Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

help for choosing the right heli

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

help for choosing the right heli

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 01:48 AM
junionwoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help for choosing the right heli

hi guys,

i am pretty new to this hobby and was playing around with a Solo Pro2 until it keeps breaking down without really crashing ...

so i am thinking to switch to walkera and thinking if i should get the CB100 or 4G6 which the shop recommends saying that i should purchase 4G6 since CB100 will probably get boring very soon ... having doubts to fly the 4G6 as a newb so wanna check out if you guys can help??

cheers.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:05 PM
rofla

Default RE: help for choosing the right heli

As a newbie a CB100 will help you moving on up the ladder, the 4G6 will cause you nothing but frustration. The CB100 is much like my 4#3B double brushless, a wery good heli for beginners. The 4G6 is harder to fly than a t-rex 450. Just remember with double brushless walkera's, they need minimum 400mah 20c batteries. The original 400 10c is no good. Just my experience, for what it's worth. Keep on flying!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:08 PM
junionwoon

hi rofla,

thanks for the tips ... but can the heli take the 2C current? i am assuming that 2C refers to current right??

cheers
Old 01-27-2010, 05:05 AM
rofla

The heli uses the power it needs!! Double brushless solutions uses more power, therefor it requires batteries with higher C-rating to get enough power to work properly, and not to destroy the batteries. It is too low C-rating that is a problem, there is no such thing as to high C-rating. And, it is 20C, not 2C. Hope tis helps.