Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

Cant take off with Walkera HM22E

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Cant take off with Walkera HM22E

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 01:31 PM
strekoza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant take off with Walkera HM22E

Just got this magnificent helicopter and it rotates and tilts its blades and responces to all of the controls, but even if I put the throttle to the fullest it does not take off, the wind from the rotor is strong enought to blow little object in the room and once it even flipped over when I went too crazy on the right stick,
I would think it is some kind of a begginer problem, any suggestion guys?
Old 08-23-2006, 02:49 AM
Charlie

Default RE: Cant take off with Walkera HM22E

Chances are it's your battery, get yourself a good charger, these wall chargers aren't much good. New batteries should be cycled three or four time, but it's pretty hard to do that if you don't have a battery cycler. You can cycle it by running it down and charging it up , but that's not really the right way of doing it (but it will work), but like I said, you should have a good charger.

I have a Hummingbird that did the same thing when it was new, I cycled the battery with a cycler and it worked great after that.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:07 PM
sonofsam

Default RE: Cant take off with Walkera HM22E

It's probably not your battery. I think it might be the angle of your blades isn't large enough. A few easy ways to check would be to have a friend hold the helicopter while you increase throttle. Have the other person tell you if the helicopter is pulling at all. If it's not, unplug your motor from the receiver (little red plug) and increase throttle while looking at the angle of the blades. At zero throttle, the angle should be zero and it should increase to about 10 degrees I think. If the angle isn't increasing enough, you have to change the length of the ball joint linkages to make sure that they are tilting the blades enough. This means removing the ball join and twisting it to either make it longer or shorter.