Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

Walkera Transmitters with other RX does work.

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera Transmitters with other RX does work.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 04:17 PM
GTX SlotCar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera Transmitters with other RX does work.

ORIGINAL: E_Heli

The Eclipse charger puts out about 55ma, it will take about 36 hours to fully charge the 2000ma pack. I think it's OK to leave the charger plug in for serveral days and I did that for the past six months. So far there's no problem.
I made a 2500mah pack. WalMart had the ray-o-vac batteries on sale so it was about $15 for 8 AA's. I use the contacts inside the Tx, so I didn't have to even put a plug on my new pack.
I haven't left the charger on very long yet. I'm just a little nervous that the charger puts out 10.8v and I think the NiMH battery pack is only about 10.4 fully charged. I'll probably do it tonight, though. I've left it charging for a few hours and nothing got hot so I'm getting braver.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:10 PM
E_Heli

ORIGINAL: GTX SlotCar
I haven't left the charger on very long yet. I'm just a little nervous that the charger puts out 10.8v and I think the NiMH battery pack is only about 10.4 fully charged. I'll probably do it tonight, though. I've left it charging for a few hours and nothing got hot so I'm getting braver.
Most people use automatic peak detecting charger for NicD/NimH packs to ensure it is fully charged for high power application. The wall wart charger usually is used for slow/trickle charge.

More info here: http://www.rcbatteryclinic.com/
Old 03-09-2006, 03:13 PM
GTX SlotCar

A peak charger would be nice, but I'd have to remove the pack. It's really just convenient for me to plug the wall wart into the back of the Tx and leave it there. I've had it charging now for most of last night and today, and it does seem to be doing OK. With this new 2500mAh NiMH pack I made, it should take 45 hours for a full charge from empty at the .55A that the wall wart is delivering. But, if I was getting 120 minutes on the old NiCad 600mAh pack, I should get a lot longer on 2500mAh.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:44 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

GTX Slotcar, you should not have any problems with the charging. Trickle chargers don't really need anything special as the charge rate is so low that it would not damage the battery even at peak. Delta peak cutoff is only really needed when you're speed charging your NIMH cells, where they can get damaged easily. Also, if you want a "full" charge for your NIMH cells, slow charging is the best way to do it, as it balances each cell to give you top voltage, aswell as the fullest charge. Delta peak isn't always very accurate, and it can trigger before NIMH cells are actually full. Speed charging is nice (and in some cases, benificial for topping packs off before a flight), but you should always cycle your cells using a slow charge after every few speed charges to ensure they stay in optimal condition.

Edit: I should probably mention that trickle charging for LONG periods of time WILL damage NIMH cells. Aslong as you don't leave the battery on trickle charge for a week you're fine.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:45 AM
rf_reggie

Hey guys,

Has anyone confirmed that the Esky 4in1 is -shift so I can use it with a Futaba?

thanks.

PS: this is a great place!

EDIT: Several sellers say the EK2-0702 will work with Futaba, I'm getting one and will advise.

Old 04-02-2006, 02:36 AM
E_Heli

ORIGINAL: rf_reggie

Hey guys,

Has anyone confirmed that the Esky 4in1 is -shift so I can use it with a Futaba?

thanks.

PS: this is a great place!

EDIT: Several sellers say the EK2-0702 will work with Futaba, I'm getting one and will advise.
Yes
Old 04-10-2006, 12:21 PM
anjel-2k

Hi Guys
Great job with this forum i think ive read everything from top to bottom and it has been lots of help. i just got myself a 36 about 3 weeks ago, took it to the club last night after finally getting it perfectly tuned. it wasnt up to two minutes in the air when the whole heli dropped from the sky:luckly i had my training gear on so it absorbed most of the crash. i got told it was a radio bounce and shouldnt worry. so i reseted the heli and tried to go again but this time the heli wouldnt throttle up and all it would do was jitter the servos, then all of a sudden start by itself. This happened a couple of times and then after a while the tail servo stopped moving. ild give it rudder input but nothing would happen.

1,does anyone know what the problem could be? i beleive iam going to need a new servo and a new reciver but iam not sure!.

2,Also what do you think is the best rx to get to replace the walkera one on the 36? i believe the walkera ones are poorly made and think is the main cause of all my problems!.

thanks and keep up the good work guys.[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 08-14-2006, 08:01 PM
arnie230

Yes it works !!!!

I have a Walkera DF-4, Other than it being a real piece of crap, I put in a GWS gyro, new servos, and a GWS JR receiver....Yes it works just fine with the Walkera transmitter that came with the DF-4.....
Had to change the dip switches to 1.2.3. to off, and 4 to on..
After spending all that money, it’s still a piece of crap!!!!!!
Doesn’t fly any better !!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2006, 07:39 PM
JJeter1954
My Feedback: (21)

I have a Walkera 701 and am in need of a 7 channel reciever on the 35 mhz band and cannot find one. I'm using a 6 channel Walkera reciever now and works good. Anyone have an extra 35 they want to get rid of?
Old 12-20-2006, 07:45 PM
cyclicoverload

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you live in the US why are you flying on the 35 mhz band as it is very noisy here, risky stuff. You may have your reason i just was wondering.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:08 AM
JJeter1954

I got this radio in a trade and was going to use it on a Dragonfly 60 I'm rebuilding. Maybe I should go ahead and use my Futaba instead. Didn't know any better I suppose, I have a brand new reciever (72 Mhz) but no Transmitter on that frequency to make it work.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:26 PM
cyclicoverload

