Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

22D vs 22E & cost of RTF version of 22D/E

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

22D vs 22E & cost of RTF version of 22D/E

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 04:18 AM
Chris1188

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 22D vs 22E & cost of RTF version of 22D/E

I bot two 22D's Ready to fly - at a 'special price' of US$175 each (probably still way too much) from TrendTimes, and the flight sim "Tru-Flite 3D 2.0" gives me an error message that it is "Unable to detect the transmitter adaptor" (I've already spent upwards of 2 hrs re-installing anything that can be re-installed or re-hooking up and re-booting but the flight sim won't load).
Even a demo (higher version) of the flight sim "TruFlite version 5.something" won't properly install and the company's contact url does'nt exist anymore. Yet Walkera refers to TruFlite 2.0 as if there is no problem. The Walkera forum also lists a few people in 2006 with the same problem.

I bot the 22D so there is less chance of damaging the tail rotor MOTOR -- It does'nt have a tail rotor motor (tail rotor is driven by main shaft via a rotating horizontal shaft in the boom)
Walkera told me the 22D is an 'older model' so they won't list it among their products and the 22E is a newer version.
Here is the package as it was supplied : http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...s_1961_8805966

A couple of questions:
#1.) If you did get it RTF<<, What did you pay for your 22D or 22E in the Ready To Fly version.

#2.) I'm trying to determine whether I can more or less tag along with the 22E crowd in reading up on problems and solutions for the 22E and apply that to the 22D.

#3.) I'm not sure wether I should keep my 22D's , seeing how much trouble you guys have, and maybe get onto a more long-term, easier electric heli (I'd rather trade cost for less headaches). <> Anyway, I expect to do serious sim time <> Crashing sim is cheaper.

Thanks in advance.
Chris
Old 08-02-2007, 12:01 PM
raz54

Default RE: 22D vs 22E & cost of RTF version of 22D/E

I got a 22D a few months ago for $136.00 (shipped) and I just saw them at another site for $98.00 + shipping so yes you did pay too much. I never tried the sim so I can't help you there. So far I have no complaints about the heli. It flies great and has not broke anything yet even after several crashes. I chose it for the same reason, no tail motor to burn out and I'm very happy with mine. I don't see how the 22e could be a newer version though since it's a cp and the 22D is a fp?
Old 08-03-2007, 09:33 PM
KCinNC

i just got a 22d off of ebay..not a bad little heli. do wish i would have done a little more research as to spare parts availabilty though !!

i do like the rear gear prop...but when it does give up....will the parts i need be there?
Old 08-03-2007, 11:34 PM
raz54

I haven't had any problems with parts yet. I got a bunch to keep on hand from RC & Me.

http://www.rcandme.com/catalog/index...1be75349f1fb0e
Old 08-03-2007, 11:41 PM
KCinNC

good deal man...seems they have all the good stuff !!!! thanks for that link
Old 08-06-2007, 10:30 AM
raz54

Any time. I don't have any where to fly mine right now but hopefully will soon but in the mean time would like to hear from other 22D owners on how they like it.