Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

Walkera 4#3B Balance Bar... CF or Steel?

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 4#3B Balance Bar... CF or Steel?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Steve Joblin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 4#3B Balance Bar... CF or Steel?

Hard crash yesterday put a nice little kink in my balance bar that I can't straighten out. Looks like a new one is in order...

WowHobbies (and others) sell two kinds... a Carbon Fiber one and a light steel one.

Which is better? Advantages / Disadvantages of each?
Old 12-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Tedstrickland
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Walkera 4#3B Balance Bar... CF or Steel?

Recommend you stick to the OEM 4#3B flybar. It has the "flat spots" or detents, which really helps with the alignment of the bar and paddles. I have also tried the longer MIA flybar, which does not thave the detents, and is carbon steel, which rusts..... You should also try the new MIA LG for 4#3B, which are vastly superior to the OEM, and can survive the most vicious of crashes......

The CF does not hold-up as well (something about metal screws fraying the CF), which is also why I have changed my tail boom to metal tube. I have used brass and stainless steel hypodermic tube (from Small Parts, Inc. in Miami). The SS is superior, as it does not deform like the brass from the pressure of the front and rear set screws.....
Old 12-26-2008, 02:18 PM
helicrazedout

Default RE: Walkera 4#3B Balance Bar... CF or Steel?

i agree totally with ted