Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

WALKERA 60

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 12:39 PM
consultjdm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WALKERA 60

Codicave, yes like that UBEC.

UBEC-5A-HV ($25.00) - one like this is switchable between 5v and 6v and puts out 5Amp continous current. Some gyro's cannot handle 6 volts and normal servo's that operate at 4.8V will get hot using 6V. So be carefull you know what your servo's and Gyro want as far as volts or just make it easy and get one that has a jumper to switch it to either 5V or 6V and 5 or 6 amps of output current so that way if you go to digital servos you can just change the UBEC's setting.

JD
Old 03-25-2009, 04:16 PM
woods2007

a local USA online store RcCarMax has full line of Walkera Helis
www.RcCarMax.com
Latest version 60#B in stock
Old 03-26-2009, 08:49 AM
codicave

cheers for that JD
I didnt not know that about digtal servos ( i learn something new everyday)
got my new standed walkera 180l today in post , scored it for $20 the other day on ebay
ill fire it up on weekend and see how that goes
cheers again for all the info
Old 04-08-2009, 10:53 AM
codicave

hi all
it seems to have slowed down around here
ANY ONE OUT THERE?
ok figured all the problems out
problem one was that dam mystery ESC cause i got a other RCTIMER ESC off ebay hooked it up all works fine with the walkera tx and rx
flys sweet as, just have a little vibe around 40% thottle . cant figure out where its coming from i have checked every thing , i do know its blades , cause with out them
it spinns up to full thottle and the heli dont even move . i have tried to balance them they seem balance our is this just stock plastic blades.?
and can we get away with 300mm blades???
the pic below is for any one that whats to know a cheap 40A ESC from EBAY and really cheap that works with walkera rx as i have found some that dont work like MYSTERY

JD
the BEC did work but i was thinking if i was having trouble on the ground with the mystery ESC i sould not use it on the heli just to be safe ..lol
ok guys heres a laugh for you (DAVES BUM ASSH MOMENT)BUT goes for all newbies
upgraded the head the other night got up to where i had no blades or flybar paddles on it but had the flybar in the head
and i in my wisdom i spun up the head
but i had forgot to do up the flybar
do you need me to go on .ok i will
yes the flybar came flying out and land 10mm in my GODDAM LEFT ARM
it all good tho i did not brake the heli and the flybar is still straigt lol

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75104.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	1175711  
Old 04-08-2009, 01:19 PM
consultjdm

codicave,

I'm glade to hear you got it running good.

are you balancing the blades both ways? Blade to blade and tip to root?

JD
Old 04-09-2009, 11:22 AM
codicave

jd
if you mean C of G on both blades are the same yes and both weight is the same
I HAVE even made the blade bolts the same weight
not really fussed about it as it still flys sweet and it is about 40%to 45% thottle below lift off speed
got some carbon ones coming and next week i am going to order some fibre glass 300mm blade and see how they work out

happy flying and good weather too all
Old 06-10-2009, 08:01 PM
EugeneFlorida

Just got my Walkera #60 not "B' 

Are the  canopy Screws a Left hand thread ?

What size socket fit  it?

Thanks for the help
Old 06-17-2009, 11:26 AM
JAG Hobbies

We are currently clearing out some Walkera Creata 400 and HM60#B inventory.  We are offering the helicopters at $299.00 with $50.00 in free parts with every helicopter purchased.  We have also lowered the price on all of our Walkera parts.  These items are in stock in the US and will ship out the day after payment is received. 

Thanks,
Jim
JAG Hobbies
www.jaghobbies.com
Old 12-01-2009, 11:21 PM
soneebee

wow these thread has been buried in a couple of pages.. I guess the DF60 is not a hot heli nowadays. but is still one of the legend helis that came out..
Old 12-02-2009, 12:17 AM
consultjdm

Hi soneebee.

I hope your well.

Jd
Old 12-03-2009, 12:13 AM
soneebee

Hi JD,

how are you doin? hope everything's fine...
are you still flying?
Old 12-03-2009, 09:53 AM
consultjdm

I'm doing good soneebee who bout you. I bet you have a bunch of new heli's.