OK i just saw that you are in the U.S. and that 35mhz band is for the U.K. and Europe only by FCC rules. It is used by all kinds of radio traffic in the U.S. (walkietalkies,old cordless phones,two way radio from bus lines/railroad,and for wireless control like garage doors and watering systems)VERY noisy do not try to fly your DF-60 on that frequency, it will be a crash waiting to happen. Use your Futaba or order a new TX from Hirobo or some place like that, thay are really cheep and the new ones work good.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:23 PM
JJeter1954

Thanks a bunch and I already decided to use my futaba anyway. too bad I can' t use some part of it! It a work in progress! LMAO!...Thanks for all the info...Jerry
Old 12-21-2006, 03:36 PM
cyclicoverload

No problem, i hope you get your machine up and flying soon, let me know how it goes.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:30 PM
JJeter1954

Well, I finally got all hooked up and working right. Had to go get an Align 35a speed control and it does work Great! Smooth and strong! So, now I guess I have a Walkera 72Mhz reciever I need to sell, Brand New! Cheap! LMAO! Should be flying by X-Mas! I'll throw in the Xmtr and 6 channel too...Futaba Rules!...Merry X-Mas All....Jerry
Old 12-21-2006, 06:55 PM
cyclicoverload

Cool deal, good luck. ill email you after xmas about buying that RX if you want to sell it.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:34 PM
JJeter1954

Soumds like a deal to me...Merry X-Mas to All....Jerry
Old 12-23-2006, 12:27 PM
JJeter1954

Update! Saturday A.M....finally got this lil' fella in the air! A LOT of trim and a lil' luck and it took off! Fairly stable but th' pucker factor was on th' high side for a while. Now I need a better G006, 1 of th' adjustment pots broke off I guess 'cause it's just not there anymore but it works ok for now and the plastic rotor head leaves a lot to be desired but it flies! I got a few new plane engines I could trade for what I need now if anyone might be interested DO e-mail me...please. Rather trade than spend money if I can...LMAO! Have a safe X-Mas All...Jerry
Old 12-23-2006, 07:28 PM
gglasser

is the frequency of the transmitter determined by the crystal? my transmitter has a 72mhz crystal and so does the receiver, but the reciever says 35mhz. I had asked a similar question a couple of days ago and got a good response but have additional questions. it looks like the heli has the wrong receiver so im going to buy a new one but want to make sure i dont need a transmitter as well. IM STUCK and grounded. Live and learn. the throttle is on the left on my transmitter.

thanks
Old 12-23-2006, 09:14 PM
JJeter1954

I have a 35Mhz W701 Xmtr and a brand new reciever, 72 Mhz, the 35 Mhz crystal won't work in my 72 Mhz reciever at all. The frequency is determined by the internal build of the radio. The assigned frquencies, low band, middle band, and high band only have certain channels within those bands. Changing crystals simply won't change the channels radios work on...hope that helps, oh, like cyclic said earlier, don't fly with a 35 Mhz setup, it's a crash waiting to happen.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:53 PM
gglasser

thanks for the info. I'm trying to determine if 1) the receiver is bad 2) the transmitter is bad 3) if the receiver matches the transmitter and they are both 35mhz and just don't work, and finally 4) if the receiver in fact does not match the transmitter. There is nothing on the transmitter that says its 75 MHz. Only the crystal says 72. But I'm learning that is not the same thing as the 35 or 75 MHz frequency.

thanks
Gary
Old 12-23-2006, 10:12 PM
cyclicoverload

Gary, did you get my e-mail?? i sent a message to you about this, check your email.
No its not the same the RX is marked 35mhz and you can not use it on 72mhz the parts in the RX are tuned for 35 and will be very out of tune on 72 even with a 72 crystal in it. You need to have Walkera or the guy you bought it from send you a RX and if your TX has the throttle on the right side the TX is wrong to.

OK i saw where you said the throttle is on the left. SO your TX is OK if it was a 35mhz then the throttle would be on the right. Only the RX is wrong, a simple mistake at the factory.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:27 PM
gglasser

yes i got your email, thank you very much. I'm just so new at this i don't understand all of it entirely. the throttle is on the left. So from that can I assume the transmitter is 75MHz, correct?. I'm embarrassed to say i bought it from some one on ebay. I'm just trying to make sure that if i buy a new 75mhz receiver that will most likely solve my problem. I'm half tempted to buy another entire setup from a dealer and use this for parts. You know, i was trying to save money and I would have been much better off buying it from a good dealer. What a bummer. I'm off work this next week and was hoping to play. I also have a df4 and have leared to hover pretty well. recently it the tail motor started to jitter and I have to constantly give it opposite rudder to counter the spin. I had saw on some posts that it could be the tail motor or the receiver gyro. I replaced the motor. didn't work. now to replace the receiver. WHAT A PAIN. I JUST WANT TO FLY.

thanks
Gary
Old 12-23-2006, 10:33 PM
gglasser

Another thing,

I see a sticker in the manual that says not to use a lipo. What will happen? it seems that everyone uses lipo.
Will it burn out the ESC? yes, no, maybe or definetly?

Gary
Old 12-23-2006, 10:52 PM
cyclicoverload

OK thats no prob. i was hopeing i didnt mess the email up. That is bummer there i know how that is man "you just want to fly", but its not that bad the TX is good, use it and get a new RX thay are cheep and you can get them all over and the net if you need some sites let me know i will list them.
The LiPo thing? dont worry about it the voltage of the 3 cell LiPo is 11.1 volts and the NiMh is 12.0 volts so no problem. I have over 100 flights on my stock DF-60 with the brushed motor and 2100mah LiPo and no prob.
Dont worry you did save money, just grab a new 72mhz RX put the crystal you have in it and fly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.