Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 5#10

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 06:04 PM
thschram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera 5#10

So I was 2 seconds from ordering a Lama 4 off of Mike's site and decided to look into the Walkera 5#10. This heli seems to already have some of the upgrades that the lama needs right out of the shoot. It also appears to be more durable. I can't seem to find to many threads or reviews on it though. So can anyone that has experience with both please advice on which one I should get?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:30 PM
fireplug1111
My Feedback: (21)

THSCHRAM:

I have not flown the lama. However from just looking at the Lama and the 5#10 I am going to say that the 5#10 is extremily more durable. I have had mine in a few crashes and the only problem I have had is a broken skid. I can take my heli and get in a hover about 5 feet off the ground and set the TX down and it will stay in one spot. I can also take mine get it to about 5 feet and give it full right rudder and it will spin like no tomorrow and never loose a inch of alt. I truly Love this heli and I would highly recommond you get one from Mike. Very fast shipping and nice to deal with. I would have to say he is at the top of my Heli supplier from now on.

Alan
Old 01-13-2008, 03:38 PM
hoverqueen

I am looking for a CP but may go FP too. after flying this copter for a while I like flying more and more
Old 01-13-2008, 11:12 PM
markrcflyer

I am looking at purchasing an indoor heli and have my choices narrowed down to the Walkera 5#10, Blade CX2, and the Esky Lama 4. Which one of the 3 would be the best choice? Are any of them capable of fast forward flight? Any and all input is greatly appreciated. I only have experience on the Air Hogs Havoc heli. Thanks for your time.

Mark
Old 01-14-2008, 02:30 AM
GreenRacer
My Feedback: (3)

Hey mark, I'm in Mesquite! I'd go with the walkera, but I'm just biased. All three you've mentioned are capable of fast forward flight. They fly quite a bit differently than an air hogs heli so it's going to be a new learning experience. In my opinion, learning on a coax is the best way to begin because they are very stable in the air and you learn orientation for when you want to try fixed pitch heli's.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:09 PM
markrcflyer

Thanks for the info Greenracer. Do you buy your helis locally or online? They just built a Hobby Town USA store not far from my house but they only carry the E-flite line of helis. Many thanks for your feedback.

Mark
Old 01-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Shiba

Well I just ordered mine yesterday. Look forward to giving it a try. I am not letting it beat me this time.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:01 PM
flyingmiko

Hi all . After read all this now I wanted to get one, where is the best place to get one? there are not a store in Canada which selling them... Doh.... and one question. Is the Battery ( on the site said 1 cell 3.9 v) good enough to fly this thing and how long it last? Thanks
Old 01-20-2008, 08:41 PM
GTX SlotCar

http://www.ka-planes.com
Has great service and prices.
It uses a single cell LiPo (3.7v). I haven't actually timed it, but I think about 10 minutes of flight. It has more climb power than my Lama which uses a 7.4v LiPo, and the motors run cooler.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:23 PM
flyingmiko

Thanks for the links. I try to Email http://www.ka-planes.com, asking about the shipping cost.... but Just can't get through....oh well what to do!!!!.
Matk.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:06 PM
GTX SlotCar

Yesterday was Sunday and today is a holiday in the US. Many stores are closed.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:26 AM
mikek0416

I just emailed you our email addresses
Mike

one of these
[email protected] or [email protected]

thank you
Mike
Old 01-23-2008, 05:01 PM
HBGHP21

Hey im a begginer at flying helicopters and i got the walkera 5#10. When i move up after i can ly what madel do you think i should get and where from.
Thanks
Hayden
Old 01-24-2008, 12:23 PM
GreenRacer
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: markrcflyer

Thanks for the info Greenracer. Do you buy your helis locally or online? They just built a Hobby Town USA store not far from my house but they only carry the E-flite line of helis. Many thanks for your feedback.

