Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dragonfly #35 tunning tips

Hi, I have a problem with fine tunning when I click a trim one way it seems to much and the same the other. it does fly and you could probly keep it up if you were a could flyer but Iv'e heard you should be able to hover it off the ground without it moving around. I caqn't get it to this stage. Any help would be great thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Dragonfly #35 tunning tips

Drifting around a bit in a hover is normal...even indoors with no cat farts or butterfly sneezes. Sounds like you have it trimmed quite close.....even big gassers drift around some......

your going to have to fly it....staying stock still is one of the difficult moves...not something that just "happens" if your heli is set up perfect.

If you can keep it inside a one meter circle your doing well....but your going to have to fly it to stay inside even a 10 meter circle.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not trying to be a smart ass here....

I had the same problem starting out. I'd add power, the heli would lift and start to drift....I would land and adjust trim...try again and the heli would drift in another direction.

...It was the moment of truth and one I will forever remember.....

...listen my friend....add power to get into the hover....it will drift about but dont drop back to the ground...try and use cyclic to correct for the drifts...little stick moves....stay 6" from the ground at first. Keep trying...a couple tries and....my god...I'm actually flying/hovering my new heli. It was a zen moment and one I believe a few others in this forum can remember. I must have gigled like a little girl for 20 minutes and was still pumped and smiling about it an hour later.

I may be wrong about where you are and are experiencing....just guessing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

excellant I was hoping it was like that. I couldn't see how it could just sit there and hover. Thanks very much for your help I will keep practicing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the problem is the analog TX when you move the trim tabs it changes the pitch too much. if you get it close try moving the battery slightly this should help. balencing the helo was a big problem for me i needed to move the battery forward by 2 inches past the stock battery tray using a piece of 1/16 inch aluminum