Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

DF36 tail prob, dips 5&6, what do they do?

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

DF36 tail prob, dips 5&6, what do they do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 10:00 AM
davenraithatha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DF36 tail prob, dips 5&6, what do they do?

Hi guys, im very confused about what dip switches 5 and 6 do, basically i have the problem that with the avcs on the tail keeps swinging to the left even when the trim is all the way on the left. So i was doing some reading on avcs on the forum and something about revo mixing came up, what is it and what does it have to do with avcs? And does any of this have anything to do with my tail yaw problem? (im very confused)

Any help appreciated
Old 12-22-2006, 05:52 PM
cyclicoverload

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DF36 tail prob, dips 5&6, what do they do?

OK, revo is the radio mixing some tail rotor in as you advance the throttle up in order to keep the nose straight while you add power. When you add power you also add tourqe, in order to keep the nose stright you will have to add some oposit tail rotor input as you advance the throttle, the radio can do this for you.
SW no. 5 is for the aux. gear switch on the TX, it is a servo reverse switch and not used.
SW no. 6 is for pitch servo reversing (back left swashplate servo)
Servo reversing is the radio changing the direction the servo moves in relation to stick movement.SW no. 5 and 6 should be off.
Turn that AVSC sw on the gyro off and put the gain to about 50-60% now turn your radio on and put SW no.12 in the on position. Turn V1 to 0 (in the mid) turn V2 to 0 (in the mid). And turn SW no. 12 off
Now turn on your heli and check to make sure the tail rotor servo and linkage is in the mid of its travel, adj. if needed.
Try that and let me know how it goes.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:45 AM
davenraithatha

Thanks for the reply but im a bit confused because my Tx only has 10 dip switches. Also does 'gain' = throttle

Thanks
Old 12-23-2006, 12:18 PM
neweheliflyer

[link=http://www.hjnet2000.com/index.php?View=entry&CategoryID=5&EntryID=29]Walkera No. 36 RC Helicopter transmitter dip switches (factory default)[/link]
Old 12-23-2006, 10:56 PM
cyclicoverload

Use that link there, and no gain refers to the amount of control the gyro has on the tail rotor servo. 0% gain=no gyro influence and 100% gain is the gyro with total control of the tail rotor servo.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:22 AM
davenraithatha

Ok thanks. But also once i do this then will i have to do it again when i fit the brushless motor or will the setting be then same for both motors. And once i have done all those instructions and reset the servo linkages etc do i then switch the AVCS switch back on, because i prefer flying with it on?

Thanks
Old 12-24-2006, 02:30 PM
cyclicoverload

You will need to fine tune it to your new motor but now that you've done it it will be easy.Yes if you want to use AVCS just flip it on after.