Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

WALKERA 60

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 10:45 AM
james199

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WALKERA 60

HONEY BEE KING !!! I SAY AGAIN !!! HONEY BEE KING !!!!

THAT IS THE SWASHPLATE TO GET ....... NOT T-REX !!! IT IS A PERFICT FIT !! I GOT MINE FROM HELI-HOBBY PART NUMBER MH-HK120

JUST TESTED IT OUT AND WOW !!!
Old 06-28-2006, 10:53 AM
james199

I WOULD TAKE PICTURES BUT MY CAMERA JUST CRAPED OUT [:@]
Old 06-28-2006, 10:59 AM
soneebee

how does it fit james? post some pictures? does the balls fit too? I have heard news that there will be metal parts coming out for the DF60.. maybe in a week or two.. but i am not sure if the parts include the swash.. i think it will from swash to head.... well just have to wait?
Old 06-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Heine

Soneebee,

Yes this is the motor I got. Mine says 3000 not 3100 on the sticker, but serial # is the same so it must be the same motor.
You got it for a very good price.
Today I changed my pinion back to the 13T. It works very good with even more power than you saw on the video. I also set the rudder mix to 0 on the Tx. It works very good and the tail is now solid when I give throttle.

Regarding heat. The motor gets very warm - not as hot as the stock motor but still very hot. I can't compare since this is my first RC toy.
My guess is that the ALign 430L runs cooler as this has built in fans, but I am very happy with the 380S motor. As long as it is running I don't care much about temperature.

Let me know how it performs on your bird - prepare for massive power.

Br

Heine
Old 06-28-2006, 03:42 PM
james199

ORIGINAL: soneebee

how does it fit james? post some pictures? does the balls fit too? I have heard news that there will be metal parts coming out for the DF60.. maybe in a week or two.. but i am not sure if the parts include the swash.. i think it will from swash to head.... well just have to wait?

it fits GREATTTTTTTTTTT everything is GGGGRRREEEEEEEAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT !!!! i will take some pictures as soon as i get my camera fixed it pooped out when i try ed it early'er today..the balls everything fit's also it changed the way the 60 feels its more responsive and everythig there is no play in the swash its just toooooo sweeeeeettttttt !! now ..
Old 06-28-2006, 05:41 PM
mechdaddy

Well, after going through all the TX settings...I'm flying! I still only get about 6-8 inches off the ground, but hey...still learning. I know my pitch is still miserably low, but at least I'm getting off the ground. Is this maybe just the poor power of the brushed motor and Nimh battery? Thanks again for all your guidance and advice. I am really enjoying this new hobby of mine, and looking to sell off some of my former favorite hobby parts (computers) to buy more heli parts!

Thanks again,
Mechdaddy
Old 06-28-2006, 05:53 PM
james199

ORIGINAL: mechdaddy

Well, after going through all the TX settings...I'm flying! I still only get about 6-8 inches off the ground, but hey...still learning. I know my pitch is still miserably low, but at least I'm getting off the ground. Is this maybe just the poor power of the brushed motor and Nimh battery? Thanks again for all your guidance and advice. I am really enjoying this new hobby of mine, and looking to sell off some of my former favorite hobby parts (computers) to buy more heli parts!

Thanks again,
Mechdaddy

i still have the stock power and mine will GO UP until i cant see it
also make sure your tracking is dead on i found that if its off the bird wont fly very good at all and no hight [:'(]
Old 06-28-2006, 06:29 PM
james199

ORIGINAL: james199

HONEY BEE KING !!! I SAY AGAIN !!! HONEY BEE KING !!!!

THAT IS THE SWASHPLATE TO GET ....... NOT T-REX !!! IT IS A PERFICT FIT !! I GOT MINE FROM HELI-HOBBY PART NUMBER MH-HK120

JUST TESTED IT OUT AND WOW !!!
HERE IS SOME PIC'S
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87761.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	484326   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg15324.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	484327   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc78726.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	484328   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cv61183.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	484329   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wh58694.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	484330  
Old 06-28-2006, 09:02 PM
mechdaddy

Very nice. Thanks for the info.

Mechdaddy
Old 06-28-2006, 09:47 PM
soneebee

James it really looks good on the 60 perfect fit... it is made by microheli right? this is the same maker as the one we first was looking at.. man that thing rocks... and everything looks well fitted... next on you list is a good brusless and ESC..

this is another part that is good with that swash.. removes the slack on the bushings..
the mixing arm or washout...

