Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera Dragonfly #36

Old 08-02-2006, 01:58 AM
Recty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera Dragonfly #36

Well hmmm, I see one, but its $70, which is $10 more than the charger cost.

So let me rephrase my last question... any idea where I can get a cheaply priced power supply adequate for my needs?
Old 08-02-2006, 01:59 AM
FlyBob4

Jack
I just installed a set of 30-50 size heli floats on my chopper as the ultimate crazy training gear. You need brushless power for this and it looks a little goofy, as does all training gear. At least it serves 2 functions. Now I can safely land in my neighbors pool when they aren't home!! Seriously, the heli is much easier to control with the added weight and lower center of gravity. Less than $20.00 from tower hobbies. See my gallery for a picture
Old 08-02-2006, 02:35 AM
Orion1024

ORIGINAL: Recty

Well hmmm, I see one, but its $70, which is $10 more than the charger cost.
So let me rephrase my last question... any idea where I can get a cheaply priced power supply adequate for my needs?
Your best bet is the PC power supply mod. For around $20 total, you'll get a 20 amp power supply that can run multiple chargers simultaneously. The cheapest commercial power supply I know of is the 20 amp Ripmax from Hobby People for $60...I've had that one for over a year now with no problems. Save your money and just get the cheapest PC power supply you can find and do the mod...it's not hard to do.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/158301.asp

BTW...you're better off with a separate power supply anyway.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:34 AM
ScratchBuild

Hi flybob,

I just think it looks crazy. I would love to try a pair like that in our pool

Regards

Nic
Old 08-02-2006, 10:44 AM
ScratchBuild

Hi guys, Flybob

I think I am going to make myself a pair with polystyrene. If you glue a strip of plywood to a nicely formed polystyrene float and then use two aluminium strips to hold it together you will have a nice pair of floats. You can even paint it to add more flavour.

Yipee, I have a low cost mod to concentrate on for the next few days.

Regards

Nic
Old 08-02-2006, 04:09 PM
frezel

hello all i just recently purchased a new 2006 supposidly walera 36, and was just wondering about teh gyro settings and dip switch settings, i think my son was messing with them and i am not sure what the settings are or do, what is the purpose of the switches ant the 2 swithches on gyro ones set to AVCS and reverse. IS this correct, any help would be great. I wonder if this is casing the rear tail servo to glitch like crazy and pull itself to one side constanlt?

right now its like this

1 left
2 left
3 left
4 right
5 right
6 right
7 left
8 right
9 left
10 left

thanks
Old 08-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Rattlecat

I think I will try those. Do they make a nice rrraaabbtttrrrraaaabbbttt like the foamies ?
Speaking of that sound, look at Align's Taiwan site and try the middle video button of the TREX 600. That guy can tie a square not in not much more distance than the length of his tailboom. What gives ? People were screaming at him it was so cool ! I don't have the link, but it is something like http://www.align.com.tw

Stableblade
Old 08-03-2006, 12:36 AM
FlyBob4

No, They make real cool Rowwoowwwooowwwoowwoow, like areal chopper!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 03:31 AM
CitYbYdBaY

Will this trex tail control set work on a stock walkera 36 tail case?

http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...roducts_id=321

Edit: did a search option, and found out that the Align Trex tail parts will fit on the stock 36.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:13 AM
soneebee

hey guys there is a new 36 coming out and it has all the CNC parts on it with the 7CH RX and TX..

Old 08-04-2006, 08:17 AM
parsec

Im setting up my new Futaba 6exh controller, any advice for setting the pitch curves?
Old 08-04-2006, 10:03 AM
finlessfred

hello people of the heli world. I am new here on this forum but I see that this is a very good place to start the heli hobby. can anyone help me on what to get. I see different models to choose from and I saw that this is the thread with the most replies.
Is this 36 a good heli to buy if I want to start on the walkera brand?
Old 08-04-2006, 10:12 AM
gordthebiker

Parsec,

Go to rcgroups and check out the shogun sticky under mini helis, lots of good info there.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Yade

ORIGINAL: parsec

Im setting up my new Futaba 6exh controller, any advice for setting the pitch curves?
I have saved the settings I use on a web page linked to [link=http://users.eastlink.ca/~cquigley/rc.html]here[/link] . They seem to work ok for me but I am a beginner with this radio too so there are probably better configutrations. They should get you off to a good start. I have not tested the Idle-Up stuff yet though.
There is also a recording sheet there as well so you can record and save your settings.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:43 AM
johnchu_hk

hi everybody I am johnny form HongKong. i have #36 with my helis. nice too very good heli and easy to fly like good heli. i have #4,#35,#36,#37,#59,#60,#62 and some Esky too all are good but the 36 i like most. very easy to get parts and upgrade to metal, this heli here are cheap they see on streets only bargain for less than HK$1000 or $100 in your money. get parts here very cheap and bargain.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:07 PM
timothysplante

