great service - but it did take almost 4 weeks to get them, sigh.....

Have a good one.

Chuck
Old 06-03-2009, 05:59 PM
brettw

ORIGINAL: clp.eng

Hey Brett, thanks for the update.

I wonder whyWalkera would do that!?It seems that they would be pushing the 4G1A/B instead of reworking the 4-1! Are the blades the same shape & length as the originals (4-1)? Did they give you any pricing yet? I think I paid 89 bucks for the 4-1 1.5 years ago (seems like a life time ago!).

Have a good one.

Chuck
Hi Chuck,

The 4G1A/B is great heli however is underpowered with the 1S. Personally I prefer the old 4#1 over the 4G1B. Either way it will also give everyone a chance to upgrade their FM #4 or 4#1 and the many other clones.

Im hoping for some clear weather this weekend however its not looking promising at the moment.

In regards to the blades they are the same blades as the 4G1A/B which are slightly shorter than the 4#1 blades.

Pricing is not finalised yet, however I would guess that it may be a little more than you paid for the old 4#1. However dont quote me on that.

Thanks
Brett
Old 06-06-2009, 04:49 PM
clp.eng

Yea Brett, you got me curious so I went to the Walkera website. The new one parts list is all plastic with the last section being the aluminum upgrades. All the parts look just like the 4G1A/B! Who knows what thet are doing. I was wondering about the 1S battery on that machine. I thought the original NiHm battery was a little "soft". I ended up going 3S - lotsa' power with a good motor.

I'm still saving up to replace the old 4-1 head pieces with all new 4G1A parts. The 4-1 parts I've been getting weren't very good quality (swash won't fit on the shaft 6 of these, the blade holder is longer making the links bind, etc.).

Thanks for the info on the blades. I wonder why they shortened them?More head speed with the small battery...?

Take care.

Chuck
Old 06-07-2009, 01:07 PM
drewmaloy

ushobbysupply.com all i can say is wow! i've been ordering goods online since 98 and this was the fastest shipping i had ever had! definitely gonna deal with them in the future. ok so has no one had the problem of heli-x sim not recanising there #4 radio? thanks peace
Old 06-07-2009, 05:26 PM
alextronique

Hy to all!

Im new here,

First sorry for this bad english...(im French Canadian)... I have buy a falcon 40 heli ans i have broke 2 rotor head assembly , i need to upgrade for metal option. What rotor assembly can buy for remplace this plastic sh,,,t ...

thx to all for thix information

alexandre
Old 06-07-2009, 11:05 PM
WER
My Feedback: (1)

Hello DF4 guys,

I had two DF4s and really enjoyed flying them. I have move on to other helicopters and am selling off the parts I still have.

Below are two ebay postings. Each has a number of parts including a CNC rotor head.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140325687064

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140325694748

Seller: WERhoat

Glad this thread is still going, it was a big help in getting started with electric helicopters.

Thanks

Will R

Old 06-08-2009, 05:14 AM
alextronique

ORIGINAL: WER

Hello DF4 guys,

I had two DF4s and really enjoyed flying them. I have move on to other helicopters and am selling off the parts I still have.
I have sent you a pm on ebay... For all other member of this beautiful community i maintain my first question, can i put other rotor part except the 4G1B kit?

thx to you

alexandre

Old 06-08-2009, 06:32 PM
clp.eng

"can i put other rotor part except the 4G1B kit?"

Try this link: http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtr...id=8&Itemid=31

These parts are for the Honey Bee FP which is similar to Falcon 40. I actually own some of these parts & had no idea what they were for! They came with a used Guru-Z I got which also had the 4g1b parts on it. They Walkera parts were all in pretty bad shape - not sure if it's a quality issue or the previous owner's abuse! I kind of like the plastic parts as I crash more than I fly & the plastic parts are real inexpensive, the aluminum ones are not & they do break & bend!

I've just ordered a set of 4g1a parts from East Coast hobby as it's getting hard to get GOOD parts for my Walkera 4-1 (different head than the #4 & Falcon 40).

Good luck & let us know how it goes.

Chuck
Old 06-10-2009, 06:04 AM
dchin62973

The East Coast hobby metal rotor assembly will fit the Exceed Falcon 40/ Walkera #4. I didn;t like the design of the blade grips that can easily get bent and hence the blade tracking can be difficult to fix. I used the X-treme productions composite blade grip with the metal control frame which is made for the E-SKY HBFP. I found an easy wa to make these parts fir perfectly on the Exceed Falcon 40/ Walkera #4 Goto: http://www.rtf-heli.com/DF4ANDESKYFPinstallation.htmlto learn how to do this procedure.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26124.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	1215666   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65033.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	1215667   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns43514.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1215668   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cv61654.jpg
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1215669   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vg55581.jpg
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1215670  
Old 06-22-2009, 02:05 AM
horsfordtone

Hi Guys,
I have one of these #4 and it is a dog!!!
I have sent the following to my supplier:
"Have tried to maiden flight the 4# out of box and found it to be quite uncontrollable!!!
In the hands of my test flier and me observing during 10 minutes of indoor flight.
1) the main blades were very sloppy and not tracking true, up to 8 mm difference between blades.
2) The tail skid rod is too long, pushing the rear of the skids clear of ground by 3 mm.
3) There is a 2mm axial play (vertical movement) on the main shaft.
4) No control on the aileron ( left and right) flight dispite good movement on the swash plate. With full right trim, and plenty of right stick, the heli insist on flying left side down and skidding hard left.
This is worst than the 4#3B that I own."

-
Advise please. in particular line 4.

MAZAKARI; where are you in Norwich, UK??
I'm in Horsford, Norwich, maybe we can meet up?

Regards,
Toné

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.