Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

WALKERA 60

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 05:25 PM
trireme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WALKERA 60

Ya, that little extra bit of heat shrink gives me better grip, connecteding disconnecting the leads. And it looks cool.

I have noticed that one of my cells(I have two 1800ah) unbalances its self pretty quickly, and one holds great, should I worry. When I charge it gets to 4.20,4.20,4.20. but in about 4 hours it will reall 4.16,4.19,4.20. the other battery in that same amount of time will read 4.17,4.17,4.17. They seem to fly the same....

ORIGINAL: bbstrikesagain

Trireme,

Glad you happy with the CellPro4s.

I like your extra heatsink sleeving on the balance lead connectors and on the deans. I only used individual sleeves on each wire, but your solution is better, so I think I'll copy it on my 3" CP-TP lead...

Cheers, BB.

ORIGINAL: trireme

BB-

Thanks- I finally got my ashtek 4 pin connector in the mail, and built my adapter cable for the CellPro charger. Very happy with this piece. It is fast, easy to use, and light wieght.

I am actually getting more power out of my batteries now, it says my old charger is only charging to 85% capacity... And the data cable with the software interface, allows you to print the charging data, which could be really useful in returning a faulty cell immediately after purchase.

Great recommendation BB, and I pass it along
Old 12-07-2006, 06:12 PM
tkemme

Could I generate a little more discussion on radio systems. I too am looking to upgrade to a better transmitter. I'll be using it on my 60 and on a Helimax MX400 I'm putting together this winter. I'm more into the machinery than the radios, so I'm not sure what to get. I'm looking at the Spektrm DX6, the Futaba 6EXH and the JR XP6102. Any feedback on these would be most welcome.

Todd
Old 12-07-2006, 06:49 PM
consultjdm

tkemme,
Im a spekturm advocate.

JD
Old 12-07-2006, 11:25 PM
zacko

I'm looking for some help with the dip switches on my TX. I bought my 60 used and am not sure if I didn't get all the instructions or if that was all and they just suck. This is my first CP heli and I'm lost as far as set up. The instructions I have tell me how to set up PIT lock and rudder mixing, but doesn't explain what these features do. after setting these up what position do the dip switches go back to?
Sorry if someone already explained all this stuff in a previous post. lots to read. Need a DX6- hope it comes with good instructions.
Thanks for any help.
Zack
Old 12-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Loaderbull

Hi all,

Just a quick question. I have 3x 1800mAh lipo's and 1x 2500mAh lipo for my #60. I store them in my workshop, thin walls etc. I'm in the UK and this time of year the temp inside the place at night is just above 0c (usually around 3-4c). In the day it rises to about 10c, and when i'm working in there i have it at around 18c.

Will this harm the lipo's at all? Or are they better suited inside my house?

Cheers for any help.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:16 PM
diesel11679

are there any frame or canopy modifications that have to be made in order to use a trex canopy on a #60?
Old 12-08-2006, 12:19 PM
soneebee

JD,

Yup... ehirobo opened the forum a couple of months ago.. I think around september.. have tested the site early august on the early stages of development... seems to open up new threads on all the new parts they are coming out.. the COPTER X was the lastest addition.. have not heared of any new helis coming out.. I think they will focus first with the COPTER X and continue on with then... This is better since its a ARTF where in you have to put in your electrics.. better since there will be no problems of glitching....

There is also another DF60B that came out.. its a kit that you have to assemble.. I think Walkera already answered our mails that instead of coming out of RTF's is they just come out of build kits were we put in out stuff.. that will be better than getting the un realiable radio gear they had before...

ORIGINAL: consultjdm

Soneebee,

suprisingly the logo is not really easier to fly than the TREX it is easier to see. The Trex is just so solid and quick and stable. The logo is solid and responsive but I would say it is no easier to hover, if as easy. I think the Trex tail is more solid believe it or not. The Trex people just got it right. Both my Trex and Logo have the exact same Gyro/servo setup. The bigger they are the more imposing they become. They take much more space to fly!!! The Logo 10 is not a real backyard or front yard heli, you need a big area.

