Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera Dragonfly #39

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 09:46 AM
horse010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera Dragonfly #39

I would like to be able to llift a camera (about 9 oz). I've been looking around a lot and have come to the conclusion
that what I need is a trex xl, but unfortunately I can't afford it.

Is the #39 a clone of a Trex, could I use Trex parts?

Anyone have a #39, and have an opinion about it? Where would you suggest getting one from?

Could either of these 2 helis lift 9 ounces?

Thanks for all the input

[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 12-10-2005, 10:03 AM
horse010

Default RE: Walkera Dragonfly #39

It also hasalso ocurred to me to get a cheep <100 dollar heli to learn and crash on, then get a larger one.

What cheap one would you get.

Sorry to be on the cheap, but that's life.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:43 PM
DEFLYER22

If 9 oz is about 250g, right? I think No. 39 can lift that 250g camera you have.

- [link=http://www.linknety.com/modevideos/demo/index.php]No 39 helicopter flying movie[/link]
Old 12-11-2005, 09:51 AM
pinnaclemodel

Walkera 39 can be found at [link=http://www.pinnaclemodel.com]Pinnacle Model [/link] with all parts support.

ORIGINAL: horse010

I would like to be able to llift a camera (about 9 oz). I've been looking around a lot and have come to the conclusion
that what I need is a trex xl, but unfortunately I can't afford it.

Is the #39 a clone of a Trex, could I use Trex parts?

Anyone have a #39, and have an opinion about it? Where would you suggest getting one from?

Could either of these 2 helis lift 9 ounces?

Thanks for all the input

[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 12-11-2005, 10:03 AM
horse010

I think 9 ounces is about 280 grams.

Would the #36 lift that also?
Old 12-11-2005, 03:29 PM
swashplate

I have heard the 36 is more reliable, trex clone. dunno 39, check rotor diameter, maybey that will tell you how different they are.

*EDIT*
: I now belive that the 39 is actualy the trex clone BIG MAMMA. That would make the 36 a what clone, I dunno??
Old 12-13-2005, 11:55 AM
horse010

And it's at pinnacle listed for only 99$. Can that really be everything you need to fly?

Anyone have an opinion about Pinnacle models?
Old 12-13-2005, 12:46 PM
swashplate

those are ARF and have nothing but the heli frame and blades, the rtf #36 is more at 139$ the 36 has main rotor diameter 630mm the 39 is 675 probably a lot of difference in lift, if you realy want to get a camera into the air, it will probably take some$$$
JM2cnts
Old 12-14-2005, 05:19 AM
Jazsa

I brought one of these about a month ago. I got a swallow charger in the deal to, something I believe is a must. The provided 1500mah battery is pretty useless and wont supply the power to lift anything more than the heli. I brought two seperate 2100mah packs and they keep the heli in the air for about 10 minutes.

It required lots of testing and calibration and is by no means ready to fly from the box. The biggest issue was the gyro and tail prop. It took a while to get the perfect pitch. I have come to the conclusion (like many before me!) that the radio is utterly useless. The batteries last only about two flights and once they get a little flat you end up in a world of twitching and erratically moving servoes.

I have had many crashes, the worst being just recently when the heli took off by itself, with no control input, and flew straight into the wall. Trans batts were a bit flat.

If you purchase one you really need the following spares:

-Main axis (prop shaft)
-metal blade joiner (blade holders screw into this at each end)
-Tail rotor blade holders
-Main blades

The above are the parts that seem to be damaged nearly everytime i have crashed. Sometimes one, sometime all.

In regards to the lifting of 280g, I doubt the stock version could do it. I made a training gear out of two coat hangers and four ping balls and the heli could only fly in ground effect and them would not take to the air. Thats with the 2100mah packs.

In my honest opinion the radio gear provided is just not up to the task of flying this heli. It is very powerful and large and needs a more accurate and responsive radio. I am not going to fly again until I update the radio gear. The head speed it carries is fast and as soon a contact between the rotors and the ground is made it rolls itself into a ball. The servoes seem ok but as they go I will replace with more well known units.

