Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

simulator software problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 09:48 AM
scousethief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default simulator software problems

Hi has anybody tries to use the dragonfly walkera 36 transmitter with a serial cable ? i am at the minute using the walkera tx which has the walkera name in the shape of a heli i am trying (have been since yesterday) to get the cable software and tx to work together but i keep getting the same problem

i have installed ppjoy and setup a virtual joystick 2 on com 2 (ive tried other comports also)

i am running ppjoyserial stream to virtual joystick

i am using the zhen option

successfully opened port

waiting for stream init stays there forever

can anyone help i have tried everything i can think about and i suppose it could be the cable

any ideas the cable has 4 wires on pins 2 4 5 and 7

please help as im about to go insane
Old 01-24-2006, 10:57 AM
Schwede

Default RE: simulator software problems

scousethief,

Com2 does not work for ppjoy, you need to use com1. If you switch in ppjoy to com1 and do not get at signal, then something is using it already.. (Palm pilot or PPC will use com1..).

ORIGINAL: scousethief

Hi has anybody tries to use the dragonfly walkera 36 transmitter with a serial cable ? i am at the minute using the walkera tx which has the walkera name in the shape of a heli i am trying (have been since yesterday) to get the cable software and tx to work together but i keep getting the same problem

i have installed ppjoy and setup a virtual joystick 2 on com 2 (ive tried other comports also)

i am running ppjoyserial stream to virtual joystick

i am using the zhen option

successfully opened port

waiting for stream init stays there forever

can anyone help i have tried everything i can think about and i suppose it could be the cable

any ideas the cable has 4 wires on pins 2 4 5 and 7

please help as im about to go insane
Old 01-24-2006, 11:34 AM
bluesky123
My Feedback: (2)

#36 transmitter does NOT implement Zhen Hua protocol!!!
http://milehighwings.com/faq.htm#10
If your interface cable has just 4 straight wires with no microchip inside the serial connector's hood, there's no way this "interface" will work with your transmitter!

Thia has been discussed many times, try searching this forum.

Boris
Old 01-27-2006, 01:56 AM
RCandME

I have to agree the standard com cable for the Walkera 6 Ch transmitters does not work.
We have modified the cable to a parallel version and it works great.. In the middle of finishing a batch of 200 cables

Old 01-27-2006, 05:59 PM
nigel984

http://infomirror.blogspot.com/2006/...tor-cable.html

I have written up a quick guide to getting it working. I hope it helps!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:49 PM
cmavr8

Do you know if this works with the 22E transmitter? It is also 6 channel but are they the same?

Thanks
Old 05-19-2006, 06:47 PM
oops

Hi cmarv8

ORIGINAL: cmavr8

Do you know if this works with the 22E transmitter? It is also 6 channel but are they the same?

Thanks
Whether they are the same or not I don't know, but the parallel cable works with both the old 22A 6ch and the new 22E 6ch. The difference is that the 22E has the signal on the back of the plug.

Circuits and pinouts are elsewhere on this forum. I posted a setup for the 22E recently after I set one up for a friend.

David
Old 05-20-2006, 01:42 AM
cmavr8

Thanks, I will look for it in a few days.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:19 PM
k3nv

Here is an howto of the cable I made for my 22e, a 6ch tx. Might be the same for the #36?

[link=http://ehsia.com/49]http://ehsia.com/49[/link]

Old 05-21-2006, 02:09 PM
cmavr8

Perfect! Thanks!

I also seem to have problems with FMS generally. It doesn't run smoothly. Sometimes it responds perfectly to my keyboard commands, while others it needs up to 4 seconds to aply the requested action!

My pc is quite good for fms's graphics. Athlon xp 2800+, 1gb ram, ddr400, ATI 9600xt 128mb... It should be going perfectly.

I tested the two latest versions.

Please note I am using Winxp pro sp2.

Thanks again for the instructions. They will work perfectly for my 22e controller. (waiting for the postman...). I'll keep you posted!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:34 PM
rmwac

Hi all: I'm a newbie electric RC guy, and I'd like to use FMS and a usb interface I bought from SIMBLASTER.com. as an easy way to enter the simulator world. The FMS works fine with a Microsoft joystick, but I cannot get Windows XP Media Edition to recognize the USB interface so that I can use it with a Futaba T6XA-s transmitter. Has anyone had this problem? The company has already replaced my first "non-functioning" unit, but I'm becoming convinced that the real problem is a compatability issue between the USB interface and Windows itself. Any feedback would be appreciated. By the way, I've seen G3, Reflex, and AeroFly. Can I get a recommendation for the best "hi-end" sim BEFORE in invest? THANK YOU! RON W