Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

#5-4 reciever problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 10:25 AM
fatjack007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default #5-4 reciever problem

I have two model 5-4 lamas. Motor went bad on one of them so I bought new motors. I soldered the wiring and resistors on the same way as the old motors which matches the other heli. When I plugged in the motors to the board and hit the throttle the esc fried! Everything matched the other lama so I tried another motor and new board,double checked to make sure everything matched the other lama and the same thing happened! The rear motor seems to be the cause but having tried two different motors I can't figure it out! Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated as buying recievers is getting expensive! The other 5-4 is great! It flies great with only a top blade tracking adjustment out of the box.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:07 PM
SergeyK

Default RE: #5-4 reciever problem

First, the thing on top of the motor is not a resistor, but a diode. It is used to prevent the motor from generating the opposite voltage while breaking. So it is very impotrant in what direction this diode is soldered on the motor and it should be in the opposite direction than on the second motor. Your description is consistent with what would happen if you solder this diode wrong way.
Try first without the diode at all. If everything works, solder it later.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:46 PM
fatjack007

Default RE: #5-4 reciever problem

Thanks for the info,I will try that but just from looking at the one that runs and the way the other one is soldered I suspect you are right!