Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

WALKERA 4#3B 2.4Ghz Metal Upgraded Edition Helicopter

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

WALKERA 4#3B 2.4Ghz Metal Upgraded Edition Helicopter

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 06:10 PM
joizeex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WALKERA 4#3B 2.4Ghz Metal Upgraded Edition Helicopter

coaxial helis can teach people bad habits   one of the most important things about flying anything, is self control - preventing your hands from over correcting and learning to give only small inputs. you'll get used to it with time.

these types of helis are usually set to hover around midstick throttle, so that's about where the heli will be staying at the same altitude. that's how you know if the motor is bad or battery is starting to die, when you have to push higher than the middle to stay in the air.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:48 PM
klaze

After about 20 packs I am able to hover no problem.. Just had to get over the heli darting left.. I've also taken off the training gear..

Not doing forward flight yet...
Old 05-21-2009, 07:10 PM
klaze

My gyro sucks i'm constantly adjusting the tail position and the sensitivity screw on the RXwon't turn either direction..

I noticed the 2406B rx, comes with the double brushless, has a EXT pot instead of a Sensitivity pot.. I guess that will tone down the servos..

I've gotten used to how the 4#3b responds so i've gotten a bit more aggressive with the controls.. Earlier I was saying it's slow to respond but it's actually extremely quick.. It seemed slow because I was moving the sticks wayyy too much...

Old 05-25-2009, 01:27 PM
klaze

What holds the paddles to the bar?

Should I be able to twist or move them with my fingers?

Does the collar hold them on?
Old 05-26-2009, 12:08 AM
joizeex

1) magic
2) yes, it's better to loosen the screws a little, but not necessary
3) it locks them in place and serves as flybar weight for stability
Old 06-08-2009, 08:05 PM
joizeex

so after all, no matter how many times i run my 2 batteries, the flight duration just sucks. i'll be getting a pair of new ones.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:21 PM
helimangler

Little things on the 4#3B can cause it not to handle well.  I was missing a C keeper on one side for a week and couldn't figure out why it was so loose.  Had that kind of Marble in a bowl action.  Rolling around in a hover. 

This bird is a great training tool for the larger helis for sure.  If you can fly this thing,  You can fly any other one.  My two 450's are a breeze and require less speed on the controller.  Same small movements, just not as fast.  But big helis have BIG crashes compared to my little easy and cheap to fix 4#3B!!   And, when the weather sux, I can fly it around in my house.  Unless the wife gets pissed.  LOL!

Happy flying to you all!!

Helimangler
Old 06-13-2009, 02:43 PM
joizeex

sorry, this is off topic, but i just HAD to let you guys know about it because it's a damn good deal:
http://www.modelrectifier.com/search...ew.asp?ID=8335
in case anyone is looking for a .50 nitro, that's like 50% off. too bad i already have that kit in HPM mode.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:30 PM
joizeex

wow no updates for over a month.
well today i had mine out in the open for the 2nd time, but this time there was a slight wind and the 4#3B held up really nicely. i was very surprised. i could see the tail wagging at times, but it held, until the battery started to get depleted, then the wind started winning and rotated the tail.

i did FFF and figure 8's and flying in various directions and orientations and i was very pleased at how it handles big spaces. until now i've only hovered it inside my apt, where there's not enough room to always correct brain farts and i would have to cut throttle alot (already put a tiny scratch on my 50" TV). outdoors i only went down 2x per pack while doing all kinds of flying. it doesn't teach you to be precise, but it does teach you a lot about dynamics of the bird.

how are you guys with single and dual brushless systems? are those motors/ESCs holding up?

here's a pic of my 4#3B and picooZ on top of my nitro
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30116.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	1239476  
Old 07-26-2009, 12:16 PM
livonia bob

I have the double brushless 4#3B and 4G3. With the 4#3 other than the tail boom getting shorter, breaking the anti rotation bracket, losing the cap and screw on top, having to replace the o rings and not being able to put the e clips back on, breaking off the tail skid, breaking off the right tip on landing skid, breaking one set of main blades, having the tail wag very badly at times, I'm doing great.. After two months of flying I can hover tail in outside for battery after battery with no problem.. But if I try to go any farther than that I have to go pick it up and try again... On the 4G3 I have gone through two sets of blades and still haven't been able to hover it for more than a couple of seconds... My MCX S300 burned out the receiver so I had to replace the whole thing. So now have lots of spare parts for it..
Old 07-27-2009, 10:22 PM
joizeex

sounds like you could use some practice on some cheap PC sims. there are $30 ones out there. it would help you out a whole lot. also, it sounds like you gotta get used to shutting down the throttle as soon as you start losing the heli. you'll save on parts and down time. (unless you're already doing that)

also, try to gradually turn the heli into a side-in hover. First start at 45 degrees from tail-in, then repeat for the other side. Gradually increase the angle. That's how i learned it.

i shortened the boom 3 times now, from it cracking inside the main frame, and it still works fine, except for when i fly it outside in light wind. Then it's very hard for the tail to stay where it should, but hey, the 4#3B isn't meant for the wind. I'm really digging flying it outside though, it's a blast to zoom around. Today the heli was accompanied in the air by a bunch of swallows (bird) that got REALLY close to it, i hope they weren't trying to hump my heli lol. I need to drag one of my friends out to record a vid. The wind likes to kick the tail around and sometimes to the heli away from me, but it's never a problem to keep it up there and away from grass. Much more fun and challenge than hovering in my living room. Best part is, it takes the hardest hits into the grass and those have less effect on it than anything indoors.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:07 AM
Rogue Sub

I am very surprised by the amount of wind my 4#3b can handle. It has been pretty windy out here and it handles just fine. The same wind makes my mcx and blade cx unflyable. This heli is way more fun outside then inside. I recommend hand launching it (when you get that far) over a grass field. its already durable enough and the grass will dampen the fall even more. Its just so light you know. Oh and learning ot cut the throttle on a crash is the best thing you can do for these little birds.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:59 PM
joizeex

well, today i finally destroyed the stock tail boom. i had it coated in CA previously. today i crashed and it snipped off inside the frame again, so i cleaned the pieces out and stuck it back in, but while flying, it popped out and the heli started spinning like crazy, so i had to cut it and let it drop on the grass. when i walked over the boom was split almost all the way down. unfortunately because of some CA leaking inside of the boom before, it made the wire insulation brittle, so it cracked in a couple of places. might need to replace it. i'm not gonna run the boom on the inside anymore though, don't feel like soldering tail motor every time. i think the tail motor is on its way out too because it can barely rotate CW.