I fly most weeks

jd
Old 12-08-2009, 02:45 AM
soneebee

JD,

well same helis that i had before.. nothings change I guess.. been flying every weekend but my skills seems to come to a standstill... have not progressed more than what I can do before.. mainly hovering and some sport flying.

I am still flying the Black Angel.. have been testing it out looking for bugs. but it seems to be a more stable and reliable heli. Have you increased your fleet? I am sure you got some new big and small helis around....

Have you tested out the Sport and PRO, both heli are nice quick i guess, a little hard for me to control. but it is a well built heli.
We are also testing the Philippine made heli. The helis is really well built no doubt nothing short than superb and for the gasser version to do 3D... man I was amazed.. We tried using the stock zenoah 23CC and it can do 3D... wow for a big 6KG heli.. it performs really good. But I really loved when i tested out the E-version. darn thing has so much power its like flying a 450 size heli on a 90 size jumbo.... the motor has so much power that you really love its speed.. and cyclic controls is really spot on. for something that large and carrying a 4.7HP motor.. darn thing just leaps....

this is one of the latest flights we had last weekend and the other...
am stills stuck on hovering and some loops and rolls... need to focus more on flights and less on bench work

T450 Sport

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFrHAuhnJKM[/link]

CPX Black Angel

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2j5rVmtkvE[/link]

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoancIb5t_4[/link]

and the Philippine made MX9

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikL5flqkMzQ[/link]

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKtYSxzQ97o[/link]
Old 12-08-2009, 09:54 AM
consultjdm

Soneebee,

Great vids. I bought a new 22e to get the 2.4ghz version. I think you know I bought a couple tiny helis for indoors. A co axle and a fixed pitch palm size.

how much is that big heli?

It looked real good.

JD
Old 12-08-2009, 08:46 PM
soneebee

Oh.... you got another 22E... is the new version better than the previous ones?
The large one the MX9 the kit costs a around $1K its a 90 size... but for the complete
one with engine and electronics it goes around $2.5K but its really a good heli.. 3D wise its
a large gasser heli. for the E version it will be cheaper by a few $ but the kit costs around the
$900 range.... it is really well built. the materials used on that heli is topnotch even the CF frame
are really good. The aluminum parts are all well machined as the maker of the heli has
his own machine shop with all the precision CNC equipment.

here are some photos of the MX9

For the paint job and the canopy of the MX9 we did it for the manufacturer... My brother did all the painting
and the fiberglass molding...

ORIGINAL: consultjdm

Soneebee,

Great vids. I bought a new 22e to get the 2.4ghz version. I think you know I bought a couple tiny helis for indoors. A co axle and a fixed pitch palm size.

how much is that big heli?

It looked real good.

JD
Old 12-08-2009, 09:43 PM
consultjdm

Soneebee,
it looks great and some nifty parts.

The 22e is the same except the radio frequency.
JD
Old 01-08-2010, 04:54 PM
manila_eagle
My Feedback: (16)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

This is my first post in this tread. I consider myself a beginner in this hobby and currently own a DF60 (RTF) with an upgrade of Exceed brushless motor, 30A brushless ESC.

I am at the edge of giving up after endless tweaking and testing and still could not control the DF60 with ease, which makes it very difficult for me to learn even just to hover. It seems that this DF has most of the problems I read in this tread. It seems it needs some drastic move, so base on what I have read in this tread I decided to replace most of original electronics.

I am thinking of replacing the following items such as the stock servos with Futaba S3114 servos, the WK-G010 gyro with Futaba GY520 gyro, and the original TX/RCV system with Futaba 7C 2.4 GHz. Heli system transmitter and Futaba R617FS receiver. I am also installing the metal upgrade (not installed) kit that came with the DF60.

Is there anyone has the same or similar set up that makes a lot of positive change on the performance of the DF60?

