Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 36- some problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 03:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 36- some problems

Hello,

I just got my Walkera 36 from Ebay with a Brushless setup and 2200 li-po batteries.

Please help me with my problems!

Firstly, I tightened some screws up and checked if anything seemed wrong (being a newb I didn't have much to look for) and the tail rotor just flew off. I glued it back and got the thing to fly a couple of times but had a big crash and this is what happened.

1) The tail rotor broke, beyond repair, so I will have to order a new one. Also, you know the little holder that you screw the rotor onto? It broke, and here's a problem. There's a ball bearing-type thing inside it, and a screw that goes through the bearing and into the heli. However, there appears to be another bearing attached to the little metal rod (pardon the newb language) that keeps this "holder" from moving. I looked up the part # but can't find it. In other words, are there four ball bearings in total for the tail rotors? What's the part name/number for the inside one?

2) The main rotor blades broke. That's easy to fix (order new ones). However, the two plastic things that allow for the rotors to be controlled snapped, so I'm considering an aluminum upgrade. Is this worth the $60 aside from the fact that it will prevent future damage?

3) Here are some less conspicuous issues. First of all, the main gear (there are two- one larger on top, and the smaller below- it's really big) is really oily on the cogs. Is this normal? It seems like something is wearing off. Also, VERY IMPORTANT: as I move the main blades round and round, it seems as though for about 3/4 of each rotation it's a little harder to move than the other 1/4, in which case I only have to "tap" the blades. In other words, there's a varying degree of resistance. Is this bad for the motor?

Also, where the main cogwheel is connected with the smaller one (which leads to the tail rotor cogwheel connected to the rubber thing through the shaft) they are not perfectly aligned- in other words, one is a little below the other- they still catch, but not perfectly even.

Sorry about all the wording, if you want me to clarify any of my questions let me know. I am very discouraged about the crash and because of my OCD and little problem (which may be pre-conceived and there really isn't one) can cause me a great deal of worry.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Bubba in NV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera 36- some problems

I have the EXACT same problem with my new 36 losing the larger bearing fron the tail rotor blade holder. Its been 4 weeks and I have not found a good part number yet. I ordered EVERY bearing kit for the 36 and that one was not one of them.

Here is a pic of what I have..

I am like you... HELP, anyone please... I even send Walkera several messages and did not get a reply. I hate to throw it away for a 2 buck bearing. It flew great for almost 90 seconds before the tail rotor blade holder came off.

NOTE...............

I have since this post discovered RC and ME. They deal in Walkera products. The part number you need is

Walkera Dragonfly 36 Parts
HM-36-Z-23
SKU: Tail Shaft Set

We have the 36-z model.....

Bubba Pate
Nevada