Mark
Myself, I buy online for my heli's and heli parts. Locally they are very expensive and the quality isn't all that different most of the time. You're talking about the hobbytown in Rockwall that just opened a few months ago? There's one in Plano and one in Dallas too, they sell virtually the same stock each one you go to. None of these stores locally will ever sell walkera, only e-flite. I can't really say why but I suspect it has to do with walkera being an import from china and not a "domestic" product and/or possibly being under corperate contract to sell only what corporate allows. Have you tried A-1 off of 635 & gross? They are geared more towards heli/airplanes and have a decent selection of e-flite stuff. Wild bill's in Irving sells a lot of airplane parts, engines... There are two other hobby shops out in Plano but they mostly sell on-road and off-road. Those are the only hobby shops I know of around the metroplex.

I think a lot of people make the choice of heli on how fast they can get replacement parts, if that's you...then go with an e-flite model. If you're patient and low on money, try a walkera coaxial and see how you like it. The quality in parts isn't all that different except for the electronics in my opinion. Any brand can easily break if you crash, and you will crash a few times learning. Either way, good luck and don't give up too easily.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:08 PM
FlyingChica

I have decided on a FP probably the Esky. From what I read they are probably the best.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:24 PM
HBGHP21

Hey I was wondering what you think about the blade series of helicopters. I am just starting to fly and when i move up do you think that i should get one of the blade helicopters.
Thanks,
Hayden
Old 01-28-2008, 01:50 AM
faquer

Flyingchica

Check out the Skyartec wasp v3 its an FP little smaller than the Esky and its belt driven for the tail rotor (which is awesome and unheard of in an FP heli no tail motor tp constantly burn out) It has a brushless motor too. It is my step up from my blade cx2 coax heli, My buddy and i each got one last week so far so great. I comes with a lot for the money sim and usb cable and training gear aluminum body, titanium tail Check it out at www.highvolt-heli.com Oh and when your ready there is a CP upgrade kit for it.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:18 PM
mikek0416

several 5#10s back in stock at ka-planes.com
Old 02-02-2008, 03:20 PM
hoverqueen

nice - I will grab one for a gift
Old 02-06-2008, 08:18 PM
HBGHP21

what do you think the best coaxil helicopters are.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Kelownan
My Feedback: (1)

this one lol.
THis is my 1st heli, got it 2months ago and its awsome i fly it every day.
its much better on a harder floor than carpet as the rear stabiliser is allways get'n caught.

i have few viberation issues with it, nocked it down a few notches by loosening the screws holding the blades so they just stay
horizontal.

It would jump about the floor something crazy. I have a mate who knows all about real choppers and he made a few suggestions
after looking at it.

the skids could be a bit taller (so if anyone knows of something that might fit lemmee know) also ill try a bit of padding under
the back end where the skid fixes to the frame.

Let you know what happens.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:08 PM
faquer

Any word on the new 5#10 2.4ghz?
Old 02-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Jdogga

I have this heli... my first one. Got it from bananahobby.com.
I have probably flown it through 20 charges now and I love it!

I have crashed it a few times and ordered the following parts:
skids
blades
vertical stabilzer (2 - I stacked them so they are more durable)
extra battery and charger

I really wish the skids were more durable... they are just flawed by design but unfortunately none of the unbreakable skids people make this model skids.

I almost want to try and make more durable landing gear myself.

Now I can fly it around the house ok and once I get a calm day I will take her outside.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:26 PM
GTX SlotCar

We're looking into making a sub-micro set of landing gear for the 5#10. There are a couple problems. I don't have a lot of time for research right now, and I don't know if the landing gear would fit other models. If it only fits this one model, the investment would be too large.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Kelownan
My Feedback: (1)

Ive found the rudder doesnt centre properly either. leave it netral and then trim it seems to work. also this starts left spins real bad once the battery is almost out. maybe a design flaw with the pair of motors cos one starts to spin slower.

That would be good GTX if you do get some skids. make them a higher profile if you can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.