Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

Walkera #5-5 palm size coaxial helicopter

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera #5-5 palm size coaxial helicopter

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 12:48 AM
NE hack pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera #5-5 palm size coaxial helicopter

I'm new to rc helicopters and this forum and have learned alot reading many of your posts. I recently purchased an Esky Lama 3 and have enjoyed the ease of flight and the quick response to inputs. My question is about the Walkera #5-5 palm size coaxial helicopter. What are your opinions about this helicopter? Is it worth the money, durable etc...? I am looking at it because I would like somthing capable of flying in smaller spaces than the Lama. Thanks for your opinions in advance!
Old 01-01-2007, 09:49 AM
cyclicoverload

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Walkera #5-5 palm size coaxial helicopter

I think the quality of that heli is just as good as any of the coaxial heli's, Thay all seem about the same as far as that goes. I checked it for x-mas for my son and thought is was a nice well made little heli. I did not get becuse it was a little out of my price range for an x-mas preasent. But i did fly it at the LHS and it flew very good.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:54 AM
NE hack pilot

I think it's a bit expensive also, but if the quality is good and it flies well it seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the response.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:34 PM
cyclicoverload

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You wont be sorry its a fine set up, and will last you a long time. The quality is a little better than than the E-Flight CV coaxial heli wich has thin landing gear that breaks very easy, as well as some other parts that are a little thin. Good luck with it and let me know if you need any thing after you get it.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:33 AM
thedonnn

I have had mine for 3 weeks now the bird seems fine if pricy the tx feels cheap and the insides look cheap and the odd resister on the yaw pot seems out of place and the gyro does nothing as far as I can tell(related to pot fix?)
however I too can find nothing in its size range (8-10 inch dia rotor) that comes close.
it seems very nimble but controlable even if I cant control it yet...(no heading hold is proving to be a real ^$#@$% problem)[:@]
and unless Ive been told wrong my computer futaba wont work ....any info out there???
so thats my story ...rc group forums seem to hate walkera electonics....go read there too
Old 01-22-2007, 05:44 AM
o0dekker0o

I'm trying to figure out what frequencies people have over the world for the Walkera heli's. I live in UK so we use 35 Mhz, what do you guys use in the USA (72 Mhz ?), Europe, south america, Asia, etc can you let me know please ?

cherio! [&:]
Old 01-23-2007, 01:47 AM
thedonnn

try this link for the usa
http://rcsource.hobbypeople.net/faqs/freqlist.htm

[8D]
Old 01-23-2007, 08:53 AM
racoonster

I have the Walkera #5 version 4, which is the full size (??) model, with the 13.5 inch rotors and 14.5 inch body length. It Seems to be the same as the E-sky Lama, Megatech Housefly, Venom Ocean Rescue, Selective Pegasus, etc.

I like it alot!! Especially since it was about $99, or maybe $115 delivered. Just a little bit of adjusting on one ball link to get the trim adjuster closer to mid point, and I could hover close to the ground, land and take off without falling over, go in the direction I wanted, etc. And I have never been able to control all the little "toy" counter rotating models. So this beginner is pleased!

The little fake winglets on the tail broke off already, because one side was crushed and cracked in shipping, and the other when a hobby store owner flew it to an unprepared pilot to catch it from the air, and he fumbled. And I'm probably better off with out them, as they are just useless decoration and effect balance very little.

I don't fly my inside my home, because I have so many obstructions, and this thing has the potential to do some damage at high blade speeds, both to itself and soft things, like heads.

But I am now thinking about the #5-5 for true indoor use. Especially if it is as controllable as its bigger brother.

I'm interested to see if this works out for someone!!