I know most people would say the bigger the better and the easier but I'm not sure I'm with that crowd.

It's like this to me. A 250cc motorcyle vs a 650cc verses a 1200cc. for a beginner the 250cc is less daunting but it does not have the power and smoothness of the 650 cc. With the 250 cc you may not have the power you need to pull out into traffic and if you hit a bump or run into heavy head winds it can be knocked around. The 1200cc is just a giant to start with. If the 1200 tips over a few degrees while your stopped you could drop it and not get it up, and if you come to a sharp turn it is not as agile and you could lose it in the turn. You need a little more space on the same curve you would need to reduce your speed more on the 1200 than the other two. I am thinking of the walkera 22e class vs the walkera 60 class vs the Logo 10 class. I think the walkera 60 class (includes Trex and Showgun and Copter X) is about the perfect size to start with and for the long run unless you go to a flying field every day.

On another note, with Ehirobo starting a walkera forum with teck support will that be the perferred forum for our walkera birds? They also support the Trex and the Copter X. I saw posts by you there Soneebee.

JD
Old 12-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Digital Anval

While I was practising my lottery cheque acceptance smile in the washroom mirror , My G.F opened the door and asked me if I had ever heard of CORONA R/C helicopters .

I said NO , but that I felt I had a really good lottery win smile.

She said I might be "glitching" again,

She clearly thinks I'm going to find out a little about
CORONA R/C Helicopters.

I can't wait to prove her wrong.

Anyone ever heard of them? cough ....
Old 12-08-2006, 02:09 PM
consultjdm

I read an article that said the batteries hold their charge longer when in a colder environment. I think I even read a guy stored them in his fridge when he was not planning on using them for 3 months.

I know the article I refered to is out there on the internet. I forget if there was a freezing warning. I would search for Li-po strorage or something to find the article. It could have been in the TREX Tuning site.

JD
Old 12-08-2006, 02:22 PM
consultjdm

Soneebee, do you think that will be a better forum and most people will switch to it? I think a lot of people buy these helicopters from them and they will get a lot of traffic in the long run.

I think they have their own technical people in some of the rooms helping resolve issues, is that true?

JD
Old 12-08-2006, 02:29 PM
consultjdm

I've heard of them, Corona Helicopters. I think when I reviewed helicopters a year or so ago they were not ranked as high as others in there category. I think I reviewed them when I was looking for my Logo 10 and I decided on the logo 10. Somehow I think the Eco 8 is similiar but sturdier.

JD
Old 12-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Loaderbull

Cheers for the response JD.

I too have read different to what you have read! I thought i would post here though to see if anyone had any 'bad' experiences with keeping lipo's in the cold by accident? I read that they 'like' around room temp, maybe a tad lower...anyway maybe they are only opinions, i'm not sure. But the reason i asked is this;

I had 2x 1800mAh and 1x 2500mAh charged (a week ago) and ready to go, the wind dropped today so i took them out and fired up my #60. Well the same thing happened to all 3, they seemed ro 'drain' 30secs to 1min of flight in, you could here the change in noise from the motor, but then they would pick up again... To me it was almost like they had to warm up before they were at maximum efficiency? It happened to all 3 which is why i ask the question, if it had been one then i would of thought that it was a mishap of some sort.

Anyway, i have them all in my house now, so i will hope the weather is calm tomorrow to have anotther go.

Cheers.

I read an article that said the batteries hold their charge longer when in a colder environment. I think I even read a guy stored them in his fridge when he was not planning on using them for 3 months.

I know the article I refered to is out there on the internet. I forget if there was a freezing warning. I would search for Li-po strorage or something to find the article. It could have been in the TREX Tuning site.

JD
Old 12-08-2006, 03:43 PM
bbstrikesagain

Tireme,

I don't know about the imbalance. I'd watch it carefully and see if it's the same every charge. At least using the CellPro you try to start with balanced cells each time. It could be that the cells weren't matched to start with, but really LiPo should have very slow self discharge. Sounds like one of your cells self discharges a little - does it keep getting lower, like after 12 hours or a day?