Comments and suggestion are welcome.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 01-08-2010, 06:27 PM
oilyamps

I got mine to the stage where I can hover quite steady and just carefully fly around, so I'm still a newbie too. But my (old model) DF60 got to be tamed really well, mainly by changing to a computer Tx where I could change rates and expo. It made all the difference. Even still using the brushed motor! Original gyro too, but adjusted it a bit. So your proposed upgrades are good, but can be worked on in stages, the Tx being the first change tho imho.
I also have a metal head kit, not installed yet cos I didn't need to.
There will be more suggestions from much more experienced fellas than me, but I lift off, note what it does and adjust the trims accordingly to get it almost hovering on lift-off.
I do need to correct any mad yaws and skittering etc during liftoff, but once its about a foot high, I let go the sticks and see what it does, then adjust trims. You get to predict how its gunna behave during liftoff, and tame it quite easily. But its different (easier) once it is in the air and trimmed. Enjoy!
Adrian
Old 01-08-2010, 09:01 PM
consultjdm

the thing should hover just the way it is. maybe you could have somebody who knows how to fly take a quick look at it. Hovering and mild manuvers is what it is good for.

Good luck,
Jd
Old 01-09-2010, 08:36 AM
robtangie
My Feedback: (2)

Ben,
The DF-60 is very hard to master for any beginner as it is quick and very reactive requiring very small stick inputs, but it can be done. A few years ago I too started off with a 60 and because the laws of gravity are unforgiving I desperately tried to keep mine in the air by forming a cushion of dollar bills under it (any denomination will work)... But in the long run I found the easiest way to keep it in the air is practice, practice, and more practice... While you mention you are a beginner you don't allow us a time frame for us to judge your level of entry so I'm assuming you just need more practice at trimming and tweaking the heli to bring it under control.
Yes while it is true the older 60s suffered many problems they could be very good helis with a few upgrades. Your upgrade list seems tip notch and may well allow you a bit more control of the heli but keep in mind that a heli of this size is tough to control as any pilot will tell you. It was once described to me as "balancing a ball bearing on a piece of glass" and a better description I've not heard since.
But Walkera has come a long way it the past few years and the 60B (brushless and metal version) they sell today with the 2801 computerized radios are of quite good quality... Here is a nice review from a good pilot- http://rcfriends.createforum.com/wal...tips-t599.html and an excellent video of his "maiden" flight of the same 60-B (he is an excellent pilot)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hqGSEFHBBc
Good luck with your upgrades and stick with it because soon it will all come to you...
Regards,
Rob.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:27 AM
manila_eagle
My Feedback: (16)

Thank you for all your input Adrian, JD & Rob. I will let you know the outcome of the upgrade. Have a nice weekend!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:23 AM
earthb67

ORIGINAL: robtangie

A few years ago I too started off with a 60 and because the laws of gravity are unforgiving I desperately tried to keep mine in the air by forming a cushion of dollar bills under it (any denomination will work)... But in the long run I found the easiest way to keep it in the air is practice, practice, and more practice...
LOLRob!!! Cushion of dollar bills!

I have just started with a 60 (also my first RC heli ever). It's not the B version, it has plastic head, brushed motor, etc. It is 2.4G. FWIW, it flew straight out the box, no problem at all. I, however, did not even turn a blade in anger until I had spent a few days on the sim, so I second Rob's advice here.

I have been going since christmas, and am just about ready to start left-in / right-in hovers, then try nose in eventually. I find the 60to be very responsive (and I am doing all this practice in 'normal' flight mode).

The only problem I had, was the tail rotor servo horn coming loose and not allowing any right yaw. This was easilly fixed (once I worked out what the problem was!).

I have read countless Walkera flamer posts around varios forums, but I think my 60 represents excellent value and is a great first heli for someone that wants to jump straight into a non-coaxial CP heli. There was no way I could ever afford a trex to start with, but I am sure I will move on to other helis as my skills improve (well, develop actually !).
Old 11-03-2010, 03:54 AM
soneebee

WOW this thread is hard to find.. its been on the edge of the walkera thread... How are the guys here now? I just came and visit the thread back again...
Old 11-03-2010, 08:39 AM
consultjdm

Hi soneebee,

I still have a working 60, lol.
which trex clone are you flying now soneebee?

JD
Old 11-03-2010, 05:23 PM
earthb67

Hi Soneebee. I have been somewhat quiet lately with so many other things going on, and have not been flying much at all. My 60 is still going strong. I upgraded to brushless motor / ESC when the brushed one finally gave out (not long after purchase). I have not crashed it yet, but then again, I have only been basic hovering. Taking it slow!

Cheers,

Adrian.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.