Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

5g6 1 min flight times

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 08:38 AM
oosel
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5g6 1 min flight times

I got my WALKERA 5G6 about 1 week ago from the start I got about 3-4 minute flight times on it which was ok. now im lucky to keep it in the air for one full minute! I dont think its the battery because I have 2 and they both do the same thing. could something be wrong with the motors?

I love flying this little heli I just need to fix this problem.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:24 PM
ace@
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: 5g6 1 min flight times

I have the same problem and i ordered a new set the only thing is i'm still waiting for them. I'll let you know. I love it i'm thinking of getting the nre one 5G6-1.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEWEST-WALKERA-2...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-24-2008, 06:56 PM
ace@

Well i figured it out for me at least!!! it was not the motors or the batteries. It was the linkage on the top blade. If you hold the hile in your hand and give it throttle the top blade on mine was wobbling around like crazy i shortend the linkage and now i get longer flight times. After i charged the battery i would only get 1 min. of normal flight and then i would only get an inch off the ground and it do that for like 7 or 8 min. then die. It was because of the wobble..

Hope that helps!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:18 AM
oosel

Thanks for the advice I checked mine out and played around with the linkage and it didnt help, there does not seem to be any vibration though either. BUTT I did notice something! The metal collar with a set screw that holds the 2 big black gears on the bottom of the heli gets so HOT it will burn you if you touch it! and when this collar heats up thats when the heli drops to the ground and just barley hovers inches from the floor. you let it cool down and can fly again for about 30 seconds.

So atleast I have found the problem but how do I fix it? is it a bearing, do the shafts that go inside each other need oiled? I dont even have instructions for dissambeling this thing and im scared to break it lol.

does anyone know how these things come apart? and what should I do or check?
Old 07-25-2008, 08:40 AM
oosel

Ok I got up the nerve to take it apart. check this out http://www.mindbinge.com/m/b/imageho...9d5e53166b.jpg the bearing on the inner black gear is all torn up and there are metal shavings everywhere. I will get a new one ordered im sure this is my entire problem.

thanks for the help.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:10 PM
ace@

That will do it. The shaft must spin free and smooth then put the gears back on.