Old 06-28-2006, 09:50 PM
soneebee

Thanks again,
Mechdaddy

mechdaddy have you already made adjustments mechanically? just aling all of it to 90° and it will lift.. make sure that the tracking is correct.. a well tracked blades give better control and easier lift... that should go higher than 20 ft even in brushed ... I guess you are lacking power.. are you using NiMh batteries? better replace them it might be the cause of no lift.....

Old 06-28-2006, 09:58 PM
soneebee

Soneebee,

Yes this is the motor I got. Mine says 3000 not 3100 on the sticker, but serial # is the same so it must be the same motor.
You got it for a very good price.
Today I changed my pinion back to the 13T. It works very good with even more power than you saw on the video. I also set the rudder mix to 0 on the Tx. It works very good and the tail is now solid when I give throttle.

Regarding heat. The motor gets very warm - not as hot as the stock motor but still very hot. I can't compare since this is my first RC toy.
My guess is that the ALign 430L runs cooler as this has built in fans, but I am very happy with the 380S motor. As long as it is running I don't care much about temperature.

Let me know how it performs on your bird - prepare for massive power.

Br

Heine

thats good to hear.. I am still waiting for it to arrive.. maybe in a couple of days or so.. hope it arrives before the weekend so i can test the performance of this motor... does it heat up your ESC that much?
Old 06-28-2006, 10:08 PM
james199

ORIGINAL: soneebee

James it really looks good on the 60 perfect fit... it is made by microheli right? this is the same maker as the one we first was looking at.. man that thing rocks... and everything looks well fitted... next on you list is a good brusless and ESC..

this is another part that is good with that swash.. removes the slack on the bushings..
the mixing arm or washout...

I HAD 14 flights this afternoon and yes it ROCKS !! yea the swash is from microheli .. i am going to upgrade to the brushless soon.. i guess i am also going to ebay some parts that i try ed and don't work on the 60 ..LOL.. any one need a swash for a trex put on never run...lol... the clips are TIGHT ! even after all the flights..i ant kidding the new swash really helped my bird with control its on the MONEY now
Old 06-28-2006, 10:10 PM
mechdaddy

Soneebee,
I think it may be the battery. A fellow RC enthusiast at work let me borrow his Accu-Cycle to check my batteries out...but I can't find any banana plugs to make a connection! [:@] I am going to an electronics shop tomorrow to see about getting some though. I may also be ordering my brushless/lipo/esc tomorrow as well, but I'd like to know if the NiMh is bad or not. I did check all my mechanicals, and they are good at 90. So I think it may be a servo or two not working properly. I am glad at least that I am able to get some air again with it. Small steps...Small steps.

Thanks,
Mechdaddy
Old 06-29-2006, 02:44 AM
Heine

Soneebee,

The motor heats up the ESC a bit, but not too much. It gets a bit warm but not hot. My Align ESC has a cut off temperature of 80 degrees, but it gets nowhere near that temperature. Now when I went back to using the 13T from the 11T I would expect the system to run a bit warmer. I wish I had a laser thermometer to check. I like the higher head speed and agressive lift so I still think it is worth it.
Still the motor temperature is cooler than the stock brush motor.

Br

Heine
Old 06-29-2006, 06:53 AM
soneebee

Soneebee,
I think it may be the battery. A fellow RC enthusiast at work let me borrow his Accu-Cycle to check my batteries out...but I can't find any banana plugs to make a connection! [:@] I am going to an electronics shop tomorrow to see about getting some though. I may also be ordering my brushless/lipo/esc tomorrow as well, but I'd like to know if the NiMh is bad or not. I did check all my mechanicals, and they are good at 90. So I think it may be a servo or two not working properly. I am glad at least that I am able to get some air again with it. Small steps...Small steps.

Thanks,
Mechdaddy

mechdaddy.. the Brushless set-up will do you good you will have more power and easier to hover.. I had problems then when i started but as i used brushless it became better.. and a good battery pack will be the best.. since this will supply the heli for better flight.. NiMh is okay but this only lasts a short flight time.. the beat i got from my NiMh was 5 mins.. at low hover.. but at 20 feet it only lasted 2-3 mins.. so its kinda short.. and will the momentum will be lost.. I would suggest that you also get a lipo battery.. the one I am using is 2200 mah it last 15 mins now after cycling.. but charging is alot longer aroung 2 hrs and 20 mins. at 1A charging... pretty normal...