I have a 39 burnt out a servo first flight
put a jr in its place but now the tail belt gear is coming off
when I spin up its not stripped is there some thing missing on it do you guts think there is supposed to be a screw holding it in it is the plastic gear that connects the belt through a shaft then a metal gear then the main gear
Old 08-05-2006, 04:54 PM
nail-pounder

If you spell check your entry and punctuate your sentences, it would be easier to understand.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:13 PM
millewi

It's translated to English and that's why the grammar isn't correct.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:52 PM
csplinter

Just a quick note about the Dragonfly 36 cnc parts. Most of those parts are not cnc machined at all. They are die cast which is why they look so horrible and break so easily. The tolerances in cast parts are no where near as tight as real cnc machined parts, so you will still have slop problems.
Save your money and get a t-rex. The amount of money I poured into my Walkera before I sold it was crazy and it still flew sloppy. Since I got an entry level t-rex 5 months ago, the only parts I've bought are extra batteries and a better charger. I've crashed it 3 times and nothing has broken or bent.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:21 PM
johnchu_hk

that is nice! i like trex too, it is bigger and better than the walkera parts. It flys better. what trex do you have? what entry level? is that the all plastic parts? I got the SE very cheap only HK$2500 but i had to buy controller and gyro. that was not cheap store told me to get the futaba 14MZHP for this heli cost HK$20000 with the gyro. the TX was heavy and battery not good last only short time then have charge again. I fly this heli better than the 36 it is more stable with no problem. But i dont use it always it is expensive the controler so i just fly walkera always. better cheap parts for replace. if i crash whole heli i just buy whole heli again no parts cheap only HK$200 and put all the parts on new heli body.

what is sloppy? is that good?

ORIGINAL: csplinter

Just a quick note about the Dragonfly 36 cnc parts. Most of those parts are not cnc machined at all. They are die cast which is why they look so horrible and break so easily. The tolerances in cast parts are no where near as tight as real cnc machined parts, so you will still have slop problems.
Save your money and get a t-rex. The amount of money I poured into my Walkera before I sold it was crazy and it still flew sloppy. Since I got an entry level t-rex 5 months ago, the only parts I've bought are extra batteries and a better charger. I've crashed it 3 times and nothing has broken or bent.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:52 AM
brettw

ORIGINAL: timothysplante

I have a 39 burnt out a servo first flight
put a jr in its place but now the tail belt gear is coming off
when I spin up its not stripped is there some thing missing on it do you guts think there is supposed to be a screw holding it in it is the plastic gear that connects the belt through a shaft then a metal gear then the main gear
Either you have stripped the plastic nob off or your frame screws around the tail boom are loose. Try this site for the plastic nob fix and some other mods for the 36.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...alkera+owners+
Old 08-06-2006, 05:47 PM
parsec

I've been given 2 hitec hs-55 servos an I'll be replacing the two front servos on my #36 with them, are these servos OK for this purpose? I've also noticed that the stock pitch servo is slightly larger than an hs-55, would I need a different model servo to replace this one?
Old 08-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Okisub

Parsec- The HS55's are fine all round for a #36. Huge improvement over the standard ones.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:42 AM
parsec

ok - tell me if I've got the theory behind what I'm doing right-

I'm replacing the stock pitch servo on my #36 with another Hitec HS-55.

I've made a new pushrod because the height from mounting point on the 55 is different from the stock walkera servos. I've had to put a slight angle midway down the rod so it comes inline with the pitch plate thing.

Now the part I can't seem to get my head around - at what point should the servo horn be at 90 degrees to the servo, I mean where should my throttle stick be so that I have 0 pitch on the blades, I noticed that I had a few negative degrees at no stick with the stock TX, I found this the hard way by cutting the throttle with the heli a foot off the ground expecting it to fall back but it shot itself back down!

I have set no special curves yet on the TX.

Again, I do appreciate any help!
Old 08-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Mechanical Engineer
My Feedback: (2)

Hi all,
I have been reading loads about this Heli (#36), and I am about to bite the bullet and get one. From what I have read once set-up properly these are very nice flying machines. I was looking at brushless options an I noticed a good deal Esskay 400XT Brushless Motor. I am not sure of the KV rating. Has anyone used one of these in a Heli? Not sure if it is mountable form the photos. Anyhelp is much appreciated.

Dave

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.