Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

My 22E diary

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 11:00 PM
roychye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My 22E diary

haha cool, thanks for these interestng infomation. I'm gettting more and more interested in flying a helicopter, probably should start from 22E!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:30 PM
rabfan

As promised some pics

huh. look at that, I left my lights on. No wonder my battery was dead this morning....d'oh!

the head and Brushless motor set up from the wreck I bought. I've started putting them on my first 22.

Brushless tail motor!

Faux carbon blades. I added the aluminium abrasion strip because it looks cool.
I also noted that the blades I recieved with the wreck were significantly heavier than my other stock 22E blades. I think the wreck was an older 22E model.
The extra weight has really made the machine more stable.
And as you can see in the first picture I've had anothe rboom strike.....2 in fact. Don't say it ChopperDown! One happened after I contacted the ground with the disk and the other when I had a hard landing.....
I also hit a tree. Amazingly these old blades are undamaged! Way stronger than the new blades! unbelievable!
The crashes have also broken some ball links so I've been replacing them with the stainless steel balls by drilling a hole on the original mounting point.
Ta DA!
I'm able to hoven now......the machine moves around quite a bit but I still have to put the shim in the T-block.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:34 PM
roychye

The aluminium head is cool! it saves you a lot of work of installing a brand new aluminium head that needs modification. Once you complete the upgrade please let us see some nice photos of it.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:46 AM
roychye

How going man?? pretty busy recently so not flying my 22E too often. Last flight ended in a crash because the servos glitched.
How are going with your upgrade? or you have already given up the crappy walkera and go for a better heli?

Roy
Old 10-08-2007, 10:12 PM
billeybob

I to bought a 22e about a month ago and the electronics were %$#!. After crashing a few times and then bashing it I tore out the electronics and put in spare gear I had sitting around, 370 Hi-Max, Castle 25a s/c, Kokam 1500mah 3cell, gws gyro, gws 5a s/c, Futaba 6XAS Tans, Cabon fiber tail boom and many repairs to the rotor head.

This is now a reborn heli that flies great!

Will try to post a video called HELI WORKS

C. Kimmel
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97453.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	779260   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61982.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	779261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13063.jpg