Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera Dragonfly #36

Old 04-18-2010, 07:20 PM
dedbob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera Dragonfly #36

Thanks for the replies so far..

Blades are tracking nearly perfectly.

ORIGINAL: helifan06
your links might not have the same length. Also, your radio might not be trimmed to 0/100 pt when setting it up the first time.
What "links" are you referring to? The flybar is centered properly. How could I check/fix an issue with the radio?

Thanks again.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:09 PM
helifan06

do you have stock radio? I have futaba 6ex, it is much easier. Stock radio I had had glitches, and I crashed several times. It always drifted to one side, and I had to compensate with the stick while flying. Also, the gyro had problems too. I invested with good electronics and radio. I don't have any problems, and I have more stick time on the air.

Check in finless bob tech room in helifreak.com. He has some very useful videos about how to setup the radio, gyro, heli head, and tail.

Just be careful as rc heli are not toys as many getting into this hobby thinks.

good luck.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:04 AM
ridesmith

I had a walkera 36 heli. It was the first heli i ever bought. I spent hours and hours setting adjusting, reading and asking questions on this thread and generally chasing ghosts with it. The whole time i tried with it i never got it to hover in control once. All this heli did was cost money and bum steer my learning curve for about a year and half. I actually thought it was me not having the capability to master this hobby. Having said that i did learn a lot about the basics. I went and bought a trex 500 for less than what i had spent in total on the walkera, built it, set it up and quickly realised after the first flight it wasn't me at all it was the walkera. So dedbob what im saying here is if you want to fly rc helicopters i would throw the walkera in the bin and start with something decent. I am only writing this because i wish someone else had back when i started so i didnt waste my time.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Fugitive_Bill

Ridesmith,

Well put, your 100 percent correct. You've said it all, so there is nothing I really add, except to say not to throw the #36. I come back to it every now and then and find a hand full compared the 500 and 600.

My next step is to move forward with FPV (on planes first), I've already got a cheap TX/RX/Cam from ebay I bought a few years ago. So far all done is played around with it the CX2 and 4x4 out in yard. Can only get about 50 metres range though.

I'm looking forward to 'Billpa'Eagle Tree releasing the all in Eagle Live kit. Hope Hobby King stock it, but I can't see it being in mass production for at least 6 months.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1205574
At the moment going FPV cost a small fortune and is totally (trial and error) confusing to get set up properly.

-B!

(I was going to put in a couple of pics, but it's been so long since I've used this forum (RCU), I don't know/forgotten how to!)
Old 06-25-2010, 11:17 PM
WER
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry to disagree, but the 36 is not a bad beginners helicopter, if you are new at the hobby the 90 degree pitch set up is much simpler to understand while learning about all the nuances or RC helicopters. I have two 36s that are extreamly stable and reliable. More stable than my EF Cypher and EXI 450. If you are starting from scratch I would recommend going withe the HK450, but if you put any decent equipment in the 36 it will fly very well, though some simple mods will help. First get some 2-56 threaded rod and 2-56 nuts. Remove the little frame screws from the main bearing blocks and the tail boom securing section. Drill out the holes to accept the 2-56 rod and insert a piece of rod long enough to secure the nuts on each side of the frame. The nut by the aileron linkage to the swash will have to br slightly ground down with a dremel to fit. This will make a much more durabel frame and eliminate some long term vibration damage when WAlkeras little metal screws are left to sucure the frame. The plastic balls on the plastic swash will wear eventually. Replace it with a cnc swash from Heli-fever for $20.00. I from a grass area where the grass is fairly long sometimes. To deal with the terrain I installed a pair of EXI 500 skids, the extra wieght has little if any effect on the flight performance. I use an $15.00 outrunner from xheli, HXT 900 servos (2.99 from hobby king) and the HK 401 gyro also from Hobby King for $12.00. The 36 is not a TRex, but it does fly well and will do mild 3D and fly inverted when set up properly.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:26 PM
helifan06

Just to drop few words wondering how everybody is doing these days? With economy slowing down, there's not much activity here. Anyone still in this hobby? I departed from my first heli W36 and now I have a old school trex. I started doing mild 3D few months ago, now I'm practicing the paraflip, and backward flight.

hope everybody is doing well,

cheers

Helifan
Old 07-14-2010, 08:51 PM
cloudrider

Well said that man.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:12 AM
babyhuey

I have been flying nitros and a Protos 500 so the 36 has been hanging on the wall. The last time I tried to fly it something broke on spool up. That reminded me of why I got a Trex clone in the first place.
The 36 did me well during the learning process but as soon as I got to where I wanted to fly more often than I wanted to work on my heli I parked the 36.
I will probably dig it out this winter and see if I can turn it into an indoor heli for bad weather days.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:22 AM
helifan06

Cool man! I'm turning away from the trex450, the reason is that the field I go to is very windy, and it is hard to see the heli, specially with the sun. I got the trex600, which is more impresive to see it flying, but I haven't have chance to get the batteries, so it is sitting at home.

I still have a little of wooble when transicioning into inverted nose in with back flip. it could be because i'm unexperience pilot, or the motor is not strong enough.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:46 PM
babyhuey

I've been trying to get out to a bigger field all year so that I can try some more advanced airo but we've been too busy to get together at the field. I've been tooling around my back yard amongst the trees and buildings just trying not to hit anything!
It's a real challendge with the bigger stuff. The 50 and the Protos are so fast![X(]
Old 07-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Fugitive_Bill

Part 1

Hey guys, Just to let you guys know I'm still floating around here.

I'm still playing with my toys being a bunch of Silverlit toy Helis(10), Chinook (2, a litte one and a little bigger one), Blade CX2, Lama Iv, Wallkera#4, #22, #36, Align 450, Hobby King 500GT, Align 600 ESP.

I also have a bunch of planes, my favourites being PITTS, GWS A4 Skyhawk and 3m Cirrus and a lot of scratch builds (depron/balsa) that I never seem to finish because I always seem to have 5 projects going at once.

I had my #36 go nuts on me in the shed while bringing it out of retirement and setting it up, using some spares that 'ORGAN DONOR' sent me about one year ago. I bumped the the throttle hold (DX6i) while checking throws, rates/expo and blade pitch. I made the mortal mistake of not taking the power wires off the motor or backing the pinion off the main gear. It went to full power andstraight up into the roof of the shed and smashed up my PITTS and F14 than smashed down beside the car. I'm lucky the thing did kill me and the cat.

Part 2 (2nd test, another disaster) and
Part 3 (Time out, my cat is ill)
to come...

-Bill!
Old 07-16-2010, 02:05 PM
babyhuey

Be careful! Helis are a fun way to live but a stupid way to die!
Old 07-16-2010, 03:57 PM
helifan06

Agree, if the heli is sitting there for a while, and you going to un-dust it, be extra careful. There's a ocassion where, I landed the heli, and while I was going to remove the battery I miss place the Tx and it dropped turn on the iddle switch, so glad I was away, otherwise, I will be typing this post with my toes...

Old 08-19-2010, 09:23 PM
helifan06

hey fellow flyers,

check this video, at the end, it is hillarious ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcDKZ...eature=related
Old 12-14-2010, 03:38 AM
ridesmith

Im flying trex 500e basic 3d, Just about to update to trex 700n
Old 02-14-2011, 12:27 PM
helifan06

for those who want a good gyro, I will recomend the GY520. it has consistent piros compared to align 780, and the GY401. I'm throwing away my HS65HB, they strip with piroflips, I'm going fully metal gears...