Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 60 Cnc Head Setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 04:46 AM
paulp01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 60 Cnc Head Setup

Does anyone know how to adjust the servo throws to accommodate the cnc head. I have fitted three TowerPro servos (9g) and with the new head, full travel is reached when the throttle is only half way. Also the front servo moves more than the rear one causing the head to tip forwards when throttle is applied. I would imagine the whole swash assembly should move in a uniform manner?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42811.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	505525  
Old 08-11-2006, 07:11 AM
paulp01

Default RE: Walkera 60 Cnc Head Setup

Ok, another two hours playing with this and I seem to have fixed the servo throw distances by adjusting the pit values. Also the front servo linkage was one hole out on the arm which was causing the pull on the front.

Spins up ok, the only thing now is to adjust the pitch of the blades. At stop they are about -5, 0 at half throttle and +11 around full. Is there a way to change them to 0 to +11 through the range to stop the thing slamming downwards when below half throttle and keep the full range of servo movement?

Old 08-11-2006, 07:13 AM
soneebee

What do you have? is that a DF60C? or just updated the DF60
Old 08-11-2006, 07:16 AM
soneebee

I have my settings on -1°, 3°, 11° and it is not binding. on the head set teh travel on the TX to halfway only increasing it will increase the throw of pitch to above 15°. I think you have to check and set all the mechanicals equal and the electrics to all center

ORIGINAL: paulp01

Ok, another two hours playing with this and I seem to have fixed the servo throw distances by adjusting the pit values. Also the front servo linkage was one hole out on the arm which was causing the pull on the front.

Spins up ok, the only thing now is to adjust the pitch of the blades. At stop they are about -5, 0 at half throttle and +11 around full. Is there a way to change them to 0 to +11 through the range to stop the thing slamming downwards when below half throttle and keep the full range of servo movement?

Old 08-11-2006, 07:25 AM
paulp01

Hi

This is a DF60 upgraded to brushless with cnc head, cnc tail, carbon blades and an align 315 tail boom.

I set the swashplate so that the flybar ball was at half way travel in the head. Then I set the servos level and adjusted the linkages and pit values so that throttle min to max pulls the ball to the bottom of the head assembly and with inverse flight selected throttle min to max pulls the ball to the top of the assembly to give it the full range of motion without the servos struggling. Problem is, there dosn't seem to be any play in the linkages as they are at the minimum setting on the head?
Old 08-11-2006, 07:38 AM
soneebee

What are you getting at 3D mode? I set my swashplate also to center to make the travel equal to both 3d and normal mode. currently I have it at -1°,3-4°, 11° and at 3D it is -10°,-1°,11° havent really made any adjustment yet to center 3D mode but just a few turn will do the centering. I also got the TP servos as setup on my DF60 complete with all the CF and tail assembly for testing, but I dont have the same problems as you encountered it..

Hi

This is a DF60 upgraded to brushless with cnc head, cnc tail, carbon blades and an align 315 tail boom.

I set the swashplate so that the flybar ball was at half way travel in the head. Then I set the servos level and adjusted the linkages and pit values so that throttle min to max pulls the ball to the bottom of the head assembly and with inverse flight selected throttle min to max pulls the ball to the top of the assembly to give it the full range of motion without the servos struggling. Problem is, there dosn't seem to be any play in the linkages as they are at the minimum setting on the head?
Old 08-11-2006, 08:03 AM
paulp01

Have now adjusted the rotor head ball linkages to the top most (inner link) and the inside link(flybar link) which seems to give around -1,-2 degrees at throttle off. At full throttle pitch is around +12 but this seems far better than before. Will replace the cf blades and balance them before giving it a test run as they have a nasty chip in one of them which makes balancing impossible. At least the pitch angles are in the same ballpark as yours now.

Thanks again
Old 08-11-2006, 08:12 AM
soneebee

When I adjusted the pitch to make it correct and set all the links as equal as possible. I loosen up the screws on the blade grips and turned the grips until i got the correct pitch angle and also made the tracking equal. so my links are all equal in length and even my swash is 90° flat okay.. so it is running very stable. Had a good flight this morning and all seems to be right on the dot.. better tru adjusting the blade grip holder screws and set all the links as equal as possible.. also the ball snaps only one way so you have make sure youll make full 360° turns on the links

Have now adjusted the rotor head ball linkages to the top most (inner link) and the inside link(flybar link) which seems to give around -1,-2 degrees at throttle off. At full throttle pitch is around +12 but this seems far better than before. Will replace the cf blades and balance them before giving it a test run as they have a nasty chip in one of them which makes balancing impossible. At least the pitch angles are in the same ballpark as yours now.

