Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

Walkera Dragonfly #35 Tips and tricks

Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera Dragonfly #35 Tips and tricks

Old 12-21-2005, 02:01 AM
ryan_f289

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera Dragonfly #35 Tips and tricks

Hi i have purchased a dragonfly 35 from ebay store Grandhobby. it is a great helo to start on. Parts are readily available at great prices. But BEWARE these helos are rarely perfect. they most likely will require alterations. I encourage others who have tinkered with their helo to share their stories. as will I
Important
Invest in calipers (dial or digital) for keeping the connecting rods the same length
A blade pitch guage, to keep the rotor blades at the same pitch
and A small line level to clip onto the skids or the boom to help balance the helo

Parts: shop and compare
[link=http://store.yahoo.com/yhst-38176160243944/dragonfly-35--electric-rc-helicopters-parts.html]Hobby E-store[/link]
[link=http://store.grandhobby.com/sppad356chhe.html]Grand Hobby[/link]
Old 12-21-2005, 02:07 AM
ryan_f289

Default RE: Walkera Dragonfly #35 Tips and tricks

I inverted the gyro and moved it about 7 cm from the motor this seems to work well

I created an aluminum battery tray extension from 1/16 inch aluminum stock and is held on with 3 machine screws, and velcro to hold the battery, to improve the balance remember: if the helo drifts to one side and trim adjustments dont work try shifting the battery it should help.

keep the battery and motor cables seprate from the servo cables. it is easer to work on the servos when you don't have to wory about the motor comeing on (this image is before the aluminum extension)

hope this helps someone

[:@] If it ain't broke you ain't tryin
Old 12-21-2005, 03:19 PM
sparky814_hawk

Do you really fly that thing with the stock battery? Mine does not really work long enough to do much at all. I like my thunder power 3 cell 900mah battery but thingk that I will upgrade to a 1350MAh battery here soon. It took me lots of tinkering to get this thing to fly. What are your balde angles on your 35?? and are you still using the stock radio setup? Or did you upgrade?
Old 12-21-2005, 08:10 PM
ryan_f289

the battery is stock but i will up grade to a brushless upgrade later.
and my radio set up perfectly for baisic flight no 3D by the folloing

1. move the collective serve cable to the #3 position on the recever
2. move all switches on the back of the TX to the off position except for #8
3. disconect the motor from the recever and turn on the helo and TX
4. move the trottle to 100% and adjust the collective servo arm as high as it can go and reconnect to servo
5. adjust the blade pitch control arms so that the blades have a pitch of +10 degrees or higher