Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

Walkera Dragonfly 22E Sim Cable Help

Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera Dragonfly 22E Sim Cable Help

Old 07-27-2006, 11:37 AM
encore2097

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera Dragonfly 22E Sim Cable Help

I fixed mine, the transistor I used was slightly different NPN3904, so the emitter and collector were switched. Fixed em so they work now! About the PLT/PZT mine work, they are very jumpy though and like 2 degress turn around 12 o clock on the dials is min and max in FMS so there kinda useless. I think I will switch them to lock mode (DIP on back of Tx) THanks for your help! Works great in FMS
Old 07-27-2006, 12:09 PM
krisma

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

post an fms link please... i've never actually used fms. thanx
Old 07-27-2006, 01:37 PM
encore2097

ORIGINAL: krisma

post an fms link please... i've never actually used fms. thanx

FMS Site
http://n.ethz.ch/student/mmoeller/fms/index_e.html

Just make sure you select Controls -> Analog Controls -> Joystick and then mapping and calibration
Old 07-27-2006, 02:24 PM
jtspin

I don't thing the switches do anything, but as Krisma said the two knobs appear on two channels. I took my Tx apart and there is obviously a resistor inline with the data signal. I made my own cable and I didn't use the inline 10k resistor.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:48 PM
encore2097

Got it to work with G3... set it up as a 4-channel with ppjoy since the 3D switch doesnt transmit over the cable and the PLT and PZT have no use, well I guess could have made the ma 3d switch.. oh well... anyway I think the sim is a waste of time, I can fly 3d and recover and land in the sim but I cant do anything with my 22E lol its kinda like hover for 3 seconds or try to and then kill the engine so it lands and hopefully doesnt tip and shred the head to peices...
Old 07-27-2006, 07:19 PM
jtspin

encore,

What model are you using in G3? I think the sim is easier partly because you're flying a perfectly trimmed bird. It takes a lot of work to get everything set just right on the 22E. I don't have a computer powerful enought to run G3, but I do practice on FMS. I think it helps with orientation. Try adding some wind with your sim and I would think it would help your reflexes. Have you balanced your blades and set your tracking? It makes a big difference. You also want to make sure your swashplate has a full range of motion without any binding, especially at full travel. I also noticed with my 22E, the front servo arm hit the frame when I gave it full forward cyclic. I have to have the servo arm pointing slightly up, instead of 90 degrees, to keep it from hitting the frame. The servos should be able to move through their full range without any binding.

Stick with it and good luck!
-JT
Old 07-28-2006, 05:33 PM
encore2097

ORIGINAL: jtspin

encore,

What model are you using in G3? I think the sim is easier partly because you're flying a perfectly trimmed bird. It takes a lot of work to get everything set just right on the 22E. I don't have a computer powerful enought to run G3, but I do practice on FMS. I think it helps with orientation. Try adding some wind with your sim and I would think it would help your reflexes. Have you balanced your blades and set your tracking? It makes a big difference. You also want to make sure your swashplate has a full range of motion without any binding, especially at full travel. I also noticed with my 22E, the front servo arm hit the frame when I gave it full forward cyclic. I have to have the servo arm pointing slightly up, instead of 90 degrees, to keep it from hitting the frame. The servos should be able to move through their full range without any binding.

Stick with it and good luck!
-JT
jtspin,

thanks for the tips I will try that! I will whoelheartedly agree that it helps with orientation! i cannot seem to control the heli when its ar away, its just too hard and I have to use the controls to figure out which way it is pointing and thats a BAD idea... I was using a .30 size 3D flier I beleive and it does help that its perfectly trimmed. I will try to add wind and test that.

Secondly, my 22e blades were tracked properly and it seemed as if my servos were ok. one thing I noticed is that I seem to get forward + left cyclic when I give it forward cyclic only and back and right cyclic when i give it back cyclyic only on the ground... i check the servo lengths and they match to the millimeter (i used some calipers to measure the distance between the arm links). Anyway after my last crash i bent the main shaft so I straighten that last night and its dead center! my blades have taken a beating but they track properly but since there beaten up they dont give as much lift but I think thats a good idea so I dont take off like a rocket and crash....
Old 07-29-2006, 12:23 PM
jtspin

encore,

Also try using a smaller model. I doubt you can find a 22E for G3, but maybe a Blade CP.

Others have said similar things about the cyclic, but also said it goes away once in the air.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:10 PM
dukunmagic

Hi..

Can you play G3 with this cable ??
If it does, Do you still need G3 dongle emulator, or just plug the cable & play the G3 like a charm ?
If it needs the emulator, what are the axis settings in the emulator ?
And 1 more question, I have Dragonfly 60 controller (7 channel). Do you think the cable would also work with the controller, or should there be a bit modification ?

