Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

One More Walkera 4#1 Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 08:44 PM
AZheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One More Walkera 4#1 Question

About 3 months ago I got fed up with the 4#1, having spun off another set of bladeholder bearings, & set it aside. Yesterday I finally got it back out for another try. Got a little hover time & brought it down when it began to get away from me. Upon a not really all that hard landing, the bladeholder once again cocked istelf to one side & spat out a perfectly good bearing. I forcibly yanked the rest of it off in order to rescue the remaining bearing, removed the battery, pitched it all into a paper bag, then tossed it back into the black recesses of a closet that accumulates "future projects". I'm about fed up with the ongoing bearing loss problem. The fact that the bearings are a proprietary size & not readily available, makes me all the more cranky...

Is there a replacement head or adaptable upgrade that is cheap & easy to sub in? I'm open to suggestions & easy fixes & really don't want to go much further than maybe a different swashplate, if needed, to match up a new head assembly.

If not, my thoughts right now turn to (if it weren't for wasting a perfectly good battery) patch it up, yank it high into the air & either cut power so it demolishes itself on the concrete, or better yet, pop it several times with the 12 gauge. Both would provide stress relief & a temporary feelgood, but would leave me with a few new-in-bag spares, and also a void where a cheap FP should be. Otherwise, I've been unable to break anything on it - not even tail rotor blades.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:23 AM
pgroom_68

Default RE: One More Walkera 4#1 Question

ORIGINAL: AZheli

Is there a replacement head or adaptable upgrade that is cheap & easy to sub in? I'm open to suggestions & easy fixes & really don't want to go much further than maybe a different swashplate, if needed, to match up a new head assembly.
LOL. (Laughing with NOT at you). I share your pain mate!

Before you get out the 12-gauge and remove it from the sky, have a quick look at these: (change currencies on RHS) [link=http://www.eastcoasthobbies.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=194]4#1 full metal head[/link]

I know I'm on the other side of the world, but I'm sure one of the sites closer to you has these for sale. Brett @ eastcoasthobbies here in Australia is brilliant at helping with your problems also, so he might know of a site closer to you (otherwise postage would weigh you down). Email him![8D][sm=shades_smile.gif]
If all else fails I have two Walkera #4s (original but have added Super-skids to both), and could always do with some extra spares

Peter
Old 12-15-2008, 10:47 AM
AZheli

Default RE: One More Walkera 4#1 Question

I found more bearings. Some contact adhesive may well keep the bearings in place inthe event of another hard landing, so the 4#1 gets a reprieve for now.

I've got some inquires out to source the all metal head locally - Exactly what I seek.

Thanks for the tip, pgroom_68!!