With LiPo I believe the breakdown voltage is not much higher than the fully charged voltage. Maybe quality control, or later on damage or abuse, might cause one cell to leak internally a little at the fully charged voltage?

I have read that you should only charge LiPo to 80% if you are going to store them, because if they get cold the breakdown voltage actually falls and they can start do discharge locally, meaning loss of charge or even loss of battery plus its immediate surroundings... The CellPro only charges to lower voltages if it is cold.

There's some good techy info on LiPo at FMA Direct [link=http://www.fmadirect.com/tech_data/techdocs/]here[/link].

Cheers, BB.

Ya, that little extra bit of heat shrink gives me better grip, connecteding disconnecting the leads. And it looks cool.

I have noticed that one of my cells(I have two 1800ah) unbalances its self pretty quickly, and one holds great, should I worry. When I charge it gets to 4.20,4.20,4.20. but in about 4 hours it will reall 4.16,4.19,4.20. the other battery in that same amount of time will read 4.17,4.17,4.17. They seem to fly the same....
[link=http://www.fmadirect.com/tech_data/techdocs/]here[/link]
Old 12-08-2006, 03:51 PM
bbstrikesagain

Loaderbull,

I think you should store them and charge them well above 0°, room temperature is probably best but your garage should be okay. Then again, be careful if you charge them indoors as (a) you don't want to burn the house down if there's a problem and (b) you don't want them to burn your heli down if you take it outside on a frosty day.

Cheers, BB.

ORIGINAL: Loaderbull

Hi all,

Just a quick question. I have 3x 1800mAh lipo's and 1x 2500mAh lipo for my #60. I store them in my workshop, thin walls etc. I'm in the UK and this time of year the temp inside the place at night is just above 0c (usually around 3-4c). In the day it rises to about 10c, and when i'm working in there i have it at around 18c.

Will this harm the lipo's at all? Or are they better suited inside my house?

Cheers for any help.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Digital Anval

CORONA a better beer than helicopter .

I've heard of them, Corona Helicopters. I think when I reviewed helicopters a year or so ago they were not ranked as high as others in there category. I think I reviewed them when I was looking for my Logo 10 and I decided on the logo 10. Somehow I think the Eco 8 is similiar but sturdier.

JD
Old 12-08-2006, 07:10 PM
diesel11679

are there any frame or canopy modifications that have to be made in order to use a trex 450xl canopy on a walkera df #60?
Old 12-08-2006, 09:14 PM
soneebee

I guess its here that most of the people are really moving into.. that forum is still young it will take many more year to build up a good database of reference.. But most of the questions raised were parts that came from there site.. basically most of the items that they are selling on the web are the main concern... Yup they do have some technical guys that does give information on the items they sell... I do also answer some questions raised on the items they have.. mostly the parts I get on hand to check out and test...

do drop by on the forums.. they will surely need you expertise there....

Soneebee, do you think that will be a better forum and most people will switch to it? I think a lot of people buy these helicopters from them and they will get a lot of traffic in the long run.

I think they have their own technical people in some of the rooms helping resolve issues, is that true?

JD
Old 12-08-2006, 10:58 PM
balance_mind

The two persons that I know of who tweaks the Walkera helis alot and helping there are Soneebee himself and Thierry.

Sadly, some abused the site with some atrocious advertisement not relating to helis at all. The site moderators and especially the admin need to keep a look out more.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:59 AM
trireme

Batteries do not like the cold, even a warm battery, moved to a cold enviroment, will suffer once the battery temp drops. A fully charged battery can be damaged if it is cooled from room temp to below 45 or so. And i would assume wind chill could change the tempurater of a battery quick. But I would be suprised to see battery that was at room temp, get down that cold in 1 minute. But, I dont know how cold it really was.

BB-
It happens pretty consistently with one of my batts. It also take that one alot longer to balance. Seems to fly okay though.