-Jared
Old 12-14-2005, 01:59 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

#36 is basically a shogun V2. Belt driven shogun clone. Except the tail parts are based on the t-rex design, or so i'm told.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:54 AM
Ivan Woods

I bought my first heli (Esky E008) at Pinnacle Model few weeks ago. The service and price is great and they really helpful in techncial support. My first order only ask for the ARF kit as I don't know what else are needed. The owner remind me that I need also other stuff to fly the ARF E008. So far my heli flying well and I can do figure 8 with my E008 now. And, I have sent several emails to them for technical matter and they reply really fast and precise. I will keep order spare parts and may be my next heli from them too.[8D]

For Walkera 39# ARF, I have learnt that ARF is assembled in factory but you still need your own radio, servos, receiver, gyro, ESC and battery.

And it's at pinnacle listed for only 99$. Can that really be everything you need to fly?

Anyone have an opinion about Pinnacle models?
Old 12-16-2005, 12:15 AM
power_crazed65

i have a #39 i like it but the TX is crap and so is the charger, its VERY powerful put a many deep slashes in my leg, and its a carbon copy of the trex xl (non ccpm) but is very 3-D capable
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13429.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	370890  
Old 12-16-2005, 01:08 AM
horse010

Well, maybe buying a #39 at pinnacle for 99$ (the ARF with nothing but the heli frame and blades apparently) and then get good parts for the rest (what? motor, servors, reciever, transmitter) would be a good way to go. It's suprising that I never see these additional needs easily checked off in a shopping cart.

Anyway, how much more to getting it flying, assumming I can get it put together? I'm hoping I could do it for another 150-$200. Any chance at all? I've seen 6 ch trans for less than $100, but never on the same sites with the helis. What additional parts would you recommend?

Otherwise, maybe I should get a Blade CP down the street and learn to fly, then figure out if I should eventuallly get a Trex xl something something and spend another 5-600 bucks to loft a good camera system. And get a cool shiny box of course!

Or, maybe one of them honeybee 2 cps etc. I've seen for $40-50 bucks less than the Blade CP, but on-line. I should be able to lift my wireless blimp video camera with a 9volt in it, with a blade or a honeybee 2 shouldn't I?

Total newbie, try not to laugh, I'll crash later I know. But thanks for your help. [sm=drowning.gif]

Old 12-20-2005, 03:47 AM
Ivan Woods

Yes, you need brushless Motor, servos x 4pcs., 6CH receiver and 6CH transmitter.

For transmitter, I am using Futaba T6HX 6CH PCM radio. This item was bought at Pinnacle but this item is in package form, include 4 standard servos and 6CH receiver. So I bought another 4 pcs. Esky 8g micro servos in my E008. The reason why I go for T6HX is because of the quality and lowest price (At least low price for Futaba brand). And, this radio is CCPM capable which is a must for E008 heli. I found Pinnacle recently carry the Esky 6CH FM radio which is very low price for just US$5x, you may check its out.

Well, maybe buying a #39 at pinnacle for 99$ (the ARF with nothing but the heli frame and blades apparently) and then get good parts for the rest (what? motor, servors, reciever, transmitter) would be a good way to go. It's suprising that I never see these additional needs easily checked off in a shopping cart.

Anyway, how much more to getting it flying, assumming I can get it put together? I'm hoping I could do it for another 150-$200. Any chance at all? I've seen 6 ch trans for less than $100, but never on the same sites with the helis. What additional parts would you recommend?

Otherwise, maybe I should get a Blade CP down the street and learn to fly, then figure out if I should eventuallly get a Trex xl something something and spend another 5-600 bucks to loft a good camera system. And get a cool shiny box of course!

Or, maybe one of them honeybee 2 cps etc. I've seen for $40-50 bucks less than the Blade CP, but on-line. I should be able to lift my wireless blimp video camera with a 9volt in it, with a blade or a honeybee 2 shouldn't I?

Total newbie, try not to laugh, I'll crash later I know. But thanks for your help. [sm=drowning.gif]

Old 12-20-2005, 04:44 AM
snappa

#39 is total c.r.a.p. yes I have one and also a caliber 30, the #39 needs alot of work to get it flying and personally you would be better with a gasser or perhaps a te-rex
Old 12-21-2005, 10:59 PM
power_crazed65

You get what tou pay for, now all of my servos are stripped out, and not only my tx is crappin out on me so is the RX if i were to do it all over agin i would not buy the #39 its not any cheeper than a trex after you buy a new raido system (and all new head parts because your tx has craped out on you so freakin much) im personaly getting sick of it, my brother has a ccpm trex and its awsome and super reliable. i will have over $350 in the 39 after all of this not including the orignal $320, its all a learnig leason, try to absorb all you can and blow off the rest.