Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

#36 blades won't track correctly

Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

#36 blades won't track correctly

Old 12-23-2005, 07:24 AM
Okisub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default #36 blades won't track correctly

I have just set up my #36 with a new Align ESC/brushless and telebee gyro setup and started going over all the pre-flight checks. With the 36 weighted down and spun up when the blades start to try and lift one blade lifts more than the other. Even after adjusting the little rods to change the pitch of each blade one is always lifting more than the other. Half a turn will make the difference between the blue or red side being higher. I have hopped it around before with the brushed motor and had the blades right. I checked the rod that connects the 2 blade holders by rolling it on a sheet of glass and looking for gaps in contact with the surface and its still straight as.

Any suggestions?

I think most of Saturday will be devoted to fiddling around with this thing...
Old 12-23-2005, 07:33 AM
CitYbYdBaY

Default RE: #36 blades won't track correctly

It's ok to have one blade track a bit higher when your heli starts to lift. But try to get it as balanced as much as you can when the blades are spooled up before lift off when you heli is still on the ground without lift at a good head speed like say 30-40% throttle.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:28 AM
snappa

I had the same problem on my #39 and here was my fix the two arms on the mainshaft ere loose check the screws are tight the part no hm39-021part of the slide block what I found was that half a turn either was was too much and would throw the tracking out from one blade to the other
Old 12-24-2005, 02:20 AM
Okisub

Thanks Snappa, you were spot on! Problem solvered[8D]
Old 12-24-2005, 04:37 AM
CitYbYdBaY

Snappa,

I never thought of that, so I went with your advice and it also worked for me.

Thank you,
Cit