Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

To All V120D02S Owners!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 10:35 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default To All V120D02S Owners!!

Out of the box my V120 had a twitching rudder servo that was getting worse only after 10 flights, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR and buy a E-flight DS35 servo, all you need to do is flip the servo holder to face the other side, solder on a lead wire from a shot servo, wire black to brown, red to red and white to orange and sand the little servo prongs untill they fit the tray.

the tail holds great, talks to the RX just fine, and is smoother and faster and only costs you $17

Another thing to do if you are doing mostly 3D, install microheli blades, they are thinner and lighter, they work great to make flips much faster, but be warned they are more likely to break in a crash and it will make it much less stable in fast flight (i'm talking when your flying it as fast as it will go)

order swash servo gears from oomodel, these are said to be much better than stock, servo's are walkera's ackiles heel
cut the tail fin so that the landing gear sits flush (mine was WAY too tall) and shave the back of the fin off, I found this makes the tail hold better

for a tame but controllable bird to learn with, set your dual rate to 75% (keep rudder 100% always)

one last thing, melt the canopy where it meets the landing gear so its a oval instead of a square, canopies always crack here due to that sharp edge tearing/cracking, doing this will prevent it from cracking here.

This is a great little bird and is leaps and bounds better than a micro like the Genius cp or Nano CP it flies like a much bigger bird and has a perfect balance of stability and agility.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:33 PM
The_Shark

Default RE: To All V120D02S Owners!!

microheli carbon blades make this bird feel amazingly stable, crisp and reduces pitch up during FFF but be warned, even a very light crash they will eat blade grips and feathering shafts (crashed once 5 feet from the ground during a flip and ate grips, feathering shaft and a servo gear) and NEVER fly with these blades inside, they are sharp and strong and can cause deep cuts or eye wounds.

I have only crashed twice in 30 or so flights, so if you can fly without crashing, these are worth buying.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:01 PM
The_Shark

turnigy nano-tech 750MAH 35-75c batteries are very good on this heli, I reccomend changing the connectors, I use standard deans (overkill) but ec-2 connectors would be best.

less sag during flight, slightly higher head speed, reduces bog and I can get a 4minute flight with lots of fast foward and loops and still have plenty of punch left before landing

loving this heli, went from coaxial to CP in october, first with the genius cp and then the nano cpx (POS) I learned hovering and a little bit of flight and flips, but now with this thing I am no longer afraid to fly and fly hard, its predictible, easy to see and inexpensive to crash. this should be everyone's first CP heli

Old 03-20-2013, 03:22 AM
stevebtx12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good info, thanks for posting this. I should be receiving my V120D02S by the end of this week.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:42 AM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has flown flawlessly. you have to keep an eye on the tail rotor shaft as it will bend if you set it down to hard.
I might mention that I DID STRIP A SET OF SERVO GEARS ON THE LEFT CYCLIC SERVO. I had the gear set on hand so it was an easy fix. I'm using the devo 12s and have it opened up for volts and temp on the telemetry function. I'm getting almost 12 minutes flight time aftermarket battery. 10 on the stock battery. machine runs at 100. to 102 deg during almost the entire flight.