I too have read different to what you have read! I thought i would post here though to see if anyone had any 'bad' experiences with keeping lipo's in the cold by accident? I read that they 'like' around room temp, maybe a tad lower...anyway maybe they are only opinions, i'm not sure. But the reason i asked is this;

I had 2x 1800mAh and 1x 2500mAh charged (a week ago) and ready to go, the wind dropped today so i took them out and fired up my #60. Well the same thing happened to all 3, they seemed ro 'drain' 30secs to 1min of flight in, you could here the change in noise from the motor, but then they would pick up again... To me it was almost like they had to warm up before they were at maximum efficiency? It happened to all 3 which is why i ask the question, if it had been one then i would of thought that it was a mishap of some sort.

Anyway, i have them all in my house now, so i will hope the weather is calm tomorrow to have anotther go.

Cheers.

JD
Old 12-09-2006, 05:26 AM
Loaderbull

I'm getting a new digital display charger that shows voltage of each cell etc, and has a repair function. Should be here in time for xmas i hope.

I took the battery out of my garage which was at around about 8-9c i think, then outside to fly (around 4c).

Anyway thanks for all of the replies.

Batteries do not like the cold, even a warm battery, moved to a cold enviroment, will suffer once the battery temp drops. A fully charged battery can be damaged if it is cooled from room temp to below 45 or so. And i would assume wind chill could change the tempurater of a battery quick. But I would be suprised to see battery that was at room temp, get down that cold in 1 minute. But, I dont know how cold it really was.

BB-
It happens pretty consistently with one of my batts. It also take that one alot longer to balance. Seems to fly okay though.

Cheers.

JD
Old 12-09-2006, 06:13 AM
Mister_Scary

Cheers.

JD
Here's what it says at df60.org on the Problem/Solution page:

#13) It gets c-c-c-cold where I live. How will my df60 fly?
The cold will make your heli seem like it lacks power. The colder the temperature is outside, the weaker your fully-charged battery will seem. The extreme cold slows down the chemical release of the energy stored inside the cells.
Battery packs should be protected from the direct cold.
First, keep the pack initially warm in a heated room or vehicle at your flying location.
You can set your heli up indoors or in a warm car before going outside.
When the battery is directly exposed to the cold, cover it with a thin piece of foam or similar. It's not recommended that you try to charge them in below freezing conditions and NEVER cover them in anything while charging.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:03 AM
tkemme

JD
Can you tell me why you like spektrum? Cost, performance, feel????????

Todd

tkemme,
Im a spekturm advocate.

JD
Old 12-09-2006, 09:15 AM
tkemme

Help!!!??

I'm putting together my new aluminum swash plate and in the eHirobo instructions it says the upper portion of the swash is a press fit through the bearing in the lower half. Mine just slides right through.......and then right back apart??[] It's not a sloppy fit, but isn't this going to separate in flight?[X(] Should I CA or locktite the joint?

Todd
Old 12-09-2006, 10:17 AM
soneebee

When i did the manual.. well it was the first batch of swashplates that I got.. it was really a force fit.. i have like 5 sets of it and all were that way.. if you got it differently I guess you have to use some loctite RED to hold it fully.. the blue one can do also.. well Have not tried using CA on that part but it might work.. just be a little careful getting the CA on the inner raises of the bearing.. might cause more problems in the future...

ORIGINAL: tkemme

Help!!!??

I'm putting together my new aluminum swash plate and in the eHirobo instructions it says the upper portion of the swash is a press fit through the bearing in the lower half. Mine just slides right through.......and then right back apart??[] It's not a sloppy fit, but isn't this going to separate in flight?[X(] Should I CA or locktite the joint?

Todd
Old 12-09-2006, 12:00 PM
GEORGE_32

HI!!! WELL WHAT I CAN SAY ....THE NEW HELI IS SUPER (COPTERX) ......I WISH I KNEW ABOUT THIS BEFORE[&:]

AND YES AN EXPENSIVE HELI NEEDS ALSO QUALITY SERVOS.....
I HAVE STARTED TO THINKING TO UPGRADE MINE ...BUT WAIT... I WILL WAIT FOR MY FIRST CRASH TO MAKE THE UPGRADE[X(] LOLOLOLOLOLOL
SONNEBEE
HAVE GOOD FLIGHTS!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.