Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

buying an electric heli, input appreciated.

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

buying an electric heli, input appreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 08:06 AM
1993fordprobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying an electric heli, input appreciated.

first thing first, i have looked, and read about a million electric helis on line, maybe narrowed it down to 2 walkera #36, or blad cp pro. new to helis, but have been running a simulator for a while now and do not want a fixed pitch, I know it is just helpful advice, but please dont suggest it.

I am looking for, upgrade ability, 3d capability, and just a good well rounded helicopter, could someone help me out here.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:34 AM
ATHOMLEY

Default RE: buying an electric heli, input appreciated.

well i'm still new to the heli game and have both the #36 & the cp-pro as well as the cx & a fixed pitch. both the 36 & cp are good the cp is alot more to handle than the 36 as it is setup for advanced flight out of the box. the 36 is nice both requires alot of adjustments fine tuning & time but it is also more upgradeable than the cp because alot of it's parts are interchangeable with the trex. with that said if I were able to start over I'd probabley buy the cp to start with because it requires less setup, parts are easy to get localy and cheaper too. and it is just flat out fast and fun indoors and out. hope my 2 cents help good luck [sm=thumbup.gif] and don't foget if you haven't crashed yet you will or your not learning to fly.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:14 PM
mcdaniel

Hi there
IF you never fly a real heli before, why not fixed pitch one ,and why dont suggest it?????????. why you are thinking in
3D heli now, you are very far away from that. Remember ,this could be a frustrated experience hobby for many people, if dont know where to start, most of the pilot here, starts in FP heli and they including me are very happy for that.
Hope it help.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:23 AM
neweheliflyer

I will suggest you go for the Walkera No. 60, it is a newer helicopter and stable in flying. It also comes with separated electronics, not like the No. 36 which use the all-in-one board. Check this out
Old 02-23-2007, 11:28 PM
mondo50

I am not posting this to burst anyones bubble or beliefs. But the #36 does not have an all-in-one board. It is a regular 6 channel receiver with a built-in brushed motor controller. You can very easily add a brushless motor and ESC to the Walkera receiver. An all-in-one board is used mainly on fixed pitch helis such as the #4. The motor controller, gyro, and servo connections are built into the receiver. I am not trying to arque with anyone, only trying to be factual.