Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 5#4 flies unstable

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 02:50 AM
naz_playa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 5#4 flies unstable

Hello;

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I have a Walkera 5#4. Whenever I fly the heli does funny things. When I am just 2m above the ground the heli will just suddenly full throttle and I have no control over it for a few seconds.

Sheeww... recovered that one. Then again about 1m from the ground it just suddenly decides to go left and spin out of control. Crashed into wall ;(

It also sometimes seems very unstable when trying to hover (it swings).

I have checked the batteries in the transmitter - they all seem fine, the heli is about 3 weeks old, and been charged about 10 times. Has a LiPo battery in heli.

Help me - How do I fix this problem?

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Thank you.
naz
Old 02-08-2007, 09:57 AM
fatjack007

Default RE: Walkera 5#4 flies unstable

Where do you have your antenna run? It sounds like an interference problem. Make sure your antenna is out of the canopy and if you put it around your skids make sure not to overlap it. Try this and see if it helps. Also make sure to power on tx first and put throttle and throttle trim all the way down and then plug in battery and leave the heli undisturbed until you get a solid green light. Then you should be good to go.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:44 AM
naz_playa

Hi;

The antenna is out of the canopy. I have it colied on both sides of the landing gear / skids. What do you mean by "don't overlap it"? It is so long I have to do a few turns on the skids. And I start up in the sequence with trims, etc. as you mentioned.

Also I've noticed that when i give slight throttle the B blade spins and sounds good and the A blade does not spin at all.

It is only after I give a bit more throttle that the A blade also starts to spin (with a noise that doesn't sound good) with lot vibration.

I also tried switching on the Tx, swithing on heli, and waiting. After a few seconds the heli takes of about half a meter in the air does a few turns and stops and drops down (this is all random things it does).

Could this give a hint of another problem? I am totally clueless on how to fix this.

Any help??

Thanks;
Naz
Old 02-09-2007, 08:10 AM
fatjack007

You have to make sure there is no mechanical reason,i.e. bent shafts,stripped gears or screws,nothing binding. Also check your crystals in both rx and tx,pull them out and reinsert making sure they are seated properly. If all this checks out ok it could be a bad 4in1.