Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

honeybee vs dragonfly?

Old 06-14-2009, 02:08 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default honeybee vs dragonfly?

What's the difference? They look about the same and they're about the same price.
And which is more preferred / better?

My dad is set on buying one tonight so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:34 PM
GTX SlotCar

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: honeybee vs dragonfly?

There are a half dozen honeybee and dragonfly models. Many Esky helis are called honeybee and many Walkeras are called dragonfly.
If you're talking about fixed pitch helis like the Honeybee FP, then that's the model to get.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:47 PM
dchin62973

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Have to agree with Gary. I do many mods for the 4-channel FPHelis and I have to say that I have done them all. The better electronics is the E-SKY HBFP. I was able to modify this heli to be totally brushless incoporating the Super Skids 300 landing gear system and the Super Skids titanium tail boom and use an 11.1 volt 1,000 Mah LIPO and you have a fast flying medium sized FP heli that flys like the 6-channel CP helis. So if ou don't care for any aerobatic flying like inverted flying, the E-SKYHBFP is the one to get. Parts are relatively inexpensive and you can upgrade with the mods I have done to have an awesome heli when you want. Many have not upgraded and just went to an expensive 6-channel CPheli. I can definately respect that, but all it takes is one crash on the 6-channel and it will cost you an arm and leg not to mention the time fixing the heli.

Below is a video of the totally brushless E-SKYHBFP 72Mhz. The brushless tail motor is acting as a Direct Drive (DD) andunlike other DD that use the GWS carbon brushed motor, this brushless motor stays cool to the touch after flying and will likely never need replacing as there areno brushes to wear out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CeYpyu_Z8c[/youtube]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35802.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	1218239  
Old 06-14-2009, 08:50 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the reply GTX SlotCar and dchin62973 (sweet heli by the way).
We went with the new Esky version 3 Honey Bee Mk 3 w/ a lipo for $85 including shipping
Should be a fun little chopper
Old 06-21-2009, 01:03 AM
mintie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: dchin62973

Have to agree with Gary. I do many mods for the 4-channel FPHelis and I have to say that I have done them all. The better electronics is the E-SKY HBFP. I was able to modify this heli to be totally brushless incoporating the Super Skids 300 landing gear system and the Super Skids titanium tail boom and use an 11.1 volt 1,000 Mah LIPO and you have a fast flying medium sized FP heli that flys like the 6-channel CP helis. So if ou don't care for any aerobatic flying like inverted flying, the E-SKYHBFP is the one to get. Parts are relatively inexpensive and you can upgrade with the mods I have done to have an awesome heli when you want. Many have not upgraded and just went to an expensive 6-channel CPheli. I can definately respect that, but all it takes is one crash on the 6-channel and it will cost you an arm and leg not to mention the time fixing the heli.

Below is a video of the totally brushless E-SKYHBFP 72Mhz. The brushless tail motor is acting as a Direct Drive (DD) andunlike other DD that use the GWS carbon brushed motor, this brushless motor stays cool to the touch after flying and will likely never need replacing as there areno brushes to wear out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CeYpyu_Z8c[/youtube]

HI would be interested in the links as to where you obtained the brushless set up....I have a Hughs 300 which has the some mechanics as the HBFF ..I am running the standard motors and a 3 cell 1250 ma li po battery ,as yet had no problems after about 26 hrs flying. I do have all of the super skids landing gear on. BUT one day it is going to blow and the brushless would be a good option..cheers

Search this Thread