Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

do not buy walkera products

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 08:22 AM
midntpumkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do not buy walkera products

i bought a walkera fp 4#3b a few days ago, after the 8th flight it wont bind to the reciever , called them they said there is no warrantee on it . didnt offer to replace the reciever or anything even thouth its the reciever that wont work .
do not buy there product , buy a horizon hobby product they stand by there product
you all have been warned
Old 12-15-2009, 02:35 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: do not buy walkera products

I had that happen with my 4#3B out of the box... Turned out it was the way I was powering up the helicopter... Its been fine ever since.. I have two of them now and have owned other Walkera Products for a couple of years now..
If it really is defective, try contacting the hobby shop where it was purchased... They usually will stand behind what they sell... You can't really expect the manufacturer to just send out parts because you say its broken.. Walkera products as are most other items are warrantied to a certain extent.. Coming on to a site and bashing a product is a sure way to not get help....
Old 12-15-2009, 07:31 PM
midntpumkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: cenracer1

I had that happen with my 4#3B out of the box... Turned out it was the way I was powering up the helicopter... Its been fine ever since.. I have two of them now and have owned other Walkera Products for a couple of years now..
If it really is defective, try contacting the hobby shop where it was purchased... They usually will stand behind what they sell... You can't really expect the manufacturer to just send out parts because you say its broken.. Walkera products as are most other items are warrantied to a certain extent.. Coming on to a site and bashing a product is a sure way to not get help....
actually i did , i didnt want there names to be on here and that was what i was told , it flew fine out of the box , hoverd everything just after the 8th flight it only flashes fast.
i also posted this on rc groups as someone on rcgroups were able to help me fix it, it ended up to be a bad solder joint on the silver capacitor solderd it back and back up and flying.

the moral of the story is you get what you pay for, if it were someone who didnt have an electonics back ground wouldnt of been able to fix it. i feel that the place i puchased it from (a name company WOW hobbies) has let me down and wouldnt offer to even have me send it back , bad customer service wont be sending my busness there again.
next time for the money i paid i could of gotten 3 of the xheli 3 channels and had ample of spare parts , lesson learned buy cheap get the best bang for your buck and have spares
Old 12-15-2009, 07:50 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read your other post and didn't realize that it happened during a flight.. that wouldn't be a startup problem.. you did everything you could have and I'm glad you got it resolved.. unfortunately WOW hobbies screwed you... bad solder joints happen and I guess its part of the hobby..(although it shouldn't be)... Like I said, I have a couple of Walkeras and I had a few more that I sold off and all have been very good....