I hope to see you progress with this hobby. i know it is frustrating at first but thru time you will learn alot... that what i did never stoped until i had my heli hovering and doing forward flights.. but i still dont have guts to do 3D.. its still off my list... i've tried at the Sims but i always crash so.. more practice..... higher and higer.. my goal now is 50 - 100 feet hover... with a few forward movements...
Old 06-29-2006, 07:03 AM
soneebee

ORIGINAL: Heine

Soneebee,

The motor heats up the ESC a bit, but not too much. It gets a bit warm but not hot. My Align ESC has a cut off temperature of 80 degrees, but it gets nowhere near that temperature. Now when I went back to using the 13T from the 11T I would expect the system to run a bit warmer. I wish I had a laser thermometer to check. I like the higher head speed and agressive lift so I still think it is worth it.
Still the motor temperature is cooler than the stock brush motor.

Br

Heine

My TP brushless does have good power but it lack torque i think.. i have substatial amount of lift.. but not aggresive.. I was looking for a motor that is aggressive so you can throttle up when in trouble and need the power to lift.. my brushless has the speed but not the power.. I am using an 11T pinion the motor does get hot but not like the brushed.. the ESC just warm to touch not really getting too hot so it run okay... I am waiting for my brushless motor to arrive.. i give it a good 3-5 days to before it arrives I have to see the power the walkera motor gives out... can you post a video of the power it give at 13T
Old 06-29-2006, 08:54 AM
buacc

Walkera Metal Parts for Walkear #60

Include swasplate and blades holder set

Name:	Mk25043.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	484562  
Old 06-29-2006, 10:18 AM
soneebee

The new DF60 carries the 7ch RX and teh G007 gyro... I guess they upgraded not only the alum head but the electrics too... the alum head look like the one on the DF61 & 62.. even the design... will the new design be better than the previous version
Old 06-29-2006, 11:10 AM
buacc

I will get this heli these few days. Then i can said what's the different.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:20 AM
soneebee

there will be a great difference I have looking at the mechnicals on the new head.. some kind of mixing.. non standard .. I think walkera made some modification on the bellhiller type head and came up with there own design.. it seem to be good but I think it this heli gets into a crash the head parts will surely be the first to be replaced.... it looks promising.. let us know the performance of this new design head...
Old 06-29-2006, 02:55 PM
ANDYPINE

hi guys, new to this. found this for the king/cool from buzzflyer.co.uk looks to be the same sort of setup as the #60? its not out yet (price,t,b,a) but it looks allot better than the df one.cool site, a lot of good info,hope to add some of my own if i ever get all the parts i need at once b4 i crash it again,haha
[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]

Name:	Om31999.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	484714   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96050.jpg
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	484715   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze85749.jpg
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	484716   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qk22282.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	484717  
Old 06-29-2006, 05:39 PM
SUPER BEE

Hello All,

I switched over to my Futaba 8U & rx to put in my 60 now the elevator is backwards if I reverse the elevator servo it screws up all the CCPM mixing. I know some of you other have put in different radios did you run into anything like this?

On the original Walkera reciever the servo that plugs into # 1 on RX plugs into # 2 on the Futaba RX an vise versa.

Also are the trex servos laid out different than the 60 I'm worried because I plane to buy one of them also I hope I can get this radio to work correct. Any idea's?

Have been talking with Futaba but havn't figured it out yet.

Thanks Super Bee
Old 06-29-2006, 05:56 PM
consultjdm

Super bee,

you can try reversing the servos in the futaba menu or setup the swash settings negative.

I start out by using servo reverseing to get left / right and front /back correct. then I use positive or negative numbers in the collective mixing to get the swash pitch to go the right direction when I increase and decrease the throttle.

I hope that helps.

JD

PS, I just had to redo my TX settings last night on my DX6 when I switched to Hitec (HS-55) servos on my swash, they are backwards to the DF 60 walkera servos.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:15 PM
SUPER BEE

Hi JD,

Heres the settings I have in there now. if I just try to reverse the elevator servo it's screws up the mixing I have moved the % in the mixing around but it seem to still screw it up.

Channel Order: Aileron 1 = CH1, Aileron 2 = CH6, an Elevator = Ch2
In PARA. select HELI SWH2
Activate PMIX-1, mix PIT>ELE, +100% +100%, OFST 0%, and SW-A NULL
Activate PMIX-2, mix ELE>PIT, -30% -30%, LINK ON, TRIM ON, OFST 0%, and SW-A NULL Inhibit HOV-PI

Thanks AGain,
Super Bee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.