Thanks again
Old 08-11-2006, 10:18 AM
paulp01

Hi,

The blade grips have a flat at the bottom, so this stops me rotating them. I assume your head must be different?
This would have been a great way of adjusting the blade pitch and probably saved me having to reset all the links on the head again.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:19 AM
soneebee

I am not sure of the flat on the bottom that your head has.. but the last time i mades changes on the pitch I just rotated the blade grips i just loosen the screws that holds it and the mixing arm and made chages to it.. well that is what i did this morning when I checked my pitch it was not correct but after using the pitch gauge and rotated on of the grips that was off.. now it is okay

this is the one that i loosen and adjusted.. mine does not have a flat bottom so i can rotate it 360°

Where did you get you alum head? did you get it from Walkera?

Hi,

The blade grips have a flat at the bottom, so this stops me rotating them. I assume your head must be different?
This would have been a great way of adjusting the blade pitch and probably saved me having to reset all the links on the head again.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:15 PM
paulp01

My head looks identical to that, only the blade holders have a flat edge which stop it rotating.
The head is supposed to be a genuine Walkera part, mind you I only received it a few weeks ago. Perhaps they have changed the design slightly?
As an aside, do you know where, and if you can get parts for them?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65477.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	505667  
Old 08-11-2006, 06:46 PM
soneebee

Yup the parts are available already if you want you can got to eHirobo.com for the replacement parts on this head. here ill post the link for you

[link]http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/index.php?cPath=82_113&page=2[/link]

My head looks identical to that, only the blade holders have a flat edge which stop it rotating.
The head is supposed to be a genuine Walkera part, mind you I only received it a few weeks ago. Perhaps they have changed the design slightly?
As an aside, do you know where, and if you can get parts for them?
Old 08-12-2006, 01:48 PM
paulp01

Thanks for the link.

Have just ordered a spare rotor head, more blades and one of those dinky little elf motors & esc. I did read a post somewhere that stated, flying electric helicopters as a hobby is more of a mechanical pastime and I wouldn't disagree with that.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:12 PM
soneebee

If you need the manual for the ESC i finshed making it give me a PM and your email Ill send you a copy so you can program the ESC. its quite simple to program it and it will run the outrunner motor better. I think youll love the power of the small outrunner motor. Waht blades did you get? I think the CF blades are good made some review of those in the pasts. the manufacturer kinda made good matching of those CF's and for its price its good.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:48 AM
paulp01

I ordered the carbonhobby main, tail and flybar paddles. I already had a pair which are far superior to the foam ones, which are of a poor quality. Unfortunately, the end split whilst hovering a little too close to a tree! The spare foam set they included in the box actually exploded on spinup which did wonders for the old plastic head assembly. I did order a replacement set of foam originally, but was a little sceptical as they rattle if you shake them so there's no chance of putting these on.

The manual for the esc would be great though. Will pm shortly.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:51 AM
soneebee

paul i can send you the ESC manual just PM me your email addy.. the Carbonhobby blades are still working for he I think i still have 2 pairs of the glass fiber, and 1 pairs of the carbon fiber and 2 pairs of the fiber ones, ill try to place one on the 36 and see how it works out.. this blades are balanced quite well did a blance test with this CarbonHobby blades and it seem to be good and matched..
Old 08-25-2006, 07:44 AM
dannybee

Do you know how to set the walkera 60 up for beginners i have manage to get it flying a few times but i find the controlls can be a little over sensitive! please help
Old 08-25-2006, 07:47 AM
soneebee

Well it is really sensitive since the design of the head was really made that way.. you can limit the PIT values so collective can be lessen so that the movement is not that responsive..

ORIGINAL: dannybee

Do you know how to set the walkera 60 up for beginners i have manage to get it flying a few times but i find the controlls can be a little over sensitive! please help
Old 08-25-2006, 12:07 PM
paulp01

Received the new Esc and Elf 4200kv motor, only the spline was beveled :-(

Anyway, they have offered to ship another motor for $15 so I will wait for that to arrive now. I can almost get a hover with very little input from the transmitter now, so the hours of setting the thing up have finally paid off!