Thanks.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:06 AM
chikut

ORIGINAL: oops

Hi Ippie,

Jtspin is correct.

You also need to enable the IRQ under the device manager. The IRQ is disabled by default.

David
David,

If u r still around...

How do i enable the IRQ?

I'm getting warning when selecting "Radio Control TX" as the controller.
Please assist anyone...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19367.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	556938  
Old 11-09-2006, 04:12 AM
jtspin

To assign an IRQ to your printer port, go to Control Panel, double click "System", click the "Hardware" tab, then click "Device Manager". Find the "Ports (COM and LPT)" entry and expand it (click on the +). Right click your printer port and choose "Properties". Click the "Port Settings" tab and make sure "Use any interrupt assigned to the port" is checked. You will have to reboot if you make a change.

Hope this helps!
-JT
Old 11-09-2006, 08:44 AM
chikut

Thanks JT, I manage to do that by following your guideline.

Now that I don't get any response from the Game Controller. What could be the mapping setting for the PPJOY?
Is below settings correct? anyone? I'm having a 4ch Walkera TX.

My cable should be ok, I've followed through the guideline given...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95021.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	557081   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78108.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	557082   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61275.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	557083   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33107.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	557084   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx77048.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	557085  
Old 11-09-2006, 11:56 AM
jtspin

The instructions in this thread are for the 6-channel Tx that comes with the 22E. You don't need the parallel port cable. You should be able to use the serial cable that came with the helicopter. You want to add a PPjoy Virtual Joystick and then run PPjoyCOM and pick the "Zhen Hua 5 byte protocol" for the serial protocol. I don't have the 4-channel Tx, so I can't be of much help. Post in the Walkera #4 thread if you need more help.

-JT
Old 11-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Xirok

à have the 6ch transmitter hooked up to the computer but I have a problem. I can only get 3 axis of the transmitter to work in Real Flight G2. I got it to work but then my computer crashed and I had to reinstall everything and i cant remember the settings for the controller, can somebody please help me?
Old 11-16-2006, 02:32 PM
jtspin

It's been a while since I used my Walkera Tx with G2, but as I recall I had to change the mapping in PPjoy. I set it up for 4 axes: X-axis, Y-axis, Throttle, and Z Rotation. Try that and then try to calibrate the joystick using both the Windows Control Panel and the G2 calibration.

-JT
Old 11-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Xirok

Thanks but that didn´t help. The throttle stick doesnt "work" in the G2 controller option but it works in game controller in windows.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:06 PM
jtspin

Did you try to calibrate it in G2? I seem to recall that moving the throttle didn't register in G2 at first, but after I calibrated it, it did.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Xirok

Thanks alot, that worked. You are a god. O man how long i have been trying to get it right. Thanks again.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:31 PM
jtspin

Glad you got it working! I remember going through the same hell you went through.

You're welcome!
-JT
Old 11-18-2006, 05:47 PM
TrumpetRhapsody

I have this working great (after getting rid of the inline resistor), but I can only get the 4axis and the two knobs working. I would LOVE to get the gear switch working so I can use it in Realflight G3.5. Does anyone know what channel, dip switch settings, settings ect to set to get the gear switch working. I'd love it if i could use it for the gear switch in realflight.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:40 PM
jtspin

I tried to get the gear switch working, and gave up. I don't think it's connected to anything.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:31 AM
mattau2000

Ahh! This is sweet. I finally got it working (I had the polarity switched of the signal \ ground wire coming from the transmitter...)

I am using FMS and I can now take off and land (about 15 minutes of practise hehe). Next time I should be able to hover for atleast 15 seconds in the real world...

I literally built this link cable with parts around the house... May post pics later (I have a S VIdeo cable going into a breakout box which i've broken and soldered wires to from a old null-modem cable... very weird setup!)

Thanks guys!
Old 12-13-2006, 04:10 AM
jdman

hi
will this cable work with walkera 52? if not please help
Old 03-27-2007, 12:26 PM
gkcontra

I gave this a try with the serial cable and I get a sync error 0 when the controller is on.
Is there something else to do?

ORIGINAL: jtspin

The instructions in this thread are for the 6-channel Tx that comes with the 22E. You don't need the parallel port cable. You should be able to use the serial cable that came with the helicopter. You want to add a PPjoy Virtual Joystick and then run PPjoyCOM and pick the "Zhen Hua 5 byte protocol" for the serial protocol. I don't have the 4-channel Tx, so I can't be of much help. Post in the Walkera #4 thread if you need more help.

-JT
Old 04-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Schizy

OK, guys! Has anyone been able to locate and purchase a workable sim. cable for a Walkera 22E as yet? The construction details given on making one up are really good, but before I go there, one last effort to buy one, eh?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.